The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

+30
FIFA Diva
d260005p
A Fine Folk.
Sugar Floyd Louis
TopoftheChops
GG
Don Corleone187
GillesSimon
Josiah Maiestas
czaree
jro786
User Name
Kay Fabe
CFCNick
braveheart101
liverbnz
Fernando
Kenny
dublfcynwa
ian_jamsie
Thomond
JoshSansom
sodhat
JDandfries
Adam D
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Crimey
Dx Dan.
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Brady12
34 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who would you have in your team?

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 2 Vote_lcap72%Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 72% 
[ 61 ]
Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 24 ]

Total Votes : 85

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 2 Empty Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

Post by Brady12 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Pretty straight forward one really......

I'm going for the one that can score goals, has pace, doesn't get injured & can finish...... Step forward Daniel Sturridge

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

Post by Kenny Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:00 pm

Arsenal have enquired about Sturridge apparantley and been quoted 15 million by Chelsea , regular 1st team football at a top 6 side would be great for him if hes not going to start at Chelsea .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:02 pm

Yeah right would Chelsea sell to Arsenal. Think they'd rather loan him to a safe mid table side pushing for Europe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:06 pm

There are only 2 sides that wouldn't sell to each other and there Liverpool and Man Utd .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:06 pm

Churchill wrote:Yeah right would Chelsea sell to Arsenal. Think they'd rather loan him to a safe mid table side pushing for Europe.

who thought we'd sell ashley cole to them? so i wouldn't rule it out just yet

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

fernando wrote:
Churchill wrote:Yeah right would Chelsea sell to Arsenal. Think they'd rather loan him to a safe mid table side pushing for Europe.

who thought we'd sell ashley cole to them? so i wouldn't rule it out just yet

Yer because is was for £5mill plus a peak Gallas. I think Arsenal got a good deal considering he no longer wanted to be there.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:52 pm

I've heard people say Carroll was poor against Sunderland but I felt he was actually alright, obviously not excellent, but if you look at the first half when the whole team was playing well rather than the second when nobody on our side played well, Carroll was getting into the right positions and defenders are scared of him. He should have had a goal at Sunderland, but his size is sometimes a disadvantage like that where it looks worse than it actually us because he is so huge.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:58 pm

This thread is going to look riduculous come May.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:11 pm

perfectly good goal? laughing

So pushing in the back is allowed now is it?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:11 pm

Hardly a push.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:14 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Hardly a push.

Well what was it then?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:17 pm

JDandfries wrote:perfectly good goal? laughing

So pushing in the back is allowed now is it?
If it had happened the other way around and it was Carroll that went down there's no way he would have got a penaltyso to say it was a soft free kick is an understatement

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:17 pm

It wasn't a significant enough of a push to penalise for it, anywhere else on the pitch that would have been brushed off.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:33 pm

There are no if and buts here, was it a push or not?

Pushing someone when there are in the middle of jumping is dangerous and a foul, so it is simple realy!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:41 pm

JDandfries wrote:There are no if and buts here, was it a push or not?

Pushing someone when there are in the middle of jumping is dangerous and a foul, so it is simple realy!

If it was a foul then would Carroll have got a penalty if it had happened the other way around - NO
If it had happened outside the box would the ref given a free kick - NO
By the way ive watched it a few times and he hadn't left the ground
I guess you agree that the ref was right not to send Richardson off either.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

JD has a point, suprisingly Wink. Law of the game states that it's a foul if the referee deems Carroll to have impede the progress of his opponent. Despite it only being a slight push, it still msidirects the defender to where he was going.

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:07 pm

Sturridge all day long. Can't wait to see him get regular starts, probably next season with Lukaku, Torres and Kalou in rotation.

Carroll is overrated massively, if he went to somewhere else for £35m and Torres stayed put we'd be saying how Carroll is a flop because he hasn't done much better than Nando, Carroll's saving grace is the fact he's 22 and English.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:12 pm

Brown or was it Ferdinand had just left teh ground when Carrol nudged him in the back, it was enough to re-direct him and thus he missed the ball.

It was a push, and that is all that matters, it has nothing to do with any other incident on the pitch.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:13 pm

Churchill wrote:JD has a point, suprisingly Wink. Law of the game states that it's a foul if the referee deems Carroll to have impede the progress of his opponent. Despite it only being a slight push, it still msidirects the defender to where he was going.
Thats fair enough but how often do strikers get a penalty for the same incident or how often would that have been given as a free kick outside the penalty area. I can understand the ref deemed it a foul but refs have to apply the rules in the same way to all incidents.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:17 pm

Braveheart - as I said all other incident are irrelevant, the ref got it right surely you cannot argue with that?

As for the Richardson one, which you clearly have a bugbear with!

I don't know what the exact rule for this one is, but I imagine it is pretty ambiguous.

For me, yellow was correct, but only because it was not a DELIBERATE trip, had he blatantly hacked Suarez down, then red would be correct - and for me to the rule should be deliberately denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity - which in this case in my opinion, it was an accident

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:37 pm

JDandfries wrote:Braveheart - as I said all other incident are irrelevant, the ref got it right surely you cannot argue with that?

As for the Richardson one, which you clearly have a bugbear with!

I don't know what the exact rule for this one is, but I imagine it is pretty ambiguous.

For me, yellow was correct, but only because it was not a DELIBERATE trip, had he blatantly hacked Suarez down, then red would be correct - and for me to the rule should be deliberately denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity - which in this case in my opinion, it was an accident
Yes there was the slightest contact, that I'm not disputing. My point is wouldn't it be better if the ref's were more consistant with their decisions. As that was given as a foul then shouldn't the same offence on the halfway line be given as a foul as well or if that was a striker who went down shouldn't that still be classed as a foul and a penalty given.
As for the Richardson penalty incident, my understanding is that if you prevent a clear goalscoring opportunity, accidentally or deliberately, it is a straight red card. I still cant understand how the ref saw it as anything but a red card as Suarez would have rounded the keeper and scored so to say he was heading away from goal seems ridiculous. Yes I think Richardson should have gone but am not really that bothered, after all if Suarez had scored the penalty Liverpool would probably have won. As you said though thats all ifs and buts

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:39 pm

I think the referee was hesitant about sending somebody off for what is clearly an ambiguous foul as I've heard both sides of the argument so early in the match.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:44 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I think the referee was hesitant about sending somebody off for what is clearly an ambiguous foul as I've heard both sides of the argument so early in the match.
Thats another point I was going to make. Would the ref have made a different decision if it had been in the second half instead of the 5th minute

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 15 Aug 2011, 2:57 pm

The rules dont help, because they are all open to interpratation and like the offside rule, is now way too over complicated.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon 15 Aug 2011, 3:08 pm

JDandfries wrote:The rules dont help, because they are all open to interpratation and like the offside rule, is now way too over complicated.
Can't disagree with you on that one, the offside rule now is stupid. How much time is wasted when someone is offside but the freekick isn't given until they move towards/touch the ball. If a player is offside more often than not they will be interfering with play so it should be changed back to the way it was.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:17 pm

OK, I know it is early in the season, but

Carrol 4 games 0 goals

Sturridge 1 game 1 goal!

Soldier, will you just send me the money now? You may aswell, Carroll has been a total embarrassment!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:19 pm

Strong words JD!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 10 Sep 2011, 8:19 pm

Two of those games he has come off the bench to be fair. We'll see what it's like at the end of the year.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:35 pm

It's fundimentally wrong to claim Man City 'let' Sturridge go, they where desperate to keep him but he wouldn't re-sign and joined Chelsea undee freedom of contract (though City would have got compo) he found it difficult to break into the Chelsea side but Drogba was unplayable in his first season, in his second he was allowed out on loan when Chelsea spent/wasted £50m on Torres.

I think Sturridge is a better player, both Carroll and Sturridge had great half seasons at lesser Premiership clubs last year

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:39 am

JDandfries wrote:OK, I know it is early in the season, but

Carrol 4 games 0 goals

Sturridge 1 game 1 goal!

Soldier, will you just send me the money now? You may aswell, Carroll has been a total embarrassment!

JDandfries wrote:whoa - nice try, but where did I mention league goals???

Goals, all competitions, or are you going to welch?

Erm Carroll as got one Goal you egghead! Sort it out

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:54 am

Sturridge, without a shadow of a doubt.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:23 am

carrol is far better than sturridge, but we will see through the season if one does outdo one

jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:27 am

jro786 wrote:carrol is far better than sturridge

Because Liverpool spent £35M on him?

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:05 pm

i would rather have sturridge at westham, he could be the perfect partner for carew.

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:34 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Carrol 4 games 0 goals

Sturridge 1 game 1 goal!

Sorry, think he got one when he played for the reserve team didnt he, Carling Cup or something against Exeter or something.

OK

Carrol 1 in 5
Sturridge 1 in 1

Question stands, will you accept I was right and just send me the money now?

Especially since Carrol is now 4th choice Centre Forward, he wont start 25 games, and wont get many more goals, infact I predict he will be loaned to Darlington in October

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:43 pm

User Name wrote:

and your point is?
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:51 pm

JDandfries wrote:
Especially since Carrol is now 4th choice Centre Forward, he wont start 25 games, and wont get many more goals, infact I predict he will be loaned to Darlington in October

jd

4th choice? stop living in a dream world, it's a team game and everyone has their place in the team, if carrol is on the bench, it's mainly due to development within the team, not everyone can start

jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by czaree Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:54 pm

Would Manchester United or Barcelona have signed Andy Caroll? For 35 millions!
Sturridge is the better value for money for sure and can fit in any style of play.

czaree

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm

JDandfries wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Carrol 4 games 0 goals

Sturridge 1 game 1 goal!

Sorry, think he got one when he played for the reserve team didnt he, Carling Cup or something against Exeter or something.

OK

Carrol 1 in 5
Sturridge 1 in 1

Question stands, will you accept I was right and just send me the money now?

Well if it was for the reserve team would it count Laugh shhhhush

Counting you chickens there lad. Carrol will still score more then Sturridge. Marathon not a sprint!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:44 pm

It wasn't a reserve match, but it was basically the reserve team that played (which is why Carroll played)

So You have to play to score goals, and as Carrol is now 4th choice, he wont be playing much, even if he does avoid prison, so you better pray he Liverpool do well in the Carling cup, then is a chance he may get 6 or 7 this season!!!

Suarez, Kuyt, Bellamy all now ahead of Carroll - shocking judgement from Kenny!!

Incidently, you say Marathon not a sprint - just as well, cos i couldn't ever imgaine Andy Carroll sprinting!!

Last edited by JDandfries on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:45 pm

jro786 wrote:
JDandfries wrote:

jd

4th choice? stop living in a dream world, it's a team game and everyone has their place in the team, if carrol is on the bench, it's mainly due to development within the team, not everyone can start

What £35m record signing should be on the bench for 'development'??

Bellamy, Suarez, Kuyt, all ahead of Carroll now, making him 4th choice!!!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:53 pm

JDandfries wrote:
jro786 wrote:
JDandfries wrote:

jd

What £35m record signing should be on the bench for 'development'??

Bellamy, Suarez, Kuyt, all ahead of Carroll now, making him 4th choice!!!

Explain how he's forth choice?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:00 pm

He is FOURTH choice, because he is behind Kuyt, Suarez and now Bellamy, surely that doesnt need explaining?

Think he started your first league game (in place of Kuyt) and was so bad he was brought off early in the second half.

He hasnt started a game since (in the league) (Kuyt has started all since)and was again on the bench on Saturday - only to come on with Bellamy and miss a sitter - so guess he wont be starting any games soon, and coupled with Mr Capello's stinging critisism, things seem to be getting worse for him!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:09 pm

JDandfries wrote:He is FOURTH choice, because he is behind Kuyt, Suarez and now Bellamy, surely that doesnt need explaining?

Think he started your first league game (in place of Kuyt) and was so bad he was brought off early in the second half.

He hasnt started a game since (in the league) (Kuyt has started all since)and was again on the bench on Saturday - only to come on with Bellamy and miss a sitter - so guess he wont be starting any games soon, and coupled with Mr Capello's stinging critisism, things seem to be getting worse for him!

Well it does need explaining when we play with one striker and Kuyt plays on the right wing of a 4-5-1 formation

We played 4-4-2 first game with him and Suarez and him up front.

Do you research before your fibble atempts of wumming Laugh Doh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:14 pm

Ok, so why isn't your RECORD signing getting in the team??

Let's be honest if he was any good, he would get in wouldn't he??

Would you pick him in the team?? (Be honest cos I have plenty of pals who are LFC fans, and no one of them would have him in the team) If so, who would you leave out?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:23 pm

JDandfries wrote:Ok, so why isn't your RECORD signing getting in the team??

Would you pick him in the team?? (Be honest cos I have plenty of pals who are LFC fans, and no one of them would have him in the team) If so, who would you leave out?

Well for starters he should have started against Stoke. I would drop Henderson and go for 4-4-2 with him and Suarez up front.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:32 pm

JDandfries wrote:Ok, so why isn't your RECORD signing getting in the team??

let be honest with you jd

it's a team game so if the manager didn't want him to start then it's his call

just leave it alone

sturridge is good but is he going to consistant throughout the season? i'll see if that is the case in may
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:35 pm

jro786 wrote:
User Name wrote:

and your point is?

I didnt make a point by saying that, i was aking if thats why you think Carroll was better than Sturridge.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:40 pm

[quote="User Name"][quote="jro786"]
User Name wrote:

I didnt make a point by saying that, i was aking if thats why you think Carroll was better than Sturridge.

no, that's not the case, after watching both players carefully carrol offers more to the table than sturridge, but he is still not 100 per cent but if you compare the two at 100 per cent carrol offers more

jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 12 Sep 2011, 3:59 pm

Well i'm not sure Carroll will even make 9/10 league goals this season... the team seems to focus around Henderson and Suarez which is fair enough, Sturridge on the other hand can go round players use step overs and score with both feet... and Liverpool were very interested/hopeful in pulling off a deal for Sturridge when they knew Meireles wanted to transfer..
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:02 pm

[quote="jro786"][quote="User Name"]
jro786 wrote:
User Name wrote:

no, that's not the case, after watching both players carefully carrol offers more to the table than sturridge, but he is still not 100 per cent but if you compare the two at 100 per cent carrol offers more

That is just a total lie -

Firstly how have you been able to watch both players carefully? Carrol has only started 1 league game, after being dropped for the last three, and Sturridge was suspended for the first 3 games.

Secondly, if you have been able to watch them both so closely, what is it that makes you think carroll offer more?? We are talking football here, not bare knuckle fighting, or setting fire to cars

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next