The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most improved player for Liverpool in 11/12?

5 posters

Go down

Most improved player for Liverpool in 11/12? Empty Most improved player for Liverpool in 11/12?

Post by antoineclarke Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Lucas was a laughing stock for a couple of years. Not now. Maxi Rodriguez suddenly looked the part at the end of last season.

Who will be the chump to hero of the coming season?
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Most improved player for Liverpool in 11/12? Empty Re: Most improved player for Liverpool in 11/12?

Post by Crimey Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:14 pm

I think it could be Glen Johnson, he gets so much undeserved stick for being a bad defender etc. and Roy Hodgson destroyed his confidence last year by publically criticizing him. I think he could have a very good year this year, his attacking game is already top notch and his defensive game is not bad, I can see him improving this year and becoming key to the side, possibly stepping up on the left side of our defence.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Most improved player for Liverpool in 11/12? Empty Re: Most improved player for Liverpool in 11/12?

Post by antoineclarke Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:22 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I think it could be Glen Johnson, he gets so much undeserved stick for being a bad defender etc. and Roy Hodgson destroyed his confidence last year by publically criticizing him. I think he could have a very good year this year, his attacking game is already top notch and his defensive game is not bad, I can see him improving this year and becoming key to the side, possibly stepping up on the left side of our defence.

I thought he did well at left back when needed last season.

I could also see him used as Riise was on the left: a very handy midfielder but in front of a right back. If we were to try 3-5-2 (or any three at the back system), Johnson as wing back is a handy option. Not needed with Downing, but it's an option.
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Andy Carroll. I think Kenny will have him turned into a beast.

Those who laughed a young Lucas learning his trade in a different continent were idiots. He has certainly grown in stature over the last few seasons, but was never as bad as made out.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquil Chaos Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:39 pm

when i saw this topic, i instantly thought about glen johnson, he gets (i feel unwarranted) stick about being a bad defender, whereas i think hes actually pretty good and has improved, and i think now that kelly has shown he is more than ample competition for that spot, johnson will have to show he is looking to improve defensively to keep him spot
Tranquil Chaos
Tranquil Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:00 pm

This may sound odd becuase he was great for us anyway from january but i think Suarez will be even better next season and really threaten golden boot and footballer of the year awards .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down