The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead!

+48
CaledonianCraig
Born Slippy
profitius
Mr H
lfc91
Shot 21 LCFC
Biltong
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
VDT
Brys
bluestonevedder
rIck_dAgless
MtotheC
XR
alfie
SirJohnnyEnglish
B91212
edgehead79
nadeem2099
tomfinneywalksonwater
Mind the windows Tino.
two_tone
maverickmak
teassoc
RinoGattuso
Shifty
Hero
MIG
I Blame Coco
Paul Mac 6CW
ManWithAPlan
Beer
hampo17
Gameshow Heist
westisbest
scfc1992
President Trump
Enforcer
cherriesfna
Dass
TipToes88
Kenny
Bull
BALTIMORA
legendkillar
The Galveston Giant
Adam D
52 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead! - Page 2 Empty The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead!

Post by Adam D Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

For fans of the best show on TV last year, here is the trailer for season 2 which starts in October in the States.

I cant wait - it looks awesome:

Youtube in spoiler box
Spoiler:

Last edited by Adam D on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 1:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead!

Post by legendkillar Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:40 am

I am liking Dale. That guy is brilliant. Has a lot of savvy. Hoping to see a more ruthless side to him.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead!

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:48 am

Yeah he's a good character, looking forward to the story picking up a bit tonight.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:32 pm

he is a major character in the comics - more so than some of the ones that have prominently featured so far in the series.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Thu 17 Nov 2011, 3:33 am

Spoiler:

Edit - I have put this post in Spoilers as it covers stuff that happens in tomorrow episode in the UK. If you are going to discuss whats happened in US aired episodes, please have the courtesy to spoilerise them Adam D

Last edited by Adam D (Hobo) on Thu 17 Nov 2011, 7:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : see red pen)

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by scfc1992 Thu 17 Nov 2011, 6:43 pm

I Really enjoyed the first series, this series is no where near as good IMO.

scfc1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 19 Nov 2011, 3:08 pm

I think this series is building up ok , i have caught up on the episodes now and im enjoying it .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 20 Nov 2011, 4:06 am

This series is a lot slower definately, but really enjoyed the last episode.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Mon 21 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

"Edit - I have put this post in Spoilers as it covers stuff that happens in tomorrow episode in the UK. If you are going to discuss whats happened in US aired episodes, please have the courtesy to spoilerise them Adam D"

Sorry my mistake, I've been watching online so actually thought I was behind. Sorry guys

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 28 Nov 2011, 2:53 pm

Got to admit i wasn't overly impressed with the last episode .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 28 Nov 2011, 3:11 pm

I thought the episode was good - I liked the fact that you got to see Zombies during the day for a change.

I think next weeks episode is the last until the after Xmas (mid season break).

My prediction - Shane goes ape and lets the zombies from the barn out.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 29 Nov 2011, 8:12 am

Think he'll kill the family members in the barn of the people in the house.

Then they'll all be kicked off their property.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:39 am

Not sure if anything in here is a spoiler but just in case
Spoiler:

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Thu 01 Dec 2011, 8:08 am

TipToes88 wrote:Not sure if anything in here is a spoiler but just in case
Spoiler:

You were correct nothing in there was spoiler worthy.

As for the split in the season, it's something that's quite common for US television shows that have double figure episodes to do. The only reason the previous season didn't do this was because it had so few episodes (6 in total compared to 13 this time), meaning there was no need for a mid-season break. No idea why they do this with shows as it's been shown in the past to have some serious detrimental effects on viewing figures to certain shows causing cancellations but it's just so common in their scheduling (Autumn or Summer starting shows all suffer the same fate) it's became second nature I guess.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Fri 02 Dec 2011, 12:58 am

Yeah, thought it might have something to do with DVD sales. The BBC does that on some of its higher grossing shows, releases them in parts so you have to buy two sets. Personally I love the long seasons like Sons of Anarchy instead of the split ones because you just end up watching them online (which I'm doing with the walking dead but thats because I don't have Sky anymore hence me being a week ahead)

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:07 am

wow wasnt but at the same time was expecti ng that,
rick musdt feel so gulty cause if you think about it he killed her, by telling her to stay put, but now it sems hercshels stance has changed over whos people or not.
the directers did a good job i keeping viewers hopes but when in all fairness they where dashed from the very first episode.
mothers reaction wassadening especialy by what she said in the last episode ofseason 1, if shed have known what to come she would have stayed in the building that was going to blow.
rick just proved he is the undisputed leader of the group.
watched the promos forpart two of the series
Spoiler:

IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS THE PROMO PLEASE PUT IT IN A SPOILER BOX FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHER WHO DIDNT WATCH OR WANT TO SEE THE PROMO
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 06 Dec 2011, 4:28 pm

Great last episode before the mid season break .Wow

Cant wait for February
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:19 pm

Yeah the ending was great.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameshow Heist Tue 13 Dec 2011, 5:57 pm

One Tree Hill + zombies = Walking Dead.

Gameshow Heist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:13 am

Gameshow Heist wrote:One Tree Hill + zombies = Walking Dead.

Not quite, i cannot watch anything like that or any soaps.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gameshow Heist Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:15 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:
Gameshow Heist wrote:One Tree Hill + zombies = Walking Dead.

Not quite, i cannot watch anything like that or any soaps.
Thats what WD has turned into though. Borin drama. The love triangle is rubbish.

Gameshow Heist

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 08 Jan 2012, 9:36 am

Just read this about Frank Darabonts proposed opener for the second series (before he got fired) - to me it sounds kind of awesome (although I wasnt disappointed by the season so far anyway!)

Its taken from aintitcool news where they are very friendly with Frank himself - this is a letter correspondance between them (link here - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52526 ):

Dear Eric,

Sure, I’ll confirm that storyline. Why not? Big caveat here though:

CraveOnline is much mistaken in saying this was for a “web series.” This was never meant as a web gimmick, this was intended for use in the actual TV series. I wanted to kick off the 2nd season with the flashback episode Sam describes, which would have followed a squad of Army Rangers getting trapped in the city and trying to survive as Atlanta falls. 

The idea was to do this with a very focused “you are there” documentary feel. Not going all shaky-cam, but still making it a bit rawer and grainier than the rest of the show. We’d start with a squad of maybe seven or eight soldiers being dropped into the city by chopper. They have map coordinates they need to get to; they’ve been told to report to a certain place to provide reinforcement. It’s not a special mission, it’s basically a housekeeping measure putting more boots on the ground to reinforce key intersections and installations throughout the city. And we follow this group from the moment the copter sets them down. All they have to do is travel maybe a dozen blocks, a simple journey, but what starts as a no-brainer scenario goes from “the city is being secured” to “holy Poopie, we’ve lost control, the world is ending.” Our squad gets blocked at every turn and are soon just trying to survive. I wanted to do a really tense, character-driven ensemble story as communications break down, supply lines are lost, escape routes are cut off, morale falls apart, leadership unravels, mutinies heat up, etc. (Yes, this approach owes a spiritual debt to a number of great films, including Walter Hill’s Southern Comfort.)

Along the way, I thought we could briefly dovetail this story with a few established characters from the show. Not to overdo that, mind you, because it could get silly and too coincidental if you load too much into that idea. But I thought it would be great to veer off on a quick narrative detour that brushes our soldiers briefly up against some people we know. Picture our squad arriving at a manned barricade where some civilians are being held back from leaving the city on shoot-to-kill orders to stop the spread of contagion, it’s a panicked high-intensity scene, and in this crowd of desperate people we find Andrea and Amy. The barricade gunners panic, the civilians start to get mowed down by machine gun fire, and in this melee the girls get pulled to safety by some old guy they don’t even know. It’s Dale. He’s nobody to them, just some guy who saw the opportunity to do the right thing and reacted in the moment. This would have been perhaps a minute or two of the episode, just a cool detour like the various outposts the soldiers encounter in Saving Private Ryan, but we would have witnessed the moment that Dale meets Andrea and Amy, seen where that relationship began. I also felt it would be a great way to get Emma Bell back into the series for a moment, because she was so wonderful and we were all so sorry that her character died and she had to leave the show. (Of course if this “brush with established characters” idea didn’t work in the script stage, I’d have tossed it out. You try a lot of ideas like that as you go, see how they play. But I thought this one stood a pretty good chance of being engineered to work well.) 

So the story follows these soldiers through hell as the city falls apart and the squad implodes, with Sam’s soldier being the main character and the moral center of the group. He becomes the last survivor of the squad, and he finally gets to the map coordinates they’ve been trying to get to from the start: it’s the barricade at the Atlanta courthouse intersection from the pilot where Rick later finds the tank. The soldier is still alive when he gets there, but he’s been bitten. He’s accomplished his “simple” mission, but he’s gone through seven kinds of hell to do it (including being forced to frag his squad leader), and now he’s dying. And he crawls off into the tank just to get off the street and under cover. As his fever builds and the poor guy starts to hallucinate, he pulls his last grenade and considers ending his life. He sets the grenade down on that shelf for a moment to reflect on all the Poopie and misery that brought him to this sad end-point of his life, and to dredge up the courage to pull the pin...but before he can act, the fever burns him out and he dies. 

The kicker comes in the last moments of this episode:

After the soldier dies this squalid, lonely death...and after a quiet lapse of time...we do a shot-for-shot reprise from the first episode of the first season: Rick comes scrambling into the tank to escape the horde...blows that zombie soldier’s brains out...now Rick’s trapped...fade out...the end.

The notion was to take the “throwaway” tank zombie Rick encountered in the pilot, and tell that soldier’s story. Make him the star of his own movie, follow his journey, but don’t reveal who he is until the end. The idea being that every zombie has a story, every undead extra was once a human being with a life of his/her own...was, in a sense, the star of his own life’s movie. And we’ve followed this one particular guy and seen how his life ended; we witness his struggles, see his good intentions and his failures, and we experience his godawful death in this tank. That’s why I cast Sam as that tank zombie in the first place instead of just casting some extra. I had this story in mind while filming the pilot, and I knew I’d need a superb actor to play that soldier when the time came.

And then starting with Episode 202, we’d be back with Rick’s group and back in step with the flow of the established story from last season.

I always had in mind to throw in a “wild-card” episode every season, maybe as a season opener or closer. Just a separate story more in the feel of an anthology series, one that appears completely off the track of the regular series but actually does wind up tying in somehow by the fade-out. They did that sort of thing on LOST on occasion, and I really respected it. It always seemed like a bold choice that trusted the audience and rewarded their loyalty with a totally unexpected surprise episode every so often.

That’s it from me. I hope things are well on your end.

Best,

Frank

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 08 Jan 2012, 9:44 pm

just found out about this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead:_Torn_Apart

they are on youtube but not available in the UK.

Can anyone provide me with a link - would be interested!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 22 Jan 2012, 2:21 am

Not long now until the season resumes, few weeks.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 15 Feb 2012, 6:11 pm

And we're off, i'll wait until Friday/Saturday to see what y'all think.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 18 Feb 2012, 1:52 pm

I enjoyed last nights episode , wont say to much incase people haven't seen it yet .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 20 Feb 2012, 9:54 am

Yeah great episode to start the second half KK, I've been reading the books and they've taken it in a different direction to the books, for example
Spoiler:

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 Feb 2012, 9:58 am

Hampo - I have spoilerised the last bit of your post as I have a feeling that this is how the second season is going to end!

I am fairly up to date with the comics as well and really hope they do the Prison storyline - that would be really interesting for season 3.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:14 am

Ahh cheers mate, yeah the prison storyline is good.

Spoiler:

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 25 Feb 2012, 9:23 am

Great episode last night - you can really feel the group ready to implode and fall apart.

And as mentioned in Hampos article (http://v2journal.com/the-walking-dead.html) its becking clearer that the biggest threat are no longer the zombies but the humans to each other.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 9:36 am

Yeah I agree Adam, really looking forward where they take this now, wonder if the govener will be introduced.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 26 Feb 2012, 9:02 am

just read that David Morrisey has been cast to star in season 3

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:25 am

Great news Adam. Certainly will be interesting too see where they take the story line now.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:52 am

I have been enjoying this since it's return.

I felt for the kiddie they picked up. Suffering severe blood loss and then when they all get out of the car, they left him in it!!

Earl for me is one of the best Anti-Hero's on the screen I have seen since Snake Plissken. I really hope he has a showdown with Shane. As much as I want Rick and Shane to explode, I feel Earl would generate a better level of intensity and interest for my liking.

It is shaping up beautifully.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:46 pm

Not read the comics , so only upto were we are with the tv series . But really looking forward to David Morrisey coming into it .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 03 Mar 2012, 8:40 am

Anyone catch last nights episode, very interesting too see where the hostility between Rick and Shane will lead.

Spoiler:

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:41 pm

There will be a Walking Dead Video game, though it's highly unlikely to be a FPS.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 05 Mar 2012, 6:13 pm

Thought this episode was excellent.

Some great Zombie action and some really intense plot development between Shane and Rick.

Best episode of the season for me.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:27 am

Series is heating up big time now, watched episode 11 last night was really good, seems i know whats coming now though after reading Hampo's post above.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:43 am

Giant - PM for you OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:27 am

Would've been better had Rick left Shane there. The season's climax would've been immense. Rick going back to the farm and have a slaughter.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 11 Mar 2012, 11:58 am

So what did everyone think of this weeks episode? The ending was a shocker!

I am really liking how they are moving away from the comics - it means that no one is safe, which is good.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 11 Mar 2012, 12:49 pm

I thought this weeks episode was very good , i liked the whole conflict of keeping a normal way of life against accepting that that had gone for ever .
Didn't expect the ending at all though .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 11 Mar 2012, 10:23 pm

just caught and ive got to say im blown away the show has been so good recently!

it has 100% became my Favourite show.

The show has really became Tense between Rick and Shane even more and loving the twists between!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 12 Mar 2012, 12:26 pm

Bet Dale had wished he hadn't had a hissy fit now.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 12 Mar 2012, 12:42 pm

I saw it and I thought the ending was fantastic.

Karl is somewhat piping up and giving a new dimension to the sulky kid.

Again I must have bizarre expectations. I thought why not have Karl kill Randal when they were all going to Dale.

It needs just a little something to build up to a season finale. The group is in a slump for me. When they made it to the farm, yes the characters took on extra dimensions, but it is lacking in something dynamite.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 12 Mar 2012, 12:49 pm

From what i have heard the season finale is brilliant .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 1:33 pm

You have to think they will some how tie in the Govener in to the end of this season, it would make perfect sense with him being cast in season 3.

From what I've heard the next episode if pretty explosive.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 12 Mar 2012, 2:05 pm

A mate of mine ( soon to be ex-mate for spilling the beans ) has told me what happens , im just hoping it lives up to what he said .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 12 Mar 2012, 2:11 pm

Well I know what happens at the end of season (which is one week away in the states).

Havent seen last nights US episode yet but according to the guy who plays Daryl, the last 2 episodes are action packed.

Waiting for Galveston to turn up to pm me!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 12 Mar 2012, 2:14 pm

I have to admit if someone told me the ending I would go all Shane on their asses.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next