The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea to sign Pastore

3 posters

Go down

Chelsea to sign Pastore Empty Chelsea to sign Pastore

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:39 am

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/936949/chelsea-to-sign-two-players,-javier-pastore-close?cc=5739

You'd think this would end their chase for Modric? From what I've seen of Pastore, and obviously read from reports, he's a talented playmaker. Adds some youth in to an aging Chelsea midfield, will probably mean they won't rely as heavily on Lampard to create the chances.

Back to top Go down

Chelsea to sign Pastore Empty Re: Chelsea to sign Pastore

Post by Gregers Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:36 pm

Im really liking the change in direction that VB seems to have brought with him

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:49 pm

Gregers wrote:Im really liking the change in direction that VB seems to have brought with him

Can't seem to see a change in direction as of yet; from what I can see he's just got Drogba and Bertrand to sign new deals. Okay, maybe Drogba was a doubt, but it doesn't seem much different to what any other 'big name' manager could have done. Pastore is a player that has been linked to, and probably scouted by, Chelsea since last season (before VB).

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

If this signing does meen Chelsea no longer looking to sign Modric , were does it leave Sturridge ? who according to todays papers was offered to Spurs as part of Modric bid . VB doesnt seem to want him .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 6:16 pm

KINGKENNY7HEAVEN wrote:If this signing does meen Chelsea no longer looking to sign Modric , were does it leave Sturridge ? who according to todays papers was offered to Spurs as part of Modric bid . VB doesnt seem to want him .

Today is Sunday. I'd take most things said in the papers with a large dose of salt.

I'd think VB recognises that Drogba and Anelka don't have long left in them, and Sturridge has quite a reputation and did well for Bolton last season. He'd be very foolish to sell him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 24 Jul 2011, 6:22 pm

I agree , i cant understand why they are even considering selling him hes one of the best up and coming strikers in the premiership . Just get the feeling with all the speculation about him leaving and with Lukaku supposedly coming in VB isnt sure about Sturridge and imo he needs to play regular football , will they loan him out again ?

Last edited by KINGKENNY7HEAVEN on Sun 24 Jul 2011, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pressed send to early)
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by fantantonio Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:48 am

Javier Pastore is a world class player but he can be very lazy. It works at Palermo because the team is based around him much like Taarabt at QPR but the players at Palermo know what he is capable of. I would be surprised if the Chelsea players would be as understanding.

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down