The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is Kwini?

+17
jockney
pedro
vinyl1
haystongolfer
LadyPutt
4putt
navyblueshorts
Davie
Noshankingtonite
drive4show
Doc
oldshanker
Adam D
MustPuttBetter
McLaren
LondonJonnyO
Maverick
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who is Kwini? - Page 2 Empty Who is Kwini?

Post by Maverick Fri 18 Feb 2011, 4:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Much is said for the articulate articles created by our fellow poster on BBC606.

He has displayed a rather unswerving No answer when asked whether he will move over to this board to continue with his articles for us to follow.

There seems to be some theory going round about why this is, as he seems devout to the BBC606 cause or the BBC in general when there are protestations abouts is poor quality. In one had he states how bad the bbc is but soon takes back with the other with a positive comment. Has an affinity to Martin Laird a former bbc blogger.

Now Another 606v2 poster and I have a theory on why Kwini is reluctant to move, and has made some statements which don't seem to make sense "Wishing to attract a wider audience for example)" I have a few Private messages between myself and the other poster that i'll make available if he agrees but will not out him unless he wants to be known.

Nothing in these messages is disrespectful or harmful to reputation just opinion of why it seems odd...

Thoughts please guys.....

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Who is Kwini? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is Kwini?

Post by McLaren Tue 14 Mar 2017, 1:35 pm

I can't stand the slightly "common" (for lack of a better word) nature of crossfield. But do occasionally watch some of Rick Shiels and Peter Finch's stuff.

They are not really podcasts though.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 14 Mar 2017, 1:52 pm

I'm not quite sure what you mean Mac, surely not denigrating those less well off than you are you Mac? Not very "man of the people" is it?

What I like about Crossfield is that he isn't under any illusion that he's just a Golf Professional, whilst I think Finch and Shiels are under the impression they've got what it takes to be on tour, when it's clear they don't.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 14 Mar 2017, 2:07 pm

Watched a Crossfield review of the Royal course at Vale do Lobo prior to going last year.

I say watched, I lasted less than half a hole.

Use of "a hole" entirely deliberate. Seemingly endless repetition about how one of the 4 ball had "royalled it down the Royal" whilst still on the tee box finished my enthusiasm instantly, followed by his farcical attempts at a drop having skewed his own drive in to the mangoes.

pfft

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 14 Mar 2017, 2:16 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:Watched a Crossfield review of the Royal course at Vale do Lobo prior to going last year.

Use of "a hole" entirely deliberate. Seemingly endless repetition about how one of the 4 ball had "royalled it down the Royal" whilst still on the tee box finished my enthusiasm instantly, followed by his farcical attempts at a drop having skewed his own drive in to the mangoes.

pfft
Did the same myself! Although I watched all 4 hours....
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 14 Mar 2017, 2:39 pm

super_realist wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean Mac, surely not denigrating those less well off than you are you Mac? Not very "man of the people" is it?

Just because I hope for a better or fair existence for all doesn't mean I have to like them all. It might not be his fault but a lack of education and culture really shines through in his videos.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 14 Mar 2017, 2:49 pm

Mac, How can you make that claim? You claim to have an MSc, but you come across as poorly educated and not very well cultured.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 14 Mar 2017, 3:02 pm

Super

I don't know how to answer your question. Are you asking if I am aware that I am not in a position to make that judgement?

If so, then the fact I put forward that opinion in the first place must answer your question.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 14 Mar 2017, 3:06 pm

It's the irony Mac, you claim Crossfield is uneducated and uncultured, yet the same claims could be made against you.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 15 Mar 2017, 9:26 am

MontysMerkin wrote:
Roller_Coaster wrote:Watched a Crossfield review of the Royal course at Vale do Lobo prior to going last year.

pfft
Did the same myself! Although I watched all 4 hours....

Christ. I doff my cap, sir. clap clap clap

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2