The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy League Event 1 - WGC Matchplay

+17
haystongolfer
LadyPutt
lufcinmyveins
Doc
Meisce
oldparwin
JAS
635BMW
ADMIN
asdral225
Redrage
barragan
McLaren
K@S
Maverick
Davie
NedB-H
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fantasy League Event 1 - WGC Matchplay Empty Fantasy League Event 1 - WGC Matchplay

Post by NedB-H Sat 19 Feb 2011, 14:55

Elite Tour winner: Slightfade
Choppers Tour winner: NedB-H

Elite Tour Results

Slightfade 145

Meisce 145
kwiniaskagolfer 120
2puttbirdie 110
Redrage 110
Osvaldo_Ardiles 105
mrgloverboy 100
Nay Bother 85
boyhyde 80
Wilderspool 80
Mjwba38 70
Bentinho 60
Fairway_Metal 60
sirbenson 60
danmanlive 50
LadyPutt 50
raycastleunited 50
rfitzpatrick 50
TheCleaver 50
ashearerno9 40
BlueCoverman 40
Hibbz 40
markyjl 40
pattayapaul 40
venice1 40
lowercasemark 30
haystongolfer 20
Alex 0
Be_The_Ball 0
Golfbug 0
John From London Town 0

Choppers Tour Results

NedB-H 105

ban bam 105
TheModelRickMartel 95
Jdandfries 85
Eyetoldyouso 60
skiddy 50
riktic 50
asdral225 50
JAS 50
Doc 50
WillyGilly 40
EmmDee57 40
Youll-Never-Beat-Kisnorbo 40
Davie 40
635bmw 40
baggiesfan 30
tilton_zulu 30
essexdragon 30
Maverick 30
McLaren 30
king_punjabi 20
goldwolf 20
joelc21 20
oldparwin 20
K@S 10
lufcinmyveins 10
nixonuae 10

Last edited by NedB-H on Mon 07 Mar 2011, 18:42; edited 4 times in total

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Fantasy League Event 1 - WGC Matchplay Empty Re: Fantasy League Event 1 - WGC Matchplay

Post by Davie Sat 19 Feb 2011, 15:29

OK so I get to pick 3 from groups B and C?

Category B: Ian POULTER, Álvaro QUIRÓS, Hunter MAHAN (res: Rickie FOWLER)
Category C: Justin ROSE, Bill HAAS, Ross FISHER (res: Pádraig HARRINGTON)

Hope that's right!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Fantasy League Event 1 - WGC Matchplay Empty Re: Fantasy League Event 1 - WGC Matchplay

Post by Maverick Sat 19 Feb 2011, 15:36

Alas a year on the choppers tour after being so close to playing with the bigger boys after Q school

Ho-hum here we go then my picks to kick 2011:

Cat B:
Hunter Mahan
Zac Johnson
Ian Poulter
Res: Robert Karlsson

Cat C:

Anthony kim
Justin Rose
Jonathon Byrd
Res:Stuart Cink

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Fantasy League Event 1 - WGC Matchplay Empty re:Fantasy League Event 1 - WGC Matchplay

Post by K@S Sat 19 Feb 2011, 15:56

Cat B
Ian Poulter
Francisco Molinari
Adam Scott
res:-Tim Clark

Cat C
KJ Choi
Jonathon Byrd
Camillo Villegas
res:-Ross Fisher

K@S

K@S

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 19 Feb 2011, 16:50

Can I be moved to the elite tour. Otherwise I am not sure I can be bothered with this.

Last edited by Y I Man on Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : swearing)
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat 19 Feb 2011, 17:43

McLaren wrote:Can I be moved to the elite tour. Otherwise I am not sure I can be bothered with this.

Try qualifying for it like everybody else. You cannot just move up because you want to play in the bigger leagues, bit like a nationwide tour guy say to finchem move me up to the main tour as I can't be bothered pkaying with the peasants on nationwide!

Last edited by Y I Man on Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : swearing)

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat 19 Feb 2011, 17:57

maybe mac wants to be able to pick one of the big guns from time to time. without them it's pretty much trying to choose top 10 finishers and if you're lucky the odd top 5.

maybe a compromise would be to allow the choppers to choose 1 player from cat 1, 2 from cat 2 and 3 from cat 3. just an idea - might be a wee bitty more fun for us.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:04

Mav

I just cannot be bothered to pick players who I dont even know about. I am a true tiger fan and do not waste my time watching other players.

Last edited by Y I Man on Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : swearing)
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:09

Lads,

Banter all you like but cut out the swearing.

Thanks,

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:18

I don't see me in the elite list, I won the Masters last year and finished second overall.... so I am defo not a chopper!!!

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:23

Cat B Mahan/Karlsson/Goosen Res Clark
Cat C Harrington/Cink/Fisher Res Rose
Hope it is OK if I join & my picks are OK
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:26

King beer

Jesus Christ man I am not five, and non of what I said was swearing.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:30

McLaren wrote:King beer

Jesus Christ man I am not five, and non of what I said was swearing.

Mac,

For this board it is considered swearing. I never implied you were 5, i asked you to watch the swearing, not really that much of a problem is it?

Thanks again,

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:37

Have it your own way.

wizard swears.

You are a great big dobbies sock.

In all seriousness king beer, please don't bother to tell us of again. I am sure we can work it out.

Thanks (does putting that make it more tolerable?)
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:42

McLaren wrote:Have it your own way.

wizard swears.

You are a great big dobbies sock.

In all seriousness king beer, please don't bother to tell us of again. I am sure we can work it out.

Thanks (does putting that make it more tolerable?)

If you break site rules, i'll happily come back here, edit your posts, and once again ask you to not swear, regardless of what you feel is 'swearing' or not.

If you want to carry on, feel free.

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:44

And we thought the bbc 606 mods were heavy handed!
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:53

Hi all, sorry if you think its heavy handed. The word in question although mild, was banned on the original 606 so was an oversight that I hadn't filtered it already.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:55

McLaren wrote:And we thought the bbc 606 mods were heavy handed!

Heavy handed?

Hardly.

Your post was flagged to me. It was edited by an admin and you were politely asked to watch the swearing. Not really sure what part of that you consider heavy handed but just for reference, text has no tone. Maybe remember that next time you take umbridge with the Admin.

Enjoy your evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sat 19 Feb 2011, 18:57

ban_bam wrote:maybe mac wants to be able to pick one of the big guns from time to time. without them it's pretty much trying to choose top 10 finishers and if you're lucky the odd top 5.

maybe a compromise would be to allow the choppers to choose 1 player from cat 1, 2 from cat 2 and 3 from cat 3. just an idea - might be a wee bitty more fun for us.

how about my suggestion?

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 635BMW Sat 19 Feb 2011, 19:42

ban_bam wrote:
ban_bam wrote:maybe mac wants to be able to pick one of the big guns from time to time. without them it's pretty much trying to choose top 10 finishers and if you're lucky the odd top 5.

how about my suggestion?

I agree with this, Having been an original member of the 'Elite' group and been there for two years, plus missing out by one place in qualy rounds, I can't say I am enthused to carry on without a selection from the main boys.
I do enjoy the game but probably not enough to stay in Choppers all year!!

635BMW

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Sun 20 Feb 2011, 00:25

Mac et al - There will be one or two tournaments throughout the year on a "free pick" basis, where both tours will be picking two from each; from memory the Open was like this last year, and we could look at doing it for one or two more. I'm not keen on changing the current format for most events though - it wouldn't really be fair on those of us who've spent the last two or three years on the Choppers Tour. The whole incentive to progress to the Elite Tour is the opportunity to pick from Cat A again, and anyway the other categories aren't usually that obscure. These are the top-64 players in the world, for a start! Also, don't forget you may not be Chopping all year, there's mid-season promotion/relegation to come, and Battlefield Promotion for anyone who wins 5 Choppers events.

Redrage - sorry about that, I think you and markyjl got chopped off the top of the list when I C+Ped it over, will add you in now!

All - Taniguchi has WD, replaced by Stenson in Cat C.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sun 20 Feb 2011, 10:00

NedB-H wrote: it wouldn't really be fair on those of us who've spent the last two or three years on the Choppers Tour. The whole incentive to progress to the Elite Tour is the opportunity to pick from Cat A again

why wouldn't it be fair? all choppers would be subject to the same change in format. there is still an incentive to progress because you would swap a cat 3 pick for a cat 1 pick if you move up with the big boys. i'm pretty sure most choppers would agree this would generate a little more interest.

free picks for majors is a great idea.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sun 20 Feb 2011, 10:45

Cheers Ned! I'll get selections up tomorrow night.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun 20 Feb 2011, 14:17

Maverick wrote:
McLaren wrote:Can I be moved to the elite tour. Otherwise I am not sure I can be bothered with this.

Try qualifying for it like everybody else. You cannot just move up because you want to play in the bigger leagues, bit like a nationwide tour guy say to finchem move me up to the main tour as I can't be bothered pkaying with the peasants on nationwide!

No it's not it's like playing with the big boys but not being allowed to use your putter or driver....and I didn't think any of you were as insular as Finchem.

However I'll drive and putt with my utility club this year...

Cat B
Poulter
T Clark
Watney
Res Els

Cat C
Kim
Fisher
Cink
Res Harrington

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sun 20 Feb 2011, 19:51

Ned
I spent the first year on the elite tour, and this will now be my 2nd year on the choppers tour.

Totally agree with rules as they are just now, good incentive to win on the choppers tour, and those who got promoted this year, and those who kept their place, all I can say is well done, thumbsup but watch out for me, I will be doing my best, to try and join you all this year :shooter:

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meisce Sun 20 Feb 2011, 22:20

Ned,

Good to see you are putting your own stamp on the format. One piece of advice..keep it as simple as you can!

By the way, towards the end of last year there was not too many choppers. Therefore, you might want to entice some new choppers by going with the one choice for the cat A's. Just my opinion though

Anyway, all the best for the year.

My picks are

Kaymer and Stricker
Ogilvy and Poulter
Cink and Fisher

Meisce

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 20 Feb 2011, 23:49

Before my somewhat unfortunate ban, I did not get the chance to explain that me chancing it was a joke, and in fact a while back I may have muted the idea of the choppers tour to goldie. We choppers need to fight to loose the indignity of our situation. I was a two time winner on the elite tour.

Am I the david howell of the 606 golf league?

Or indeed the tiger woods, as my horrible on course (or in fact on forum) conduct have gotten me into trouble with the authorities.

Last edited by McLaren on Sun 20 Feb 2011, 23:54; edited 1 time in total
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 23:53

McLaren wrote:

Or indeed the tiger woods, as my horrible on course (or in fact on forum) conduct have gotten me into trouble with the authorities.

Its all in the past McLaren m8 thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 21 Feb 2011, 08:08

Cat B
Robert karlsson, Edoardo Molinari, Nick Watney Reserve Francesco Molinari
Cat C
Anthony Kim, Ross Fisher, Charley Hoffman reserve jason Day

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by lufcinmyveins Mon 21 Feb 2011, 09:18

Let's start the season of with a good one shall we;

Cat B
Karlsson
Oosthuizen
Johnson
res Jiminez

Cat C
Villegas
Kim
Laird
res Overton

thumbsup

lufcinmyveins

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Mon 21 Feb 2011, 10:33

My picks this week........

A - Kaymer, Casey, Woods (r)

B - Poulter, Ogilvy, Oosthuizen (r)

C - Rose, Fisher, Cink (r)

Cheers, Ned!

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Mon 21 Feb 2011, 10:45

My winning picks for this week are

Cat B

Ernie Els
Retief Goosen
Ian Poulter

Cat C

Justin Rose
Miguel Jimenez
Luke Donald

Thanks

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon 21 Feb 2011, 11:34

Hi Ned and everyone

As someone who started in the Elite Tour, then got demoted to the Choppers and then last year worked my way back into the Elite (by coming 3rd), I would not like to see any change in the picking rules. I did not feel constrained by not being able to pick Cat A players as none of the rest of the Choppers Tour people could either. We were all competing against each other.

If it aint broke, don't fix it!

(I've also posted this on 606)

By the way, can we please put the :pink: away chaps?
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by haystongolfer Mon 21 Feb 2011, 12:33

Woooo...hooooo back with the big leagues after a 2 year penance in the Choppers......it feels great to be back

Here are this weeks runners and riders

Westwood
Woods
(McDowell)

Poulter
Goosen
(Jiminez)

Kim
Rose
(Villegas)

Cheers Ned

Last edited by haystongolfer on Mon 21 Feb 2011, 12:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error in format)

haystongolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon 21 Feb 2011, 13:16

Like Hayston, I'm delighted to be back in the Elite League Very Happy !

Picks this week:

Cat A: Paul Casey & Graeme McDowell (res Steve Stricker)
Cat B: Ian Poulter & Robert Karlsson (res Francesco Molinari)
Cat C: Bill Haas & Stewart Cink (res Padraig Harrington)

thumbsup
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon 21 Feb 2011, 15:03

Ned - I've just looked at the draw. Can I replace Cink with KJ Choi in Cat C? I've noticed Cink is playing Poulter and that match would remove one of my picks straight away!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 21 Feb 2011, 16:07

Lol I've done the same LadyPutt, I'm leaving mine as is though because it really could go either way that one. Whoever wins though will probably go a long way.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by nixonuae Mon 21 Feb 2011, 16:51

Poulter
Scott
Oosthuizen
Res Quiros

KJ Choi
Ishikawa
Laird
Res Villegas

nixonuae

Back to top Go down

Post by 635BMW Mon 21 Feb 2011, 18:06

poulter
schwartzel
allenby
res Quiros

harrington
fisher
manassero
res Villegas

635BMW

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Mon 21 Feb 2011, 18:31

Right then, given that I now can't work out who's arguing in favour of what, I'm making an executive decision to keep things as they are, for this season at least. BUT - watch out for those free pick events, you never know when one might pop up...

LP - that's fine, all changes before tee-off are ok.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgloverboy Mon 21 Feb 2011, 18:46

Hi Ned. Finally the season begins! Here`s my selections.

A. Kaymer & Casey (McIlroy)
B. Allenby & D. Johnson (Quiros)
C. Cink & Day (Laird)

Cheers, mate. thumbsup

mrgloverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 21 Feb 2011, 19:12

Ok not sure how i managed to qualify for the Elite tour but here goes

Cat A

Casey & McDowell

Res (Striker)

Cat B

Bubba Watson & Poulter

Res (Karlsson)

Cat C

Villegas & KJ Choi

Res (Kim)

Good luck everyone

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 21 Feb 2011, 19:26

NedB-H wrote:Right then, given that I now can't work out who's arguing in favour of what, I'm making an executive decision to keep things as they are, for this season at least.

Good decision! If it ain't broke, don't fix it :friend:

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Meisce Mon 21 Feb 2011, 21:45

Ned,

Sorry but since Cink and Poulter are playing one another I'll bring Bubba in for Poults.

Meisce

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 21 Feb 2011, 22:47

thanks again ned, my picks:

B
Robert KARLSSON
Ian POULTER
Bubba WATSON
[r] Miguel Ángel JIMÉNEZ

C
Peter HANSON
Ryan MOORE
Jason DAY
[r] Pádraig HARRINGTON

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Tue 22 Feb 2011, 21:14

Tim Clark has WD, replaced in the field by JB Holmes

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 22 Feb 2011, 21:24

mahan
Els
Goosen

Kim
harrington
Hanson
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Wed 23 Feb 2011, 00:18

lufcinmyveins wrote:Let's start the season of with a good one shall we;

Cat B
Karlsson
Oosthuizen
Johnson
res Jiminez

Cat C
Villegas
Kim
Laird
res Overton

thumbsup
Which Johnson is this? Assuming it's Dustin unless told otherwise...

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Wed 23 Feb 2011, 00:25

oldparwin wrote:My winning picks for this week are

Cat B

Ernie Els
Retief Goosen
Ian Poulter

Cat C

Justin Rose
Miguel Jimenez
Luke Donald

Thanks
Jimenez is a Cat B, and Donald a Cat A! You'll only be scored on four players unless you pick two more correct Cat Cs...

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by lufcinmyveins Wed 23 Feb 2011, 09:55

NedB-H wrote:
lufcinmyveins wrote:Let's start the season of with a good one shall we;

Cat B
Karlsson
Oosthuizen
Johnson
res Jiminez

Cat C
Villegas
Kim
Laird
res Overton

thumbsup
Which Johnson is this? Assuming it's Dustin unless told otherwise...

Sorry Ned, it is Dustin thumbsup

lufcinmyveins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next