The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wenger - Stars not for sale

Go down

Wenger - Stars not for sale Empty Wenger - Stars not for sale

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 10:06 am

Arsene Wenger has insisted that he would not sell any of his midfield talent that starred against Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League.

After seeing his side defeat what is widely considered to be the best team in the world, it is unsurprising that the Arsenal manager will now be forced to deal with speculation surrounding many of his players.

The 2-1 victory at the Emirates was notable for featuring a number of strong performances from the Arsenal midfield, including long-term Barca target Cesc Fabregas.

The Gunners manager insists that the club will look to keep hold of the Spaniard and will not be forced to sell any player should a big-money bid be launched.

Wenger said: "We need Fabregas. Believe me. He is a special player. He is exceptional and we want to keep them all.

"We go for all the competitions because we have the players to cope. We have the quality and the numbers.

"We are in a position where we can say no for financial reasons. We don't need finances.

"People reproach me, saying 'Why do you not spend stupid money?'. Now they reproach me and say, 'Why do you not sell the player'. That makes me think we have not worked too bad."

More on the story at Sky Sports Click Here

Back to top Go down