The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for York?

2 posters

Go down

Tips for York? Empty Tips for York?

Post by steveo77 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 9:25 am

all a bit muddling this week as MIDDAY looks set to contest the International rather than the Yorkshire Oaks.
She must have a massive chance too with Ryan Moore unable to ride AWAIT THE DAWN. TWICE OVER is puzzling though. I thought his best days were behind him but then he won well at York last time out.

SNOW FAIRY or MISTY FOR ME in the Yorkshire Oaks then and it will be interesting to see whether HOOF IT can keep his big race wins going in the Nunthorpe.

The first Saturday Ebor should see big runs from LOST IN THE MOMENT and FOX HUNT.

I still think it is a shame this meeting goes on into the weekend though.
What am I supposed to do this afternoon now! steam

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Tips for York? Empty Re: Tips for York?

Post by steveo77 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 11:55 am

I have had a more detailed look at the Yorkshire Oaks now.

Misty for Me isnt even running!
This looks a very interesting race with BLUE BUNTING probably starting as favourite but strong competition from BANIMPIRE, SNOW FAIRY and WONDER OF WONDERS.

the top fillies races this seaon have consistently thrown up shocks though this season so this is very much a non betting race.

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Tue 16 Aug 2011, 7:20 pm

Some claasy stuff over the four days but equally some run of mill stuff that i wouldnt touch with bad money,particularly the sprints,you bet in 5 and 6f events at York and you get what you deserve,they should come with a health warning.The Juddmonte has cut up and to me its slightly disappointing.If Await The Dawn cant do this lot then he will never win a Group 1,Midday is top class but only against the girls,Twice Over isnt the same horse as he was this time last year,Roderic O Connor is hit and miss but more miss than hit and the other two just make up the numbers.No value at 4/6 but he can take this en route to bigger Autumn pots.
The Voltiguer looks competitive on paper but i just cant help feeling that Stoute knows exactly how good most of these are through other horses he has run against them and for that reason i side with Sea Moon,hyped as a Derby possible earlier in the year he can take this en route to a possible Leger tilt ,although to my mind at least,Fiorente remains the stables number one contender.
Wouldnt touch the rest of day one card with a bargepole.Watching brief only and maybe a few guinness Very Happy

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down