The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Manager 2012

+34
6oldenbhoy
Scott is Back
Hero
Good Golly I'm Olly
as1079
The_Enigma
Beer
XR
Uryu Ishida
Gregers
BCFCCOOPS
Crimey
Mat
hampo17
Andthen1
Soldier_Of_Fortune
DerekRiordinho
ShankyCricket
baboo800
edgehead79
CFCNick
cherriesfna
Fists of Fury
Fernando
robbo277
ADMIN
Nay
Celtic Warrior
Marky
AberdeenSteve
compelling and rich
hodge
Dass
sodhat
38 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Football Manager 2012 - Page 5 Empty Football Manager 2012

Post by sodhat Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Just a note (pinched directly from Wikipedia regarding the 2012 installment of FM. I am desperate to get a hold of this and start playing, I missed 2011 out but I fully intend to get back on this social life-sapping horse.

The next in the series of the Football Manager simulation game is set to be the 19th game released and is reported to include 800+ improvements. The new changes (of which only a few have been announced so far) include an improved 3D Match Engine, a new manager team talk system called "Tone" which will enhance your personality in the game and a different way to select the nations involved in your player database which now means that you can add or remove nations as you play.

The final version though, is yet to be finished as it will need the Summer Transfers within the game and some parts just need "finishing off".

More information from press releases is expected to come out in Autumn 2011 and the game is to come out before Christmas, but if the development stays on course it will be released (like previous versions in the series) in late October to early November 2011. A handheld version is also widely expected, but hasn't been officially announced as yet.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Football Manager 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Football Manager 2012

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:31 pm

My Sheffield Wednesday Team:

Nicky Weaver

Eric Lichaj
Joes Semedo/Miles Addison
Andrew Davies (C)
Brendan Moloney

Mark Davies
Lewis McGugan
Danny Guthrie

Stephen Dobbie

Chris Martin
Lateef Elford-Alliyu

Currently second in League 1 with a game in hand on the leaders Sheffield United!

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 9:34 am

Finally got my season started with Barnsley last night, brought in Silvio Spann and another play on free transfers, Spann doesn't set the world on fire but gets 6.9/7 ratings every game.

Since the media where suggesting we where going to finish in the relegation zones I decided to go for broke from the off and play fast attacking football and it's worked. Currently 2nd after 9 games, lost two so far both 4-1 but apart from those games I'm out scoring everyone.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 3:39 pm

my west ham side has compleyely changed this is my side now going into 2017 season:

--------------------------De Gea---------------

---Walker-----Ramos----------Pique------Ilunga---

----Oxlaide chamberlain--De Rossi--Gourcuff---Collison--

-------------------------------Iaquinta----Cassano-----

im currently 5th in PL.....am in europa league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 25 Feb 2012, 4:17 pm

I love how out of place Ilunga and Collison are in that side.

Aren't De Rossi and Cassano horribly old by 2017?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 5:02 pm

yh but they are in a west ham side lol, so they still decent for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:46 am

how the hell did you get pique and ramos for west ham!! played through quite a few games and not once have they left or i been able to pry them away from real/barca. i had teams like utd when i was winning the league every season!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:51 am

im coming up to the end of my fifth season with athletico madrid still, very tight again. real are two points behind barca 3 with 3 games to go got barca at home second to last game. really hate the way spanish league puts head to head record above goal difference. got the best goal difference but if i end tied both teams will finish above me because of better head to head record (depending on barca result at home but doubt it as they beat me 5-1 away). got knocked out of semi final of champions league by real on away goals, but in the spanish cup final again.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:00 am

compelling and rich wrote:how the hell did you get pique and ramos for west ham!! played through quite a few games and not once have they left or i been able to pry them away from real/barca. i had teams like utd when i was winning the league every season!

cos i got into champs league, the season before, had a lot of cash and managed to get them Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Feb 2012, 3:37 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
UPDATE

3rd Season

The mighty Wigan ended up finishing 3rd! It was really tight barring Man U running away with the league. I had Man U @ home second to last game and with the other contenders with easy games. I needed to win to stay in contention. Not only did I win but I won 6-0!! and with results goin my way it meant I had qualified with a game to spare.

The main man for me this season was Mbaye Niang! Scoring an impressive 23 goals (I think!) in the league. His form was so good he knocked the impressive Torres to the bench for most of the season, but to the lack of first team football. Torres was the put back into AMC and Fleck was moved out to the left.

My defense wasn't as good as I though it would be and I did shift 40 odd goals in the league this season but I was the top goal scorers with and impressive 87 (I will have to check this again also)

Vladmir Weiss was also impressive and came runner up in signing of the season, contributing with alot of assists and 10 goals in the league.

I had purchased 3 regens players couple of seasons back who couldnt join until they were 18 and they have all joined and already have impressive stats and potential! I will have to upload screen shots of them.

4 Season

Due to my spending ove the first 3 seasons I didnt want to spend that much. I got handed £18mill with the intention of usuing wisely, but when I spotted this impressive Argentian regen who had the stats to be world class at just 18, I had to splash out and spent £12mill on him (£5mill upfront and £7mill over 24months) I also but I another regen as cover for Romario and Robinson who is also impressive. I did try and get Tevez (on a free!!) but he wanted stupid wages of £180k per week and also a £10mill loyality bonus, and his agent wanted £9mill!! After walking away from the deal, he ended up at Boca Juniors and he was only on £18.5K per week furious

I had losts of interest in my players this window and done well to keep them all and keep them happy at the same time. Samba signed a new contract but is now on £90k per week which automatically made Papastathopoulos on that wage due to a clause in his contract (which I must have over looked!). With them both on a combined £180k per week! My total monthly wage bill is still only just over 500k per month which is still low.

Wigan's first champions league ever contains Inter, Valencia and Ajax Doh Think I will struggle to get Europa League in that one.

First game I was beaten 2-0 away to Sunderland but I am 4th after about 6 games.

First game in Champions Leage against Inter ended in a 3-0 victory at the DW Stadium! Maybe it wont be as hard as I first thought and my team might have a fighting chance? I typing this from work so I can provide any screenshots etc but I will do once am at home, if your interested Laugh

UPDATE

Am still in my 4th season with Wigan due not having enough time to play on it! I have been putting an hour here and there and after 30 gamesin the league I am top by one point with City in second and Man U 3rd 3 points behind.

I surprisingly managed to win my Champions league group with 5 victories and my only defeat being to Inter away.

After a shaky start I was cruising winning most of my matches until December when Erik Torres, Chris Samba and my Argentinian wonderkid regen all got long term injuries. My 12 point lead has since dwindled to 1. Although I suffered a few injuries I managed to reach the league cup final where I was defeated 1-0 by Arsenal, even though I had around 25 shots to there 10. I was gutted cos that woiuld have been my first throphy as Wigan manager.

In the first round knockout stage against PSG, I won 3-0 at the DW and was confident or procgressing, but in the return leg my 3-0 lead was gone in the first 45mins and the tie was now level. Having not managed a single shot on goal in the first half with my attacking tactics, I changed to a defensive counter attacking style, which paid off when I struck a last minute winner via Victor Moses (that shows you how injury hit my squad is!). Wigan progressed! after checking the match stats I was very lucky as they had 30 shots to my 2 Laugh

I am also in the FA Cup semi final against Hull, with Newcastle and City contesting the other semi. And with Inter, Barce and Real all still in the in the Champs league with 'easy' draws and my poor form in the league as of late, the FA Cup looks like my only realistic chance of silverware this season. But with CSKA Moscow in the quarter final, hopefully I can get in to the semi's and increase Wigans rep and hopefully attract the top names in europe (fingers crossed).

But with a little miracle , I might come back and update you all with Wigan's mighty treble!!! But I doubt it haha.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 01 Mar 2012, 7:37 am

Had to start a new game after my old laptop died.

Decided to try and get Liverpool back to the best team in Europe, played 5 games so far, 4 in the league and a league cup game. Started by beating QPR 5-0 on the opening day, then had two had fought 3-2 wins over Blackburn and Fulham and a draw against Newcastle, also beat Brighton 4-0 in the league cup and drew United in the next round.

Despite only having a budget of £2 million the board where very accommodating, letting me sign Xherdan Shaqiri and Liedson.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2012, 5:01 pm

finished 4th in PL with west ham, at end of 2017 season, therefore qualifying for champs.league Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Thu 01 Mar 2012, 7:58 pm

doing this challenge and all my guys are under 25

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/challenges-scenarios/91180-football-manager-base-money-bags-challenges.html

my team:

GK: Trapp
DL: Clark
DR:Onuoha
DC: Wilson / Taylor

ML:Olsson
MR: Aigner
MC:Cleverly / Bannan

ST: Sturridge / Blackman

Subs:

GK: Amos
DR: Flanagan
MR: Deulofeu
ST: Rodriguez
DR/DC: Blake

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 14 Mar 2012, 1:59 pm

Finished my first season with Liverpool last night, came second by 6 points and the board weren't happy! Managed to plead for more time, gave me a big budget in the summer so I signed Hamsik, Cavanni and Rossi. Sold Suarez to Spurs for £20million.

Strangely enough my top goal scorer in the first season was Charlie Adam Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 2:03 pm

u only got £20million for suarez, and adam was your top scorer Erm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 14 Mar 2012, 5:28 pm

Update on Sunderland

Retained the league in Season 4 and won the FA Cup as well. Board was pretty happy as was I.

One big money signing at £26 million for Federico Fazio. Essential purchase for me as I needed a decent centre back. Also brought in a ton of youngsters (regens), Timothee Kolo as cover at left back and Todorov for free as cover on the right/left wings. Best signing was Hoffmann, a regen Austrian who is probably the best left winger on the game. Squad looks like this now:

GK: Gordon (c)
LB: M-Bengue
CB: Fazio
CB: Chygrynskyi
RB: Sytnik/Rafinha
CDM: Gosling
CDM: Mikel
LM: Hoffmann/Albin
RM: Ballotelli/De Zeeuw
CAM: Buonanotte
CF: Arrieta/Fleck

---

I left Ghana for Switzerland as well and have qualified for the 2014 World Cup.

---

Am now in January 2014, comfortably top of the league. Semis of League cup and 1st Knockout Round of Champions League.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 14 Mar 2012, 5:57 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:u only got £20million for suarez, and adam was your top scorer Erm

Yeah, Suarez had an awful season and his value plummeted to £10 million so was happy to get £20m for him.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 6:13 pm

i have completeted my 6th season on the game, and i finished midtable in the prem league with westham, my side had massive dip in form toward then end of the season..

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 14 Mar 2012, 7:02 pm

i have given up on psg file where i was at athletico madrid. my 6th season and i won the treble and went the whole season undefeated in the league. wasnt much else i could do so started a league with fc united should be abit tougher (plus i wanted to check out the new update)

not a bad six seasons in that file though, i ended up with six league titles (psg and a.madrid) 3 domestic cups, 2 uefa cups, 1 champions league and the copa amercia with brazil

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 8:40 am

Didn't realise the new update was out. Think I'm going to wait now, my new laptop should be here in a week or two and the one I'm using now is so slow, it's like the old Acorn computers I had at school Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 19 Mar 2012, 11:10 am

Anyone interested in playing a fantasy management game based on this site, come and take a look here: https://www.606v2.com/f139-606v2-euro-division

There are two teams open, and the game involves buying/selling, short tactics submitted each week, and voting on other games.

It doesn't take up much of your time (unless you want it to!) and it's great fun to give a go.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:23 am

I just can't get into footy manager at all this year. Need get into a interesting game I wanna start as a BSP team and try and work my way up but it seems I been almost every team since ive been playing it from 05/06

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:35 am

I couldn't wait for a new laptop, started a new game with the update on Sunday morning, I can finally play as Liverpool and select an achievable season ambition. Brought in a few new players, Ganso, Kieta and an Italian right midfielder. Best win so far is 5-1 against Manchester City, currently top of the league with a game in hand although have just lost 3-1 to stoke!

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 12 Apr 2012, 9:15 am

I've gotten back into this now, and I left my West Ham side for Liverpool in 2015, and won the league and cup (shockingly too) in my first season.

Second season things have maybe evened out a little, currently 3rd, 6pts off top with 6 games left. I won the League Cup and should have won the FA Cup but I blew that. Got Real in the Champions League which is near insurmountable!

I spent a lot of money to get back to the top though, I brought in Dzagoev, Abel Hernandez, Benedict Howedes, Andre Schurrle, Mario Balotelli and many more.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:26 am

Started one with Wrexham, since the update and the real life take over at the club you get £100k to spend at the start of the season, brought in Wayne Cummings from Bournemouth for experience and then spent the rest on youngsters, Boden probably my best signing from Oldham, 21 year old striker with great pace.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 27 Apr 2012, 8:34 am

Me and a friend set each other a challenge, start a game with your favourite club (both of ours being Liverpool) set it to no transfer budget in the first window so you can't sign anyone. You have to then try and build youngsters in to the team, at least two.

I'm currently sat in 6th place, have set Gerrard and Kuyt to tutor Suso and Sterling respectively and giving them both games in the first team, Sterling is a regular and having a great season! Well worth a go if you want to try something slightly different.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 08 May 2012, 2:35 pm

Finished my first two seasons at the weekend. Finished 7th season one, winning the league cup. Over the summer made some wholesale changes after the board gave me a very generous transfer budget, so brought in Demba Ba, Barrios, Thiago, and a french youngster.

Second season started really well, Demba Ba scored 15 goals in his first 11 games but then broke his leg and the goals dried up. Was a struggle from then on really, Suarez didn't get any form and my squad was plagued with injuries all season. Managed to finsih 7th again and with the Europa League as well.

Only signing for the third season was Brian Ruiz from Fulham to bring balance to my midfield, so far I've beaten Spurs, Drawn with United and beaten Fulham 6-1 in the league, but lost to Barca 2-1 in the super cup.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Tue 08 May 2012, 4:17 pm

This game should come with a 'ridiculously addictive' warning. I've been trying my very best to avoid it until I get my uni exams out of the way but every time I see that bloody logo on my Desktop, a little part of me dies.

Just 10 days to go!

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 4:21 pm

im now into season 2019

this is my west ham side:

------------------Lloris-------------

-P.Jones---Pique----Tomkins---Clichy---

--Sears-----Noble-----A.Song------Collison-----

---------------------Bojan---------Baldock---------------

currently 2nd in Prem

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 08 May 2012, 7:00 pm

I started with PSG as I had never done a French League before.

My main transfers were bringing in Anelka, Afellay, Joe Ledley and then Welbeck and Sturridge on loan. I managed to win the league on the final day of the season after bringing back from 4 points away from Marseilles. I got knocked out of the Euro Cup in the quarter finals by a very good Chelsea side who won the Premier League and Euro Cup in the end, got knocked out of the domestic cups early, which I hoped to improve on second time around. I scored lots of goals and conceded hardly any, so had a very good goal difference, like +69 or something like that.

Start of the second year I brought in Cassano, Dempsey, Riise (Fulham were relegated), Sturridge on loan again and I signed Danny Welbeck on a permanent deal. I also got Van Bommel and Nesta on free transfers. I sold Joe Ledley because my formation didn't accommodate him. I also had to quickly bring in Manuel Almunia as a back up keeper after my back up complained about lack of first team action.

I had a few poor results at the start of the year, but things are turning around now with five wins in a row. Cassano hasn't done very well, Dempsey started poorly but has really picked up. I've been scoring lots of goals, but my defence isn't as strong this year, mainly because my excellent back four from last year hasn't been as consistent, Tiene (my left back) got sent off twice in two games, Sakho got injured and when he came back Lugano got injured which meant Nesta has been covering, he's been doing alright, but he's not quite as good as my usual two centre backs.

I basically have enough squad to make two decent sides:

-------------Sirigu
Jallet----Lugano---Sakho----Tiene

----------------Matuidi----------------

Menez-------Pastore-------Nene

--------Gameiro-------Anelka

---------------Almunia

Montanya--Bisavec---Nesta----Riise

----------------Sissoko------------------

Dempsey------Afellay------Bahbeck

-----------Welbeck-----Cassano

And then I also have some decent players in back up like Armand, Ferreira, Sturridge, Carroll (yes Andy Carroll on loan), Van Bommel, Renato, among others.

The board does set ridiculously high aims, I need to win the league, win the cup, get to semi-finals of Champions Cup. If I can win the league and a decent run in Europe and the cup I'll be happy though and it should be enough to keep my job. After the first year, seven of the team of the year were my players so hopefully I can be successful as that this year.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 08 May 2012, 7:46 pm

Uni exam tomorrow but brain is mashed

Started again and my Bristol City team in my 2nd season

...................................Westwood
R.Taylor.......Chambers................Fonatine.....Foster
Adomah.......Lawrence..................Skuse.......Eagles
......................Pitman.....................Stead

Subs:
Gerken
Ribeiro
Dobbie
Guti
McGugan

Eagles, Taylor, Westwood on loan

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 08 May 2012, 10:35 pm

My Norwich team at the end of my 3rd season in the Prem

[center ]Ruddy
Clyne - Caulker - Wilson - Taylor
Allen
Oxo Cube ------------------- Johnson
Eriksen
Rhodes --- Rodriguez [/center]

Oxo Cube and Caulker on loan. Managed to get Eriksen for 5 million Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 09 May 2012, 12:43 pm

hodge wrote:Uni exam tomorrow but brain is mashed

Started again and my Bristol City team in my 2nd season

...................................Westwood
R.Taylor.......Chambers................Fonatine.....Foster
Adomah.......Lawrence..................Skuse.......Eagles
......................Pitman.....................Stead

Subs:
Gerken
Ribeiro
Dobbie
Guti
McGugan

Eagles, Taylor, Westwood on loan

Pitman = legend
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 10 May 2012, 9:11 am

I've been playing as Liverpool after an initial 4 years at West Ham and it's now 2020 and I don't know whether to play on or start a new game!

We've had great success in four years with 3 titles, 3 FA cups, a league cup and the champions league. After winning the CL at last the season before it kind of feels like I've nothing left to do! And most of the players are not real any more...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 10 May 2012, 10:23 am

Just entered November in my game, unbeaten in the league currently top by two points, unbeaten in Europe and one point will see me through to the knock out stages. Bryan Ruiz has been a fantastic signing, constantly changes games and has bagged 14 assists already.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 10 May 2012, 10:40 am

My best signing was Andre Schurrle, also an assist machine and gets goals from the left wing too, while being able to play up front as well. Cost a fair bit, but one of the lynchpins of my success.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 10 May 2012, 7:02 pm

Jay Rodriguez has scored 20 goals in 23 Prem games so far this season for me!!! Shame my next top scorer is Jordan Rhodes on 4 goals Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 10 May 2012, 8:10 pm

why is it ive stopped playing this game now that my exam has passed and no more revision to do....

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 10 May 2012, 8:49 pm

My best signing with this PSG side has probably been Danny Welbeck surprisingly, got me a load of goals despite not playing consistently.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 12 May 2012, 8:31 am

Played a few more months yesterday, despite still being unbeaten in Europe, I had a very tough period in the league. Lost 4 straight games, 4-1 to Spurs after having three players sent off in the first half, that really annoyed me as I haven't had any players sent off all season until then. 1-0 to Arsenal and United and 2-1 to Chelsea.

Dropped down to third but have climbed back to second and only two points off first place. I can't recomend signing Thiago from Barcelona highly enough, will probably cost around £20 million but his sell on value will be a lot higher.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 15 May 2012, 12:51 am

Got sacked by Bristol City for being in 11th place after the board had only given me options of promotion at the start of the season. So applied and rejected for a few jobs so dropped down 2 divisions to the now league 2 Yeovil Town who were about 13th when I took over in late November, its now march in the game I think and i'm sitting 3rd about 7 points off first when I took over i was 10 points behind.

Signing Kevin Phillips on a free for about £1.2k per week has been good for me, since Jan he has netted 6 or 7 times and a couple of assists so should be pushing for automatic promotion.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 15 May 2012, 6:36 pm

Update on my Sunderland story on fm09

We are now the 3rd biggest team in the World! Won the Prem 4 years in a row, CL twice in a row and plenty of FA Cups/Carling Cups as well. Furthermore I left Switzerland and went to Croatia. Qualified with a 100% record for the Euros and led them to 4th in the FIFA rankings. Looking at winning the Euros hopefully and then moving to USA or Mexico and trying to make them a huge force to be reckoned with.

Current Sunderland side:

GK - Gordon (c)
LB - M'Bengue
CB - Fazio
CB - Ogren (Wonderkid Swede, probably the best CB in the World)
RB - Sytnik (Gone from Wonderkid to World Class RB)
DCM - Mikel
DCM - Kacar
LM - Hoffman (Wonderkid left winger)
RM - Gosling
CAM - Buonanotte
CF - Ballotelli

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 15 May 2012, 8:26 pm

what season is that in Gregers! very impressive!

I'm now about to have my play off final Vs Dagenham & Redbrige and I go into it without my 20 goal scorer of this season. Shocked

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 15 May 2012, 9:15 pm

WON!!! Very Happy got called to have tea just after I left that message so had to wait to do my play off final.

1-1 at the end of normal time and Kevin Phillips popped up after 114 minutes to grab the winner. 10 goals in 24 appearances since signing in January.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 15 May 2012, 9:19 pm

Think I'm going to have a crack with a lower league team, might try Huddersfield.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 15 May 2012, 9:21 pm

Into the 2015-2016 season now Hodge, and cheers. Forgot to mention that we've done the Quad (Prem, CL, FA, Carling) 2 seasons in a row as well.

Full list of achievements:

Season 1 - Predicted relegation, finished 14th
Season 2 - Predicted 15th, finished 5th
- Led Ghana to Semi Finals of World Cup
Season 3 - Predicted 9th, finished 3rd
Season 4 - Predicted 7th, Won the league and the Europa League
- Won ACON with Ghana
Season 5 - Predicted 5th, Won the League and FA Cup (+Super Cup/Charity Shield)
- Qualified for World Cup with Switzerland
Season 6 - Predicted 3rd, Won the Quad! (+Charity Shield)
- Took Switzerland to last 16 in World Cup
Season 7 - Predicted 3rd, Won the Quad! (+Charity Shield/Super Cup/Club World Championship), went whole season unbeaten in the league
Season 8 - Predicted 3rd, currently 1st in mid November. Still in Carling Cup, Qualified from group in CL with 2 matches to spare, Won Charity Shield and Super Cup
- Qualified for Euros with Croatia, won 8 from 8

Hope that explains it well Very Happy

----

Other members of 1st team squad:
GK:
Santamaria (Back up, happy to be)

Defenders:
Zaytsev (Wonderkid L/CB)
Tait (Wonderkid L/CB)
Chygrynskiy (Second choice CB, true leader)
Eduardo (Wonderkid L/RB)
Muller (Wonderkid CB)

Midfielders:
Zhizhong (Decent DCM, Chinese so brings in a lot of interest from Asian fans)
Massa (Young Swiss superstar, 23, able to play at DCM, LM and RM)
Sanders (Young English Right Winger)
Todorov (Brilliant attacking midfielder, able to play on the left and right as well as great at CAM when Buonanotte is injured)
Albin (Great left wing back up)

Strikers:
Arrieta (Back up to Ballottelli, pretty decent)
Fleck (Not as good as he should be but has been at the club long enough for home grown)
Bruns (German wonderkid)

---

Reserves made up of young players who aren't ready for the first team, loads of youngsters out on loan.

---

Well this is a longer post than I expected.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 15 May 2012, 9:34 pm

hampo171 wrote:Think I'm going to have a crack with a lower league team, might try Huddersfield.

Huddersfield are good because of Rhodes. You gotta hang onto him, he scores hatfuls usually!

I always start as Rochdale when I am a lower league team because I have a weird affection for them Headscratch

It's nice cos it always used to be Norwich Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 15 May 2012, 9:51 pm

Anymore thoughts Hodge, as you can see I've tried to bring in wonderkids. All my scouts have a min of 17 judging player and judging potential

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 15 May 2012, 10:08 pm

its an impressive squad, tbh doesn't look like theres much more you can do than watch your youngsters develop while adding other quality you presumably get from your league position. I'm just trying to get free transfers and 1 or 2 loanees for my Yeovil team in League 1 as the board didn't give me money for transfers.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 15 May 2012, 10:16 pm

I'm on a 6 match winning run with Norwich which has catapulted me into 9th in the league! Europe here we come!

Btw Rodriguez is quality he has scored 15 goals this season already and its only January!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 15 May 2012, 10:27 pm

Started my Huddersfield game before bed, budget set at £200k. Bought Jody Morris to add some experience to the midfield, and signed the Dundee keeper for 95k.

First game I lost 3-2 away at Sheffield UTD, won my next game 4-2 away to Burton in the league cup. Not sure my current tactics will work with this team as they are set for my Liverpool side however I'm going to persist with it and see what happens once the players get used to it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next