BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by dondelero on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:43 pm

SAF has decided to speak to the BBC but he probably should've left them to rot. They along with most sections of the media are so biased against Utd, they don't deserve to hear from the great man. The media do not like him in general because he puts them in their place and is not a media darling like many of the other managers. Many journalists have a dislike for SAF so once the BBC get going with their anti-Utd nonsense hopefully SAF will pull the plug again.

dondelero

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Guest on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:29 pm

I disagree. He's a known bully when it comes to the media and if he hears something he doesn't like he flies off the handle at the first opportunity.

I doubt even football fans as a whole are even bothered whether he participates in interviews on match of the day anyway?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by super_realist on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:44 pm

Post match interviews in Football are probably the least informative or insightful things you could waste a few minutes on anyway, so I don't think it matters whether Ferguson is present or not. They are all so contrived with predictable, safe, media trained answers. You might as well interview a tub of lard. In fact, that would be a lot more interesting than listening to the likes of Terry and Gerrard. Two of the most inarticulate and boring people you could put in front of a camera.
The BBC should perhaps be praised for actually mentioning something to Ferguson for which he wasn't prepared, expecting or happy to answer. good for them. Managers and players should be able to be spontaneous to answer anything that is asked. It's only going to be questions about football, so no need to behave like they've just told you they've killed your dog.

super_realist

Posts : 23993
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Guest on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:46 pm

As said, I don't think it makes much of a difference, there's only a handful of people who can make a post mach interview interesting and they ain't in the Premier League

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Beer on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:49 pm

You realise that every time he doesn't speak to the BBC the FA fines Man Utd?

Beer

Posts : 14414
Join date : 2011-06-21
Age : 34
Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by FIFA Diva on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:54 pm

Ferguson should never talk to the BBC dogs, he is the best manager of all time and does not need to talk to them.

Ferguson is a great and respectable man and the BBC should respect him and not make lies about his son.

Everyone wants to hear what SAF has to say.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Posts : 21453
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 23
Location : England

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Davie on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:57 pm

I'd turn it around and say the BBC should leave SAF to rot

Davie

Posts : 7706
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Berkshire

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by ReallyReal on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:01 pm

The BBC should have enforced the rules making Utd pay around £100K every time Fergie refused to do interviews.
Whoever was originally at fault doesn't matter, Fergie acted like a toddler (again) and showed nothing but disrespect (again) to anyone who doesn't agree 100% with him.

All that said, post match interviews are rarely anything over than soundbites and biased BS, but the rules are in place for ALL managers to follow and so far we've seen just one (Fergie) break these rules.

ReallyReal

Posts : 376
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Guest on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:09 pm

Here's what we've been missing:

Motson asks Ferguson if he would punish Keane who had just been sent off for the third time in 14 games. Ferguson says: "You've no right to ask that question John - you're out of order... you know fine well my ruling on that. Right, that's the interview finished... I'm going to cancel that interview, the whole f***ing lot of it. Cancel it, right? F***ing make sure that does not go out, John."

Motson explains that he was told to ask the question but an angry Ferguson responded: "You're not getting in again, right - you know the f***ing rules here."


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by dondelero on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:10 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Ferguson should never talk to the BBC dogs, he is the best manager of all time and does not need to talk to them.

Ferguson is a great and respectable man and the BBC should respect him and not make lies about his son.

Everyone wants to hear what SAF has to say.

Very true they all want to hear from the great man. Last season after the Liverpool defeat Utd had taken the decision before the game to ignore the press. However the fact that SAF said nothing was more news worthy than what some managers actually said.

Journalists despise SAF because he doesn't really give them a story, he deals with them appropriately and wise to all their stupid questions.

King Beer - Whatever fine Utd may have got from the BBC was obviously sustainable.

dondelero

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by liverbnz on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:19 pm

"They along with most sections of the media are so biased against Utd"

This is probably the most deluded statement I have ever, eeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr read on the internet. Ever.

liverbnz

Posts : 2958
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 36
Location : Newcastle, County Down

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by dyrewolfe on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:31 pm

FreekShow wrote:Here's what we've been missing:

Motson asks Ferguson if he would punish Keane who had just been sent off for the third time in 14 games. Ferguson says: "You've no right to ask that question John - you're out of order... you know fine well my ruling on that. Right, that's the interview finished... I'm going to cancel that interview, the whole f***ing lot of it. Cancel it, right? F***ing make sure that does not go out, John."

Motson explains that he was told to ask the question but an angry Ferguson responded: "You're not getting in again, right - you know the f***ing rules here."



Not to mention the more recent time he threw a paddy and tried to have a journo thrown out of a press conference foer daring to ask the "wrong kind of question".

The guy's a rude, petulant, ungracious bully and I for one have certainly not missed his big red nose filling my screen.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Posts : 6464
Join date : 2011-03-13
Location : Restaurant at the end of the Universe

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by dondelero on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:37 pm

liverbnz wrote:"They along with most sections of the media are so biased against Utd"

This is probably the most deluded statement I have ever, eeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr read on the internet. Ever.

Really? It maybe that you have not been interested in football for very long then.

dondelero

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Josiah Maiestas on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:38 pm

If Fergie is allowed to shun the BBC, then the BBC shouldn't broadcast their games on MOTD. Everyone else has to deal with the BBC except him, is that fair? He acts like a mafioso boss.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30
Location : Towel Island

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Davie on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:40 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:He acts like a mafioso boss.

He's not the mafioso he's a very naughty boy

Davie

Posts : 7706
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 59
Location : Berkshire

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Comfort on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:42 pm

Personally, I'd like to see the BBC interview a hardcore fan of each team straight after the game who's then allowed to say whatever the hell they want about the game.

As someone else mentioned, the interviews have become so dull, uninformative and devoid of any meaning as the managers have to be certain they cant be fined for anything.

Comfort

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Cardiff

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by dondelero on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:46 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:If Fergie is allowed to shun the BBC, then the BBC shouldn't broadcast their games on MOTD. Everyone else has to deal with the BBC except him, is that fair? He acts like a mafioso boss.

You will find that if the BBC did that they would be "cutting their nose of to spite their face"!

UNITED, HATED, ADORED, NEVER IGNORED!

dondelero

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Smirnoffpriest on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 5:29 pm

Davie wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:He acts like a mafioso boss.

He's not the mafioso he's a very naughty boy

classic Laugh

Smirnoffpriest

Posts : 5321
Join date : 2011-06-03
Age : 36
Location : Cardiff (born in Llanelli)

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by dublfcynwa on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 5:54 pm

Bacon face will talk to whoever he is told to talk to.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Posts : 546
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Dublin.

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 6:05 pm

dondelero wrote:
liverbnz wrote:"They along with most sections of the media are so biased against Utd"

This is probably the most deluded statement I have ever, eeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr read on the internet. Ever.

Really? It maybe that you have not been interested in football for very long then.

Whats funny is that you dont even know the reason why he doesnt talk to the BBC Laugh

Because of bias laughing Do your research

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4418
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by dondelero on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 6:24 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
dondelero wrote:
liverbnz wrote:"They along with most sections of the media are so biased against Utd"

This is probably the most deluded statement I have ever, eeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr read on the internet. Ever.

Really? It maybe that you have not been interested in football for very long then.

Whats funny is that you dont even know the reason why he doesnt talk to the BBC Laugh

Because of bias laughing Do your research

Not quite. It was bias against Utd why the programme that started all of this was even made.

dondelero

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by User Name on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 7:20 pm

ReallyReal wrote:The BBC should have enforced the rules making Utd pay around £100K every time Fergie refused to do interviews.

And why would the BBC get the right to fine Utd?

User Name

Posts : 747
Join date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:01 pm

dondelero wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
dondelero wrote:
liverbnz wrote:"They along with most sections of the media are so biased against Utd"

This is probably the most deluded statement I have ever, eeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr read on the internet. Ever.

Really? It maybe that you have not been interested in football for very long then.

Whats funny is that you dont even know the reason why he doesnt talk to the BBC Laugh

Because of bias laughing Do your research

Not quite. It was bias against Utd why the programme that started all of this was even made.

So its the bbc's fault that his son is a corupt agent?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4418
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by GSC on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 5:03 am

I honestly didn't notice he didn't do any interview on MotD before this.
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39059
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 27
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by liverbnz on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:51 am

dondelero wrote:
liverbnz wrote:"They along with most sections of the media are so biased against Utd"

This is probably the most deluded statement I have ever, eeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr read on the internet. Ever.

Really? It maybe that you have not been interested in football for very long then.

I was only born yesterday.

liverbnz

Posts : 2958
Join date : 2011-03-07
Age : 36
Location : Newcastle, County Down

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by AlexHuckerby on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:17 pm

Can I please get a genuine answer as to why the BBC are so "Out to get" Man united. I have never seen anything of the sort and you only seem to get their pundits such as Mark Lawrenson, Alan Shearer, Lee Dixon, Alan Hansen - the lot of them singing there praises from the roof every opportunity they can. Generally speaking the BBC are very fair in the way they conduct themselves and are always very careful in not getting themselves into trouble. They perhaps ask a slightly daring question once and United fans appear to spit out the dummies... That's my interpretation anyhow. (Now where's my job for the BBC?)

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 28
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Sat 27 Aug 2011, 11:07 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Can I please get a genuine answer as to why the BBC are so "Out to get" Man united. I have never seen anything of the sort and you only seem to get their pundits such as Mark Lawrenson, Alan Shearer, Lee Dixon, Alan Hansen - the lot of them singing there praises from the roof every opportunity they can. Generally speaking the BBC are very fair in the way they conduct themselves and are always very careful in not getting themselves into trouble. They perhaps ask a slightly daring question once and United fans appear to spit out the dummies... That's my interpretation anyhow. (Now where's my job for the BBC?)

Just Utd fans defending SAF to the rafters, right or wrong.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4418
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by AlexHuckerby on Sat 27 Aug 2011, 11:11 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Can I please get a genuine answer as to why the BBC are so "Out to get" Man united. I have never seen anything of the sort and you only seem to get their pundits such as Mark Lawrenson, Alan Shearer, Lee Dixon, Alan Hansen - the lot of them singing there praises from the roof every opportunity they can. Generally speaking the BBC are very fair in the way they conduct themselves and are always very careful in not getting themselves into trouble. They perhaps ask a slightly daring question once and United fans appear to spit out the dummies... That's my interpretation anyhow. (Now where's my job for the BBC?)

Just Utd fans defending SAF to the rafters, right or wrong.

Oh, don't worry I'm well aware of that just seeing if a united fan could actually answer me... Shockingly they won't bother because it's a load of rubbish.

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 28
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by dyrewolfe on Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:42 pm

As I alluded to in my earlier post, its not just the BBC Fergie has a problem with...its members of the media in general.

He seems to think he should be above the law and tries to make sure journalists only ask questions he's approved beforehand.

No other manger I can think of has ever tried this. Its not just his behaviour towards the media I can't stand, its his harassment of officials, which his players naturally copy (in fact I think the whole culture of harassing officials probably began with United) and his total lack of grace in defeat. He always finds some controversial issue or other to blame it on, or blames the ref for being incompetent. For some reason all those fines don't seem to have improved his behaviour. He very rarely praises the opposition or concedes his team were below-par.

At least his son appears to have better manners than his old man, whatever his wrongdoings as an agent.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Posts : 6464
Join date : 2011-03-13
Location : Restaurant at the end of the Universe

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by dondelero on Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:51 am

dyrewolfe wrote:As I alluded to in my earlier post, its not just the BBC Fergie has a problem with...its members of the media in general.

He seems to think he should be above the law and tries to make sure journalists only ask questions he's approved beforehand.

No other manger I can think of has ever tried this. Its not just his behaviour towards the media I can't stand, its his harassment of officials, which his players naturally copy in fact I think the whole culture of harassing officials probably began with United" and his total lack of grace in defeat. He always finds some controversial issue or other to blame it on, or blames the ref for being incompetent. For some reason all those fines don't seem to have improved his behaviour. He very rarely praises the opposition or concedes his team were below-par.

At least his son appears to have better manners than his old man, whatever his wrongdoings as an agent.

[b]Not quite. As already explained the media do not like SAF because he is wise to their amateurish tactics in trying to get a story out of him by asking loaded questions. The media will not dictate to SAF what to say or what not to say. In general he will say it as it is and will tell them what he wants to and not necessarily what they want to hear. He is the perfect model of how to put the media in its place.And for you to say "in fact I think the whole culture of harassing officials probably began with United" this shows that you probably are another one of this forum who has not been watching football for very long or just another ABU. Any evidence they have against SAF's son is probably as much if not less than they had against Harry Redknapp.

dondelero

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Breadvan on Tue 30 Aug 2011, 4:30 pm

The bbc are not biased against utd. They televised them in EVERY round of the FA cup a few seasons ago, and laud them at every oppurtunity. I'm glad SAF is now being interviewed after having to listen to serial moaners Quiroz and Phelan every time utd lost. Hopefully the viewers will get some decent insight now.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Posts : 2797
Join date : 2011-05-23
Location : Swansea & Cardiff

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by ReallyReal on Wed 31 Aug 2011, 4:55 am

As with most wrongs done against Utd, some of their own fans see the conspiracy, but nobody else does.

ReallyReal

Posts : 376
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

BBC should've been left to rot by SAF. Empty Re: BBC should've been left to rot by SAF.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum