The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebration Mile

2 posters

Go down

Celebration Mile Empty Celebration Mile

Post by racingnut Fri 26 Aug 2011, 7:51 pm

The only race thats worth watching on what is not the greatest of weekends as far as quality is concerned.If being over critical you could say that his isnt the best of renewals but it contains two proven group one performers and at least two others who can hold their own in group two/three company.

BEACON LODGE-very honest performer at Gp2 or Gp3 level.Seems to reserve his best for Haydock but has run well around here before.Straightforward,uncomplicated ride and will battle away all day but might just come up short.

EMERALD COMMANDER-has one or two very nice pieces of form but probably falls short on the majority of what hes shown.Ground will prove no problem but is more than likely relying on a few under performing to figure here.

POETS VOICE-won this on the way to Gp1 glory last year but was at the top of his game,he is far from that at the moment.Tried over 9f+ since his Ascot win,he is a least back to his optimum trip.We know the C/D offer no fears but fitness is taken on trust.He may just be too good but at 11/10 you have to take him on.

PREMIO LOCO-high quality form at best but hes been "flat" since his Lockinge run behind Canford Cliffs.Quicker ground would almost certainly suit better and he might just be on the down grade as hes not getting any younger.Couldnt write off totally but major suprise if he proved good enough.

RIGGINS-winning Kempton handicaps off 108 doesnt equate to cutting any ice in this.No chance.

SET THE TREND- unknown quantity.Two nice runs in the Spring including a win round here.The black and white says he has to find plenty to be competitive but the fact that hes pitched in here could be a tip in itself.Not the forlorn hope it appears.

DUBAWI GOLD-absolute top flight placed form behind Frankel and Roderic O Connor(got a shocking ride).Ran flat at Royal Ascot and didnt cut it at Newbury but this represents a drop in class from his Spring assignments and he must hold a serious chance.A solid pace looks assured,that will suit him fine.

Interesting renewal with some up and coming horses taking on some more experienced and proven performers.Theres a couple who will certainly force the issue from the off here so a decent pace looks assured,with fitness questions ovet Poets Voice,ability retention over Premio Loco and the jump in class hanging over Set The Trend then it just has to be DUBAWI GOLD.His 2000 guineas effort is top class and if he comes back anywhere close to that he will take some beating.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Celebration Mile Empty Re: Celebration Mile

Post by Dass Fri 26 Aug 2011, 9:31 pm

You're right in terms of it being a poor weekend in terms of quality racing, I'm going to keep my hand in my pocket and just let the weekend pass by without a bet.

Have to fancy Dubawi Gold myself and is a very nice price at 9/2 considering Poet's Voice is very short at 11/8 for me. Its difficult to know which horse is going to put his good foot forward in this I'd really like Premio Loco if he had a bit better form and he was a double figure price.

Dubawi Gold is my horse and the price is just a bonus though I do find his runform lines this season to be difficult to read convincingly.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sat 27 Aug 2011, 12:23 am

Sundays a bit of a better day than the Sat though its not top notch. I am looking forward to the rematch at the Curragh between La Collina and Maybe, at the prices La Collina looks a value bet.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down