The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best and Worst jobs you ever done

+9
User Name
Sir Gannet
Cari
Adam D
pauline1981
gibbo104
dyrewolfe
Kenny
hbk4894
13 posters

Go down

Best and Worst jobs you ever done  Empty Best and Worst jobs you ever done

Post by hbk4894 Sat 27 Aug 2011, 5:42 pm

what is the best and worst jobs or work experience you ever done

for me

Best

Admin for work experience at my college - i want to do admin when i leave college , so it give me insight into it

Worst
Working at a Garden Centre - quite boring , all i did for a week was pricing and sweeping

hbk4894

Back to top Go down

Best and Worst jobs you ever done  Empty Re: Best and Worst jobs you ever done

Post by Kenny Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:00 pm

Seems strange but my Best and Worst jobs i've done are they same job and i'm still doing it (for now ) .

I work in the transport industry and have done for nearly 15 years i have worked in different jobs during this time . When i started my current position it was the best job i have ever done , i enjoyed going to work everyday then a different company took over and i can honestly say they are the worst company i have worked for , thankfully they will be losing the franchise shortly so hopefully things will get better again .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 30 Aug 2011, 2:43 pm

Hmm. Worst job I ever had was as an admin assistant at Nokia. Really boring repetitive work and stuck at a desk all day in an office full of idiots.

Best job I've had is the one I have now with the Environment Agency. Pay isn't great, but the responsibility and variation keep things interesting.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Tue 30 Aug 2011, 5:41 pm

Interesting topic...

Let’s start with the easy one: Worst job ever... Renault Car Salesman. You have to have the ability of not caring one bit about the customer and just going for the hard sale every day. Long hours and the pay was just minimum wage. The commission structure was a con and you wouldn’t earn a penny on any car you sell, I only lasted 6 weeks. I only took a job selling cars as I was unemployed at the time and needed a wage coming in.

Best Job - This is difficult, I am currently working for a football team in the Operations department and this job (I've been in it for 6 months now) is very interesting, busy and I am learning a lot so it has some definite positives, but when I was 15 (I’m 28 now) I used to work for Burger King and done that for 2 years while I was at college and can honestly say I used to have so much fun working there. Every day was a laugh and really good fun, but aprat from car sales every job I have had I have enjoyed.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:46 pm

never worked in my life

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:56 pm

Best job - yet to find it!

Worst job - househusband

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:40 pm

Best - working in a record shop. Absolutely loved it. Got to discover all sorts of interesting music, and worked with a great bunch of people. At Christmas when it was uber busy, it'd be hectic but rewarding - even though some people treated you like dirt.

Best/Worst - a customer service adviser for a big communications company in a call centre. The best job because of the people I worked with, and some of the laughs I had, and the shifts were decent. Worst because when you're a customer service adviser, you see (or rather hear) the worst in people. When it comes to customer service, the public can be arrogant and utterly selfish. Of course it was always our fault when they didn't get their own way, and that's without the abuse people think they've got the right to give you over the phone. I did learn how thick skinned and tolerant I am though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Gannet Thu 08 Sep 2011, 5:01 pm

Best - My current job working in the Netherlands. The language is hard but the work is great with lots of variety. Plus I get 40 days holiday a year and bank holidays so its rather good.

Also worked at the co-op with all my mates when we were at school, which involved getting high and messing about for a few hours a day. Kind of what we used to do normally but being paid for it.

Worst- "the itchy willy factory" - basically worked for 11 1/2 hours a day putting fibreglass into bin bags for insulation. It was mind numbingly boring and itchy as hell.

Sir Gannet

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Thu 08 Sep 2011, 5:36 pm

Worst - Glen Eagles hotel, 12hr shifts for crap pay, boring as hell.

Best - Current job, Waterproofing. Good laugh, and easy money. And when its raining, jsut sleep in the Van all day.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 09 Sep 2011, 7:46 pm

Best - Security Guard.
I used to work in the Office of National statistics in Newport, and there is this section where the guards desk is under the stairs and basically you can spend all day looking up womens skirts, because it's all posh totty with well paid jobs work there, and their always going up and down the stairs.

Worst - Owens Road Services Llanelli
Worked for a guy called John Evans, when I transferred from Port Talbot to Bridgend. I hated the Tinkywinky to be honest, a real naughty naughty boy. He ruined that work place, we all had a lot of fun and got all the work done before he came. He was one of those people who needed to suck and life and enjoyment out of everything he touched. I heard he's dying of cancer now, and everyone I have met who has heard that, thinks it's a good thing. My Dad worked there for about 30 years and even he left because of him.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 26 Sep 2011, 8:33 am

Best- Royal Navy. Tour the world for free and you don't get shot at!

Worst- 2 weeks in an Addis factory packing mops, buckets and dust pans. Just sooo boring.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 26 Sep 2011, 1:43 pm

Best - University lab technician (in a research lab rather than a teaching one). Lots of down time and the opportunity to earn a few quid helping with consultancy projects.

Worst - I had a summer job while a student which was harvesting spring onions. Hard, labour intensive and you ended up stinking of the things for weeks afterwards.

Sympathies to Sir Gannet - I sometimes have to work with or around Rockwool type insulation as part of my current job, and it is the most unpleasant, itchy and nasty stuff.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 26 Sep 2011, 2:05 pm

Worst... Unpacking bananas on New Years Eve in Tescos or spending the summer as a teenager alone in a warehouse stuffing envelopes with medical conference information.

Best...prob where I am now, decent company to work for, take us skiing once a year, let us go most Fridays mid afternoon, put me up in decent hotels every now and then, can't complain.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down