The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barton to Leave?

3 posters

Go down

Barton to Leave? Empty Barton to Leave?

Post by Guest Wed 23 Feb 2011, 5:14 pm

some sites are reporting a Joey has refused a new contract.

The daily mail are saying: Barton, 28, has shown a willingness to take a £1million a year pay cut in order to extend his career at Newcastle but wanted a three year extension to his current deal which runs out in 18 months time.

However, Newcastle are understood to have told him they are only prepared to tie themselves into a two year deal.
Source: Click Here

Speculation is building pace on various web-sites, but until anything is confirmed eithway by NUFC i would take this with a pinch of salt. But as soon as I find anything further on it I will let you know

Back to top Go down

Barton to Leave? Empty Re: Barton to Leave?

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 24 Feb 2011, 9:23 am

If this is true then I don't get Newcastle's stance on this one.

Barton has said he'll take a £1 million a year pay cut for a 3 year contract so why aren't Newcastle jumping at the chance? He's been one of their best players this season and the fact he'll take a drop in wages shows he's committed to the cause.

To me, this sounds like they're trying to see how much they can get out of him: "Well he's already taken a pay cut, maybe we can get him to sign on for only 2 more years".

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheikitout Sat 26 Feb 2011, 1:56 pm

hmm hope this isnt true i mean we do pay him a ridiculous amount about 3 or 4 times as much as he would get anywhere else, if hes taking a pay cut why no offer him an extra year, hes only 28/29

Cheikitout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2011, 12:18 pm

ok guys, a director at work was at a charity function the other night in Newcastle and Barton was guest speaker.
Unfortunately Barton confimed he will not be playing at Newcastle next year.

He stated "I want to be open and honest with you. I will not be at Newcastle next year. They (newcastle) offered me a new contract on a third of the wages and will not increase the offer, so i am now looking for a new club"

I have no reason to doubt this source.
So where does this leave Newcastle now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2011, 12:45 pm

So where does this leave Newcastle now?

In debt.

Newcastle Sink Further into Red

Although some good news...

Newcastle Plan Enrique Talks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 20 Apr 2011, 11:09 am

Hopefully not because Joey has been in sublime form this year despite having one of his quieter games last night.

Can't understand our player retainment policy in the slightest , a team which has just come into the premiership should never sell it's main source of goals (Andy Caroll) and toy with the contract of our main provider of goals (Joey Barton)
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2011, 12:54 pm

I thought Joey was excellent last night. He tracked back alot and chased everything down, he also kept his cool.

Shame Lover and Shola can't header a ball between them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down