The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KALAHARI KING

+2
Grahame1971
racingnut
6 posters

Go down

KALAHARI KING Empty KALAHARI KING

Post by racingnut Wed 23 Feb 2011, 8:01 pm

Sorry to namedrop but i was talking to Ferdy at Carlisle the other day and we got around to his chances at the Festival.In recent years hes got a penchant for knocking in big priced winners,particularly in the amateur riders events.With this is mind i asked him if he had anything lined up for said races,GALANT NUIT goes for the Kim Muir again as long as the ground is not to lively(Nina Carberry booked) but he seemed very sweet on KALAHARI for the Ryanair.Anybody on here from the original 606 will know that i shouted this fella from the rooftops at the last three Festivals and his agonising second in the Arkle still makes me burst into tears(backed him antepost every week from the previous Festival right up until final decs time),well im shouting him again because Ferdy thinks that this Ryanair could be the easiest race hes run in at any of his Festivals.With plenty in the antepost market having their sights elsewhere then 20s or bigger looks more than a sporting wager particularly as we all know that KK loves everything about racing at the Festival.Had a little tickle on him myself,nothing like my Arkle wagers from two years back but still enough for a nice divvy if he finally breaks his Cheltenham duck

racingnut

Back to top Go down

KALAHARI KING Empty Re: KALAHARI KING

Post by Grahame1971 Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:59 am

Thanks for putting that up Racingnut, very interesting and if KK does run in the Ryanair i would agree that 20s+ is more than a decent price but the best i can see is 10s. I don't fancy Riverside Theatre for this (go see it win now !!!) as watching it plod around last year and look completely unhappy at Cheltenham puts me off it completely, Poquelin is a right dodgepot in my eyes, often flatters to deceive, so taking out the front two in the market, KK is a big price.
I hope he wins for you mate, certainly a place at least i think.

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Thu 24 Feb 2011, 3:08 pm

I was torn between Poquelin and Riverside Theatre but after reading this then definitely think Kalahari King has a chance.

Like the Gold Cup this race is wide open

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardy Eustace Mon 28 Feb 2011, 7:52 pm

Interesting post racingnut, KK is a horse i couldn't touch with his recent form but if anyone can get a horse to win out the blue it is Ferdy Murphy.

With regards the Ryanair, i cant understand why people are forgetting last years winner, Albertas Run. Twice a winner round cheltenham, he should take a fair bit of beating again, and if anything is going to beat him i think it will be the illusive Poquelin

Hardy Eustace

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Wed 02 Mar 2011, 1:55 pm

is McCoy on board Albertas Run?

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:37 am

steveo77 wrote:is McCoy on board Albertas Run?

i dont think its been confirmed but id be suprised if he wasnt

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 05 Mar 2011, 7:14 pm

I think the decent showing of some of the Murphy horses in recent days makes the case for Kalahari that tad stronger.Hes had by my reckoning his worst season winners wise,i know that the bad weather really stumped them up in the Dales and he had to keep shipping his charges to Redcar and exercise them on the sand because even his fabulous all weather gallop could take the bitter chill and snow but its still being a very poor year.Saying that he always said that he trained his good horses with the Spring Festivals in mind and i will certainly be topping up my little National wagers on Big Fella Thanks after a nice showing today and i certainly wouldnt put anyone off backing DIVERS in the Centenary/Jewson particularly if the ground dries out.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Sat 05 Mar 2011, 9:42 pm

An interesting stat re The Ryanair .... Every winner of the race since it first appeared on the Festival Schedule six years ago had previously won at the course, in fact in 5 of the 6 renewals of this race, the runner up has also won at the course .......... Kalahari King hasn't won at Cheltenham before (Short Head 2nd in the Arkle was pretty damn close though !!) therefore if he is to be succesful in the race this year he will need to defy this statistic. I guess though that stats are there to be broken !!!!!!

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Tue 08 Mar 2011, 7:01 pm

Dont know if anyone out there is interested but any of you living in the Teesside area might want to go to Redcar beach on Thursday,Ferdy is taking most of his Cheltenham raiders there for a "paddle".

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue 08 Mar 2011, 10:05 pm

racingnut wrote:Dont know if anyone out there is interested but any of you living in the Teesside area might want to go to Redcar beach on Thursday,Ferdy is taking most of his Cheltenham raiders there for a "paddle".

I would be very interested racingnut but unfortunately Redcar beach is long way from Button Moon.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Wed 09 Mar 2011, 6:48 pm

I went last year,really good to get up close to them and watch them at work.Seen a few at Ferdys place working over the seasons but got some great pictures of them,i almost looked like i knew what i was doing behind the lens!

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down