The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Summer Time

+8
liegerwoods
drive4show
navyblueshorts
Noshankingtonite
jockney
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
Doc
LondonJonnyO
12 posters

Go down

Double Summer Time Empty Double Summer Time

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 15:59

So a bill is about to be published proposing Double Summer Time for the UK. The effect of this would be to move us onto Central European Time. This has great benefits to the golfing community as we can play later on those soon to be middle of the night summer evenings... but people are worried about schoolchildren dying on the streets.

Personally I don't know of a single lazy Bar Steward who actually walks to school these days anyway as there are far too many chelsea tractors clogging up the roads in the morning... And besides... If they are stupid enough to not hear a car coming it's probably for the benefit of the UK that they get killed as they will only end up draining the benefits system.

Any other opinions?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Double Summer Time Empty Re: Double Summer Time

Post by Doc Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 16:04

:laugh1: :laugh1: The first point I'm going along with because it will be great as it would mean a full 18-holes on a week night after work, all through from about April. Brilliant and besides it makes more sense from a business point of view and the only real gripes will come from Scottish cows who will get confused at milking times

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 16:07

I didn't realise Scottish cows could tell the time.... :mmm:
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by jockney Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 16:44

It'll mean getting a lie in during the winter as well as it won't get light until 9am (10am in Scotland), it'll mean getting more grief of the missus though as a later start means a later finish!

jockney

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 17:49

I'm up for it - I reckon you could virtually get 36 holes in after work during mid-summer if you got a wriggle on
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 18:04

Quite like the idea but a bit of a bummer as I quite often get 9 or more in before work in the morning during the Summer at the moment.

On a completely different note, I see we now have the :doh1: emoticon. Result.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 21:01

Yeah this is a great idea, getting rid of a few chavvy schoolkids as well is just the icing on the cake Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 21:15

did they not do away with BST back in 70s ?
i heard on jeremy vines show last year that the argument against was based on some primary school kids killed at a bus stop on one of the scottish isles and this story was relayed in the house of commons ......but on investigation it appears it was a myth. no record anywhere of the incident.

agree it would be great as a golfer to have the light nights stretching ....no excuses about not going up the 19th after blowing a lead in matchplay.....but cant agree with making jokes about kids being killed

:doh1:

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 21:29

lieger

Obviously we are only jesting about the kids Wink

Disclaimer: No children were killed or injured during the making of this forum or thread.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 22:00

drive4show wrote:lieger

Obviously we are only jesting about the kids Wink

Disclaimer: No children were killed or injured during the making of this forum or thread.

I dunno... I often wonder what would happen if I tied some piano wire inbetween a few lamp-posts to catch the obnoxious teenagers as they race around on their mopeds outside my place.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 23:11

Being as how most of my golf is played after work between the clocks, more time then can only be good news for me. :friend:
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 23:15

I wonder if I could use this unanimous agreement as a tool to lobby Parliament into doing what I want.... Although they never did agree to my plan to put bromide into the French water supply on the basis that it would stop them all breeding.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 23:20

But that wouldn't have worked anyway LJ. Everybody knows the French do not touch their water unless it is to dilute the Pastis, which kills 99.9% of all household germs, especially bromide.

And you can take it as unanimous, 'cos there are no Scottish farmers on this site that is unless TUC is hiding somewhere. Wink
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 24 Feb 2011 - 23:24

hmmm... I can see why the guys at the top rejected it.

Something more encompassing is in order I reckon.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by graeme Fri 25 Feb 2011 - 13:00

my son and i walk to his nursery every morning whatever the weather, so we're not lazy bar stewards ;-) plus he knows to stop, look and listen, so we're alright on that count too.

we could open the shop later in the winter and i could play 36 holes after work in the summer. no complaints from me!

graeme

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 25 Feb 2011 - 13:11

Very rare... Where I live it's gridlock in the morning when the mommies take poor little junior for a ride in the 4x4 that they use to go shopping and have a coffee.

And it only takes ten minutes to walk from one end of the village to the other!
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri 25 Feb 2011 - 13:17

LondonJonnyO wrote:Very rare... Where I live it's gridlock in the morning when the mommies take poor little junior for a ride in the 4x4 that they use to go shopping and have a coffee.

I think that's most unfair of them - how are us lecherous gits supposed to ogle them when they're encased in several tonnes of metal with tinted windows Rolling Eyes
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 25 Feb 2011 - 13:18

Noshankingtonite wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:Very rare... Where I live it's gridlock in the morning when the mommies take poor little junior for a ride in the 4x4 that they use to go shopping and have a coffee.

I think that's most unfair of them - how are us lecherous gits supposed to ogle them when they're encased in several tonnes of metal with tinted windows Rolling Eyes

Do you have nighvision goggles NST?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 25 Feb 2011 - 13:26

LondonJonnyO wrote:
Noshankingtonite wrote:

Do you have nighvision goggles NST?

My local radio station does a 'Deal of the day'

Today it just happens to be night vision binoculars. Wonder if they are sold out yet Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 25 Feb 2011 - 21:42

NVG's are not what you need its the heat vision gear you want they show contours better and the hotter bits glow better! Plus when some git flashes their main beam at you, you won't be blinded like the NVG's do to you in artificial light nope if that happens then the heat visions won't be affected allowing you to continue to stare an yon yummy mummys very own headlamps and bumpers!!! Trust me on this!!!!

As for the main point well it would mean a longer lay in for me on the days I'm not too interested in going into the office so bonus! More time for evening golf, Bonus! Longer summer daylight hours for ogling good looking young fitties in pub beer gardens Bonus! Potential culling of some chavs bigger bonus. Where do I sign up for this!

On the point of fat kid britain because of the school run, always walk the kids the 2 and a half miles to school and back rain or shine, I had to do it so do they, its exercise for them and teaches them the importance of their feet! Meaning they don't think dads a taxi when they hit their teens. My 5 year old lad could easily walk 18holes and still have energy because he's used to it, yet there are some severe fatties in his class because mum finds it easier to drive 50yards to school!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat 26 Feb 2011 - 13:26

Maverick wrote:

On the point of fat kid britain because of the school run, always walk the kids the 2 and a half miles to school and back rain or shine, I had to do it so do they, its exercise for them and teaches them the importance of their feet! Meaning they don't think dads a taxi when they hit their teens. My 5 year old lad could easily walk 18holes and still have energy because he's used to it, yet there are some severe fatties in his class because mum finds it easier to drive 50yards to school!

And whilst I'm not wishing to appear like a Super Realist Doppleganger - it's not just the 'lazy can't be buggered to walk attitude' , but the fact that these kids are spoon-fed by good ole mum and dad into their bloody late teens. Half of them have got very little initiative. I not only had to walk a round trip of 3 miles when I was growing up, but chaperone my younger brother and avoid us both getting a good kicking from the local bullies from several different schools. Certainly better prepares you for life coming home with the odd black eye or bloodied nose. Lillie-livered pinko liberal 1950's born mum and dads have a lot to answer for GRRRRRR!!!
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 26 Feb 2011 - 19:22

I feel like I've walked into a Daily Mail editorial :P

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat 26 Feb 2011 - 19:25

Davie wrote:I feel like I've walked into a Daily Mail editorial :P

The Daily Mail are in favour of kiddies getting run over in the twilight? Fanstastic.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down