The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumour - Gareth Bale to Inter for £40 mill

3 posters

Go down

Rumour - Gareth Bale to Inter for £40 mill Empty Rumour - Gareth Bale to Inter for £40 mill

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 28 Jan 2011, 8:02 am

Alright... So I heard it in the pub last night. But it might just be that the Inter director of football frequents my Hertfordshire based local - you never know?!?

However, if this was fact - Do you think Spurs should cash in on Bale? Or is an integral part of their team and future? Can Spurs offer him the future he could have elsewhere?

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Rumour - Gareth Bale to Inter for £40 mill Empty Re: Rumour - Gareth Bale to Inter for £40 mill

Post by ADMIN Fri 28 Jan 2011, 9:15 am

I was speaking about this on a Utd thread the other day.
Personally I think he’ll stay at Tottenham, they’re an exciting club that seem to be heading very much in the right direction. As well as Bale they have other top quality players and a World Class one in Van Der Vaart who has to be the buy of the season without question.
If and it’s a big if he leaves then I think there would only be two English clubs he’d go to, Man Utd or Man City. Chelsea could alos afford him but I think he’d be very brave to cross London so for me it’d be a trip up North to either the lure of Utd’s worldwide fame or the lure of City’s fantasy football like transfer policy.
Outside England there’s three options. Inter like you mention or Real & Barca. Main barrier as always for homegrown talent, cultural and language difference. We just don’t seem to adapt as well overseas.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Rumour - Gareth Bale to Inter for £40 mill Empty Re: Rumour - Gareth Bale to Inter for £40 mill

Post by ADMIN Sun 13 Feb 2011, 8:53 am

Sunday Mirror today:

Manchester United have put Tottenham star Gareth Bale at the head of their summer wanted list.

Sir Alex Ferguson will have to pay out in excess of £40million for the exciting Welsh star and will face stiff opposition from the likes of Barcelona and Real ­Madrid.

But Ferguson sees Bale as the long-term replacement for fellow-Welshman Ryan Giggs who is nearing the end of his illustrious career at Old Trafford.

There will be fierce ­competition for Bale who has emerged as one of the most exciting young talents in the Premier League over the last two years.
Spurs have put up the ‘no sale’ signs around Bale but history shows Ferguson has a habit of getting his man.

He has in recent years signed both Michael ­Carrick and Dimitar ­Berbatov from Spurs ­despite initial resistance.

Indeed, Carrick, who was brought through at West Ham by Tottenham ­manager Harry Redknapp, could be used as a bartering tool by Ferguson.

Tottenham will now ­initiate their search for an alternative site for their new stadium after losing out to West Ham for use of the Olympic Stadium at Stratford.

Alexandra Palace, ­Pickett’s Lock and even a share of Wembley are all possibilities for the club who want a new 60,000-­seater stadium.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Manchester-United-identify-Gareth-Bale-as-summer-target-number-one-but-Tottenham-will-demand-40m-for-their-star-man-article695915.html#ixzz1DpM4lOGL

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 9:35 am

hes definately going to be hot property come the summer.
Wor 'arry has a hard job in keeping onto him, but given the crazy figures bought for players in January, if someone comes in with a bid of £40m+ i cant see Spurs declining it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 13 Feb 2011, 9:40 am

Although I'm obviously biased in my opinion being a Utd fan I do think think Utd would be the ideal club for him at this stage in his career especially if SAF is planning to stay on indefinitely.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketAce Sun 13 Feb 2011, 1:17 pm

I did read somewhere that a top sport commentator said Gareth Bale has the whole world in his hands

RocketAce

http://twitter.com/#!/Kris_Saunders1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down