The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings

2 posters

Go down

Greetings Empty Greetings

Post by erne_redhand Sat 17 Sep 2011, 6:24 pm

Welcome people-who-have-nothing-better-to-do-than-read-this!

I'm relatively new to this sport forum discussion lark, possibly because I've only become mature enough to understand most sports not so long ago. I've read regularly on this website for a while and I've decided to register for the craic. I'm into GAA in Ireland which I play, I watch soccer ( furious to anyone who calls it football) and rugby union often enough when I get the chance and I have a passing interest in sports such as F1, tennis, golf, athletics, cycling and snooker. This passing interest usually coincides with it being on TV when I decide to watch it. In GAA I follow Tyrone despite an upbringing in Fermanagh which I largely owe to my parents. The soccer team I support is Liverpool and I also like to see Reading do well for absolutely no reason. In Rugby Union I feel quite unique in that my household wasn't interested in club rugby and I've only really started to follow it recently and this has lead to me not hold any particular allegiance to any province. I sort of grew up as a supporter of the national team first so I generally wish all provinces to do well and support each one in their competitions. When they meet I tend to stay neutral and hope no-one gets seriously injured for Ireland!
For the rest:
F1 - Sebastian Vettel and Felipe Massa
Tennis - J-M Del Potro, I like his style and dark horse persona
Golf - All of the NI/ROI golfers
Athletics - No real favourite, I don't really understand how I could seeing as Ireland is useless at it.
Cycling - Cavendish and Wiggins
Snooker - Ronnie

If anyone is still reading by this point and has any questions feel free to fire away. Wink

erne_redhand

Back to top Go down

Greetings Empty Re: Greetings

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2011, 6:40 pm

Best introduction to the board I have read.
Welcome aboard Erne OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 17 Sep 2011, 6:45 pm

Welcome,

yet i am unsure of this sport Soccer you speak off Very Happy

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by erne_redhand Sat 17 Sep 2011, 6:52 pm

@ Y I Man: Praise from the top guy! notworthy

@ Nay Bother: ah it is just a minority sport, few people from your country play it to an acceptable level.. Run

erne_redhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 17 Sep 2011, 7:34 pm

laughing

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: