The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Michael Jarvis

3 posters

Go down

RIP Michael Jarvis Empty RIP Michael Jarvis

Post by Dass Thu 22 Sep 2011, 12:08 pm

Another great trainer dies, a personal favourite of mine and someone who will be sorely missed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/sport-obituaries/8780086/Michael-Jarvis.html

Dass

Back to top Go down

RIP Michael Jarvis Empty Re: RIP Michael Jarvis

Post by Solerina Thu 22 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

That's very sad news.

Not being a fan of the Flat, I didn't know much about him, or the horses he trained but I remember he was the trainer of Rakti.

I loved Rakti.....he was a real star.....I used to love seeing him go kicking and bucking down to the start...such fun.....tho' not so much fun for his jockey. (Sadly Rakti died, a while ago, too).

(Image) Rakti.
Spoiler:

RIP Michael Jarvis

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Thu 22 Sep 2011, 6:47 pm

An absolute gentleman and a trainer of the highest ability.Didnt aim his charges too high unless he thought they were capable of cutting it.Worked his way to the top echelons of this countries training ranks and ended up with some top flight perfomers.Great memories of Carroll House winning the Arc(and me a lot of money),Ameerat scooting away with the 1000 Guineas(big prices antepost) and Rakti bolting up in the QE2(nice touch landed).
One of racings nice guys and he will be sadly missed.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down