The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Wold Order (2011 Top 10)

2 posters

Go down

New Wold Order (2011 Top 10) Empty New Wold Order (2011 Top 10)

Post by Maverick Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 10:31

Well the new year is now in full swing! :bitchslap: to myself for such a dodgy pun!

But in all seriousness last year we finally got a new World Number 1 and an English one at that. We had Gmac force his way up the Rankings, Kaymer break the top 5, and Rory become the highest Rank 20year old surpassing Sergios record.

This year we already have a new World Number 2 and with all the other big names inaction this week could have more changes afoot.

We have Tiger returning to some sort of form(well he's scoring well if not playing well), Sergio has made a good start thus far and for me he is my favourite and I would love to see him shoot back up the Rankings to his rightful place as a Sergio in full flight is good enough to be World No1 in my biased eyes Smile

Then theres Gmac again playing Well, Kaymer could easily take over No1 by the time we get to Augusta.
The Molinaris could break the Top 10 easily this year, young Mannasero looks like he could break Rorys new record. Then theres Ricky Fowler looks like he has started this year where he left off, Dustin Johnson could really challenge the tope boys this year with his game and then Anthony Kim fully fit what a player he is. Rory himself could go higher and we could end the year with the likes of big Phil, Stircker, Ernie et al not even in the top 10

All in all making 2011 the most copelling year in golf ahead for a long time, so let battle commence and see who will fight it out to be top Dawg! boxing

Is there a changing of the guard or

Maverick

Back to top Go down

New Wold Order (2011 Top 10) Empty Re: New Wold Order (2011 Top 10)

Post by Doc Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 10:45

Mav on top of having 6 out of the worlds top 10 reside this side of the pond, 5 of them are Brits. I also think we'll see a couple of the young guns make a serious move this year and you've mentioned young manny, but I have a feeling that a couple of players coming back into the tour from the champs tour will break through, plus a couple of unknowns and all topped off with Ross Fisher, the young Welsh kid Davies and maybe even young Wood. So I agree and hope we see a massive change so that maybe we never see the PGA mention the 6th major Very Happy

Doc

Back to top Go down