The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racing - Sunday 27th Feb

3 posters

Go down

Racing - Sunday 27th Feb Empty Racing - Sunday 27th Feb

Post by Solerina Sun 27 Feb 2011, 9:11 am

Celestial Halo runs today in the National Spirit Hurdle at Fontwell.............should be interesting...........read about it HERE

Enjoy today's racing.............good luck if you're having a bet........must dash.......I'm late for work!

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Racing - Sunday 27th Feb Empty Re: Racing - Sunday 27th Feb

Post by racingnut Sun 27 Feb 2011, 1:35 pm

Very decent renewal of the National Spirit with plenty of the field having kept the highest of company over the past 2 or 3 seasons.Celestial Halo has run with great credit in the last two Champion Hurdles and on his run last week at Wincanton he is a deserved market leader but i think hes got his own ideas on the game and current odds offer no appeal whatsoever,although the unique nature of Fontwell will lend itself to his preferred run style.Karabak is another who has run with credit at the big Festivals,this trip is his optimum,he goes well after a break,all positives but the big drawback to me is his penchant for hitting a real flat spot in every race he runs in,you do that around here and it takes a real effort to get back into the race.This,allied to his penalty makes him a swerve.Sentry Duty is the one that interests me,he goes extremely well after a long break,the race looks like it will be run at a good clip and i can see him hunting round behind the pace then finishing to good effect over the last two.Henderson has numerous formlines on the rest of the field and i just cant see him not being involved at the end.Eachway bet to nothing at 9/2 or slightly bigger.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 27 Feb 2011, 7:08 pm

Yet again the worsening ground decimated the field and it was in effect a two horse race.Celestial Halo bowled along close to the front end,jumped low and fluently and had them at it some way out.Karabak made a couple of errors,lost track position then hit his usual flat spot and was never back in the hunt.CH stayed on strongly from the bottom of the hill and won very comfortably.He had the form in the book to win in this manner and he coped with ground arguably much softer than he prefers.Up in the air as to where he goes to next.In my opinion Cheltenham should have a 2m5 level weights event at the Festival,a sort of RyanHurdle if you know what i mean,for these type of horses who dont have the toe for the Champion nor the stamina for the World.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 27 Feb 2011, 11:43 pm

Thanks very much for that racingnut........I was unable to watch the race.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Mon 28 Feb 2011, 8:49 am

did at the races show a replay of the race after as they were having technical problems at fontwell

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:22 pm

enigma_that_is_HARCHIBALD wrote:did at the races show a replay of the race after as they were having technical problems at fontwell

Hi enigma,

I don't know...........but you should be able to watch a replay on ATR's website..........at least you always used to be able to.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down