Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by AberdeenSteve on Sun 16 Oct 2011, 10:09 am

First topic message reminder :

The Football Association says it will investigate claims from Manchester United defender Patrice Evra that he was racially abused by Liverpool forward Luis Suarez.

Evra says the incident occurred in Saturday's 1-1 draw between the teams.

A Liverpool spokesman said Suarez "categorically denied" the allegation.

An FA statement read: "Referee Andre Marriner was made aware of an allegation at the end of the fixture and has reported this to the FA."

It added: "The FA will now begin making enquiries into the matter."

Evra was quoted as telling French TV station Canal Plus: "There are cameras, you can see him [Suarez] say a certain word to me at least 10 times."


Source: BBC Sport Football

AberdeenSteve

Posts : 6520
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 28
Location : Guess?

Back to top Go down


Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 6:58 pm

dondelero wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:
dondelero wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:
dondelero wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:I think it is relevant seeing as Evra is connected to both incidents.

I never said because Evra used a racist word that makes Suarez innocent. I have said before I accept Suarez used 'negro' once.

I have never said I agree with Kenny Dalglish's actions. The only time I mentioned Kenny was in a quote when he said 'there is evidence that hasn't been included in the report and made public'

Right if you accept this. You also except that Suarez maybe a racist right?
The important word you used is 'maybe' and I'd rather go on facts than ifs buts and maybes so until there is evidence that proves Suarez IS a racist then no I don't accept it.

Yes so same question to you. What evidence would you need to convince you that Suarez IS a racist? And what would your conclusion be based on?
As racism is a criminal offence I'd base my decision on information given by the CPS and the evidence I'd need to determine such decision is either (a) an admission from Suarez that he used the word 'negro' as a racist slur and/or (b) video evidence that proves Suarez used said word multiple times in a hostile way and/or (c) witness statements that collaborate the accuser's allegations.
What I would not do is make a decision solely based on the accuser's word over the accused's word

A Is it realistic that Suarez would admit that when he used the word he meant it as a racist slur?
B Why does someone have to use the word multiple times to be viewed as a racist?
C A Witness statement may confirm what someone has said but will not be able to determine why it was said.

So really in this instance none of those options could help you to have an informed opinion in THIS case. You appear to be of the opinion that if someone uses racist language towards another of a different race once, then this probably indicates that they are trying to be friendly or conciliatary which Suarez states unless they admit otherwise. However maybe if they use racist language more than once then this MAY indicate that they are racist. It is also more than likely that you believe that one can only be racist if they are verbal with it.
Is that a fair summary of your views?
It is not up to the FA to determine if Suarez is a racist. If as everyone says because he lives and works in England and he has to abide by English laws and cultures then it is up to the English Legal System to determine that he is a racist and for that to happen unless Suarez assualts Evra, causes criminal damage to Evra's property, harasses Evra or threatens Evra with violence he cannot be charged with a racially aggravated offence therefore is not a racist.

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 6:59 pm

braveheart101 wrote:Johnson I suggest you read THE WHOLE POST not just the bits you want to.

It says 'If someone runs away from a taxi without paying and MAKES REMARKS TO THE DRIVER ABOUT ASIANS' which can suggest that there was a racial motive for not paying they CANNOT be charged with A RACIALLY AGGRAVATED OFFENCE

I'm bored of you now. Making reference to making off without payment as your defence for Suarez. Laugh

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:01 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Suarez speaks Spanish and the Spanish word for "black" is "negra" and the word "negro" refers to "a black (person)", Suarez's grasp of the English language is minimal as his his understanding of white culture therefore I believe his understanding of the negative connoctations surrounding the word "negro" in this country would be fairly limited. However, there's a world of difference between using the Spanish "Negra/negro" and Evra's assertion that he was called a "ni**er" by Suarez. In no uncertain terms and in reference to that incident, Evra is a liar.

I understand they conversed in Spanish and yet it appears the phraseology and meaning have been corrupted and usurped by the powers that be to make a case with which to prove a point.

I agree racism should not be tolerated in the modern game but when we have players like Joey Barton and Jonathan Woodgate walking free, it tends to make a mockery of the F.A.'s anti racism campaign. Suarez has been used by the F.A. as an example and yet we haven't seen anyone disciplined for their continued verbal abuse of referees and officials under the F.A.'s "Respect" campaign

Suarez and Liverpool have every right to feel hard done by, but I feel it's right that they draw a line under it now.

Suarez was charged because he is racist, DAVE...

You missed the part where he pinched his skin, made a racist remark and advised he does not speak to blacks.

Another Liverpool fan defending him. Do you not find it strange that only Liverpool fans are defending him, wheras Barton (a player universally hated) has gain sympathy for his red card.

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:05 pm

Go away then johnson. If you can't read a entire post STOP REPLYING

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:08 pm

By the way saying Suarez IS RACIST is slanderous

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:09 pm

braveheart101 wrote:By the way saying Suarez IS RACIST is slanderous

How. He has been found guilty of a making racist remarks. Hardly an outlandish suggestion that he is racist is it now.

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by Crimey on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:11 pm

johnson2 wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:By the way saying Suarez IS RACIST is slanderous

How. He has been found guilty of a making racist remarks. Hardly an outlandish suggestion that he is racist is it now.

Except the same report says quite clearly that Luis Suarez is not racist, and it is people like you who are making Liverpool do the things you say are so terrible.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16413
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 26
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:12 pm

Why do you think that NO newspaper has printed the words SUAREZ IS A RACIST then

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:14 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:
johnson2 wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:By the way saying Suarez IS RACIST is slanderous

How. He has been found guilty of a making racist remarks. Hardly an outlandish suggestion that he is racist is it now.

Except the same report says quite clearly that Luis Suarez is not racist, and it is people like you who are making Liverpool do the things you say are so terrible.

I am well aware the report doesnt think that. However I am of the opinion (yes, my opinion) that if you are charged with making racist remarks (or indeed any other crime) then you are a racist.

To charge his they established that he meant to cause offence. How can they then say he is not a racist.

If someone robs you, does that make him a robber? If some steals your car does that make him a car thief?

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by Guest on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

johnson2 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Suarez speaks Spanish and the Spanish word for "black" is "negra" and the word "negro" refers to "a black (person)", Suarez's grasp of the English language is minimal as his his understanding of white culture therefore I believe his understanding of the negative connoctations surrounding the word "negro" in this country would be fairly limited. However, there's a world of difference between using the Spanish "Negra/negro" and Evra's assertion that he was called a "ni**er" by Suarez. In no uncertain terms and in reference to that incident, Evra is a liar.

I understand they conversed in Spanish and yet it appears the phraseology and meaning have been corrupted and usurped by the powers that be to make a case with which to prove a point.

I agree racism should not be tolerated in the modern game but when we have players like Joey Barton and Jonathan Woodgate walking free, it tends to make a mockery of the F.A.'s anti racism campaign. Suarez has been used by the F.A. as an example and yet we haven't seen anyone disciplined for their continued verbal abuse of referees and officials under the F.A.'s "Respect" campaign

Suarez and Liverpool have every right to feel hard done by, but I feel it's right that they draw a line under it now.

Suarez was charged because he is racist, DAVE...

You missed the part where he pinched his skin, made a racist remark and advised he does not speak to blacks.

Another Liverpool fan defending him. Do you not find it strange that only Liverpool fans are defending him, wheras Barton (a player universally hated) has gain sympathy for his red card.

You also missed the part where Evra made reference to Suarez's sister's genitals (hardly making him an innocent victim in all this) Add to this the fact that the man argued with the referee over the coin toss at the start of the match and you a very highly strung individual who was looking for trouble from the off that day. Just because you are offended by something someone says, doesn't mean they set out to offend you. I'm sure you didn't deliberately set out to fill this topic with idiotic comments and yet many of us now feel you're...you get the idea.

BTW,if Suarez doesn't speak to blacks how did he ever manage to get along with his own grandfather?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:36 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
johnson2 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Suarez speaks Spanish and the Spanish word for "black" is "negra" and the word "negro" refers to "a black (person)", Suarez's grasp of the English language is minimal as his his understanding of white culture therefore I believe his understanding of the negative connoctations surrounding the word "negro" in this country would be fairly limited. However, there's a world of difference between using the Spanish "Negra/negro" and Evra's assertion that he was called a "ni**er" by Suarez. In no uncertain terms and in reference to that incident, Evra is a liar.

I understand they conversed in Spanish and yet it appears the phraseology and meaning have been corrupted and usurped by the powers that be to make a case with which to prove a point.

I agree racism should not be tolerated in the modern game but when we have players like Joey Barton and Jonathan Woodgate walking free, it tends to make a mockery of the F.A.'s anti racism campaign. Suarez has been used by the F.A. as an example and yet we haven't seen anyone disciplined for their continued verbal abuse of referees and officials under the F.A.'s "Respect" campaign

Suarez and Liverpool have every right to feel hard done by, but I feel it's right that they draw a line under it now.

Suarez was charged because he is racist, DAVE...

You missed the part where he pinched his skin, made a racist remark and advised he does not speak to blacks.

Another Liverpool fan defending him. Do you not find it strange that only Liverpool fans are defending him, wheras Barton (a player universally hated) has gain sympathy for his red card.

You also missed the part where Evra made reference to Suarez's sister's genitals (hardly making him an innocent victim in all this) Add to this the fact that the man argued with the referee over the coin toss at the start of the match and you a very highly strung individual who was looking for trouble from the off that day. Just because you are offended by something someone says, doesn't mean they set out to offend you. I'm sure you didn't deliberately set out to fill this topic with idiotic comments and yet many of us now feel you're...you get the idea.

BTW,if Suarez doesn't speak to blacks how did he ever manage to get along with his own grandfather?

Lets try and be objective here DAVE, difficult for a Liverpool fan in this situation I know.

Firstly, this is not about Evra. What he did or did not say is hardly relevant.

Suarez' actions were always going to cause offence. Telling someone you wont speak to them because they are black and pinching said persons skin is hardly likely to build up a rapport. You work for the police, how would this be scored in an interview for 'respect for race and diversity'. Not very well I suspect.

This is clearly not a case of being misunderstood. He didnt walk up to Evra and say "hey, negro, how is it going", he pinched the mans skin. Surely even a Liverpool fan must understand why a black man (or indeed any other man) would find such actions offensive. Am I really that wide of the mark here.

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:38 pm

The problem with threads like these are.... that football fans are tribal and will try to excuse the inexcusable...if a guy represents their club..

Looking for silly excuses or to try to blame someone else in using provocation...

I think Liverpool's role in this is also reprehensible..trying to excuse some of the filth this guy came out with in order to try to get him off the hook..

The guy has played in Europe enough to know what is racist and what isn't....

So what if Evra said something...Racism is out of order...end of... in civilised society...

Sad that some try and load on Evra as if to deflect from the disgrace known as Suarez...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38954
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The problem with threads like these are.... that football fans are tribal and will try to excuse the inexcusable...if a guy represents their club..

Looking for silly excuses or to try to blame someone else in using provocation...

I think Liverpool's role in this is also reprehensible..trying to excuse some of the filth this guy came out with in order to try to get him off the hook..

The guy has played in Europe enough to know what is racist and what isn't....

So what if Evra said something...Racism is out of order...end of... in civilised society...

Sad that some try and load on Evra as if to deflect from the disgrace known as Suarez...

To true. If this was Rooney the same fans would probably be calling for capital punishment.

People need to try and remove themselves from the situation and look at the event for what it is. Can these Liverpool fans say hand on heart that they would be defending a player from the Man Utd team if the situation was reversed. I highly doubt it.

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:54 pm

How is what Evra said irrelevant. He was inciting racism by his threatening, insulting and abusive language.

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:54 pm

Absolutely Mate.....Seems to some...as long as a guy plays for you he gets a free pass etc...

Some of the stuff he came out with was disgusting.....If he wasn't a footballer he'd be forever vilified with one of the worst labels you can attribute to someone..... racist!!

But it's alright because he scores goals for Liverpool...

Shocking!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38954
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:56 pm

braveheart101 wrote:How is what Evra said irrelevant. He was inciting racism by his threatening, insulting and abusive language.

Been found guiltly of this has he?

People defending Suarez really are beyond contempt.

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The problem with threads like these are.... that football fans are tribal and will try to excuse the inexcusable...if a guy represents their club..

Looking for silly excuses or to try to blame someone else in using provocation...

I think Liverpool's role in this is also reprehensible..trying to excuse some of the filth this guy came out with in order to try to get him off the hook..

The guy has played in Europe enough to know what is racist and what isn't....

So what if Evra said something...Racism is out of order...end of... in civilised society...

Sad that some try and load on Evra as if to deflect from the disgrace known as Suarez...
England has different laws and cultures to Holland though. Maybe 'negro' is acceptable in Holland

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:00 pm

johnson2 wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:How is what Evra said irrelevant. He was inciting racism by his threatening, insulting and abusive language.

Been found guiltly of this has he?

People defending Suarez really are beyond contempt.
Evra admits saying 'I am going to punch you' on more than one occasion so isn't that threatening language? He also admits insulting Suarez's sister but claims it is translated to mean something else. Isn't that what Suarez's defence was as well though?

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Absolutely Mate.....Seems to some...as long as a guy plays for you he gets a free pass etc...

Some of the stuff he came out with was disgusting.....If he wasn't a footballer he'd be forever vilified with one of the worst labels you can attribute to someone..... racist!!

But it's alright because he scores goals for Liverpool...

Shocking!!!!

Football is a funny old game, it really does attract people with all different forms of intelligence, class and standings in society.

It is just a shame that some Liverpool fans find racism acceptable and continue to try and justify to disgraceful comments made by Suarez.

Walk up to a black policeman, pinch his skin and tell him you wont talk to him because of his colour and you would be straight through the courts, probably on his word alone too.

Absolute madness.

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:02 pm

braveheart101 wrote:
johnson2 wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:How is what Evra said irrelevant. He was inciting racism by his threatening, insulting and abusive language.

Been found guiltly of this has he?

People defending Suarez really are beyond contempt.
Evra admits saying 'I am going to punch you' on more than one occasion so isn't that threatening language? He also admits insulting Suarez's sister but claims it is translated to mean something else. Isn't that what Suarez's defence was as well though?

As stated in the report, Suarez was found to change his story... in other words... lie.

Evra was retaliating to vile insults about his race. Understandable he reacted this way when met with such disgusting behaviour.

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:09 pm

Evra states he started the conversation by asking 'why did you kick me' to which Suarez answered 'it was just a normal foul' which was followed by Evra saying 'I'm going to punch you' so he did not say it AFTER Suarez said 'negro' but BEFORE therefore as Suarez was found guilty Evra must be guilty of inciting racism as well

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:14 pm

That's right.."I'm going to punch you" Incites someone to come out with disgraceful racist filth!!

Dear oh dear...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38954
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That's right.."I'm going to punch you" Incites someone to come out with disgraceful racist filth!!

Dear oh dear...
According to the English legal system yes it can

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:19 pm

Really????

So If someone threatens you.....You have to mention his skin color in your reaction/response ??

Do me a favor..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38954
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:19 pm

braveheart101 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That's right.."I'm going to punch you" Incites someone to come out with disgraceful racist filth!!

Dear oh dear...
According to the English legal system yes it can

This isnt the legal system.

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:21 pm

braveheart101 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That's right.."I'm going to punch you" Incites someone to come out with disgraceful racist filth!!

Dear oh dear...
According to the English legal system yes it can

It's the usual, 'dont talk to me like that or i'll have ya' carry on isnt it.

If that is the natural reaction of Suarez that says more about him that a person than anything else.

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Really????

So If someone threatens you.....You have to mention his skin color in your reaction/response ??

Do me a favor..
No of course not. I'm not saying that. If someone uses threatening language and is then racially abused they are inciting racism. It doesn't mean that it always happens.

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:25 pm

johnson2 wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That's right.."I'm going to punch you" Incites someone to come out with disgraceful racist filth!!

Dear oh dear...
According to the English legal system yes it can

This isnt the legal system.
So why are you using legal examples such as your black policeman example.

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:25 pm

I think we should agree to disagree. Neither of us is going to change our opinions

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:28 pm

Can't believe you are trying to promote the idea of equal culpability....

Poor show Mate....poor show!

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38954
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Can't believe you are trying to promote the idea of equal culpability....

Poor show Mate....poor show!
I'm not. It's what the CPS say

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:54 pm

braveheart101 wrote:
johnson2 wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That's right.."I'm going to punch you" Incites someone to come out with disgraceful racist filth!!

Dear oh dear...
According to the English legal system yes it can

This isnt the legal system.
So why are you using legal examples such as your black policeman example.

Fair play

I do think you would do well to watch Suarez pinch Evra through.

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by braveheart101 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:58 pm

johnson2 wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:
johnson2 wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That's right.."I'm going to punch you" Incites someone to come out with disgraceful racist filth!!

Dear oh dear...
According to the English legal system yes it can

This isnt the legal system.
So why are you using legal examples such as your black policeman example.

Fair play

I do think you would do well to watch Suarez pinch Evra through.
I will. Sky Sports News from Tuesday isn't available online yet though, should be on tomorrow. Just out of interest Johnson what are your views on the Terry case.

braveheart101

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 44
Location : Inverness

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:03 pm

braveheart101 wrote:
johnson2 wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:
johnson2 wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That's right.."I'm going to punch you" Incites someone to come out with disgraceful racist filth!!

Dear oh dear...
According to the English legal system yes it can

This isnt the legal system.
So why are you using legal examples such as your black policeman example.

Fair play

I do think you would do well to watch Suarez pinch Evra through.
I will. Sky Sports News from Tuesday isn't available online yet though, should be on tomorrow. Just out of interest Johnson what are your views on the Terry case.

Pretty clear from the video what he said, looks to be a open and shut case. You never know what a good laywer can do but I really fail to see how anything other than a guilty verdict could be returned. Certainly a more clear case than the Suarez saga...

Think the FA should give him a longer ban than Suarez and should be stripped of the England armband, and possibly banished from the team.

Villas Boas saying he will support Terry regardless of the result is pathetic. A manager should make a stand and fine him as much as possible.

I dont think it was an off the cuff comment. He was walking away and shouted it back.

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by Kay Fabe on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:07 pm

braveheart101 wrote:How is what Evra said irrelevant. He was inciting racism by his threatening, insulting and abusive language.

He was inciting racism?

I'm sorry but that's just absolute nonsense, you can be wound up and you can lash out but to racially abuse someone is not something that you can just 'incite'

Suarez racially abused Evra, he didn't have to racially abuse him, you can take your pick of things to say, he choose to be racial, that was all his own doing

As for his grandfather being black, that's hardly conclusive proof, Hitler's mother didn't exactly fit the bill for what he tried to mould

Kay Fabe

Posts : 9685
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 37
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by ADMIN on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:53 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:How is what Evra said irrelevant. He was inciting racism by his threatening, insulting and abusive language.

He was inciting racism?

I'm sorry but that's just absolute nonsense, you can be wound up and you can lash out but to racially abuse someone is not something that you can just 'incite'

Suarez racially abused Evra, he didn't have to racially abuse him, you can take your pick of things to say, he choose to be racial, that was all his own doing

As for his grandfather being black, that's hardly conclusive proof, Hitler's mother didn't exactly fit the bill for what he tried to mould

Inciting racism by his actions?

Isn't that sentence akin to the Canadian policeman who said women who dress like sluts provoke rap1sts?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Posts : 13809
Join date : 2011-01-24

http://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 9:54 pm

Excellent analogy.....

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 38954
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by Gibson on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:39 pm

Are we all racists now Father? What's de line of de Church on racism?

Evra is a renowned dick. So is Gary Neville. Is that racist?

Always call a spade a spade. Best policy.

Suarez is a spick. How dare he call Evra a N***er. In all fairness.

The World really needs to grow up. Fast.

A Mick in Amsterdam.
Gibson
Gibson

Posts : 14126
Join date : 2011-02-23
Location : Amsterdam

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by Guest on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 6:50 am

Evra clearly speaks Spanish well enough to converse with Suarez and well enough to insult his sister. Therefore, is it unreasonable to suggest Evra is also conversant enough to know that the word "negro" doesn't have the same connotation in Spanish as it does in English? Evra knows the word means 'black man' and yet sought to infer that it was used as a derogatory term rather than a descriptive one. In fact Evra originally accused Suarez of using a completely different word and one that IS offensive then lied and said he didn't yet Evra is deemed a reliable witness by the FA.

It's a funny old game.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by ADMIN on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:44 am

I know quite a number of Spanish swear words and phrases yet I'm certainly not fluent in Spanish.

And it's quite clear that Suarez was using the term negro not in a descriptive term but as a derogative one.

I do actually though believe that Suarez is not a racist but instead decided to use racist language in an attempt to get his opponent sent off.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Posts : 13809
Join date : 2011-01-24

http://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by amritia3ee on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:29 am

DAVE667 wrote:Evra clearly speaks Spanish well enough to converse with Suarez and well enough to insult his sister. Therefore, is it unreasonable to suggest Evra is also conversant enough to know that the word "negro" doesn't have the same connotation in Spanish as it does in English? Evra knows the word means 'black man' and yet sought to infer that it was used as a derogatory term rather than a descriptive one. In fact Evra originally accused Suarez of using a completely different word and one that IS offensive then lied and said he didn't yet Evra is deemed a reliable witness by the FA.

It's a funny old game.
LOL, desperate stuff.
Firstly do you speak Spanish- the phrase evra said to suarez meant beep hell', nothing to do with his sister.
Secondly Evra only accused Suarez of saying the spanish word 'negro' all the way through, at first he thought it meant 'n' but then was told it was more like 'black man.'

The thing was we all know for sure that you did NOT read the report as in the first line you said 'insult his sister.' However in the report, it explains how the insult has nothing to do with his sister and is just a swear word. As someone who speaks Spanish I can confirm this, thus you clearly haven't read the report.


Last edited by Y I Man on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:31 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : dodging swear filter)
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Posts : 1643
Join date : 2011-07-13

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by jro786 on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:49 am

braveheart101 wrote:Johnson I suggest you read THE WHOLE POST not just the bits you want to.

It says 'If someone runs away from a taxi without paying and MAKES REMARKS TO THE DRIVER ABOUT ASIANS' which can suggest that there was a racial motive for not paying they CANNOT be charged with A RACIALLY AGGRAVATED OFFENCE

i agree with you on this matter, all these people want to do is judge someone on their crime which can be defamation of it's kind
jro786
jro786

Posts : 183
Join date : 2011-03-08
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by Guest on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:00 am

amritia3ee wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Evra clearly speaks Spanish well enough to converse with Suarez and well enough to insult his sister. Therefore, is it unreasonable to suggest Evra is also conversant enough to know that the word "negro" doesn't have the same connotation in Spanish as it does in English? Evra knows the word means 'black man' and yet sought to infer that it was used as a derogatory term rather than a descriptive one. In fact Evra originally accused Suarez of using a completely different word and one that IS offensive then lied and said he didn't yet Evra is deemed a reliable witness by the FA.

It's a funny old game.
LOL, desperate stuff.
Firstly do you speak Spanish- the phrase evra said to suarez meant 'beep hell', nothing to do with his sister.
Secondly Evra only accused Suarez of saying the spanish word 'negro' all the way through, at first he thought it meant n*igger but then was told it was more like 'black man.'

The thing was we all know for sure that you did NOT read the report as in the first line you said 'insult his sister.' However in the report, it explains how the insult has nothing to do with his sister and is just a swear word. As someone who speaks Spanish I can confirm this, thus you clearly haven't read the report.

The referee's report said Evra had approached him after the match and called him a ni**er...which is a blatant lie...and one that Evra has since admitted. How can Evra be a reliable or credible witness when he had already contradicted himself?

Evra heard the word "negro" and, apparently being fluent enough in Spanish to occasionally translate for David De Gea, somehow inferred that the word meant something other than "black man" did he? If Evra was told that he was mistaken and the word merely meant "black man" how can he possibly, AS A BLACK MAN, be offended by the term?

Having had the term properly explained to him, there is a definite paradigm shift whereby the phrase ceases to be an offensive or derogatory term and merely descriptive.

The word "negro" and it's subsequent corrupted and offensive derivatives came about due to there frequent use in relation to American slavery. However, had there not been four hundred odd years of oppression, the "N" word would not be seen as offensive and simply a corruption of the word "negro" that came about due to the inability of white Americans to pronounce it correctly ("Negro" became "nigra" which became "ni**er")

Evra's perception of what was said appears to have become reality and it's clear no-one is allowed to suggest Suarez's use of the Spanish word for "black" may have been taken wildly out of context simply to suit an agenda.

Have a look at a tin of Black Kiwi shoe polish and you'll see the words "Schwarz" "Negro" and "Negru" amongst others. Are we now to assume that the makers of shoe polish are racist as they've printed those words on their product?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by amritia3ee on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:32 am

Firstly it wasn't a blatant lie; he misunderstood the meaning, thats different from contradicting yourself.
Secondly Suarez told Evra in the heat of the moment, 'I fouled you because you were black,... I don't talk to blacks...dale negro (blackie) x5.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Posts : 1643
Join date : 2011-07-13

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

C'mon, DAVE, you can do better than that.

Evra was reliable and credible, Suarez was not.

Trying to pass the blame to the victim is a poor showing.

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:47 pm

johnson2 wrote:C'mon, DAVE, you can do better than that.

Evra was reliable and credible, Suarez was not.

Trying to pass the blame to the victim is a poor showing.

An insightful and well thought of rebuttal there thumbsup Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4418
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by johnson2 on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:53 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
johnson2 wrote:C'mon, DAVE, you can do better than that.

Evra was reliable and credible, Suarez was not.

Trying to pass the blame to the victim is a poor showing.

An insightful and well thought of rebuttal there thumbsup Laugh

Right back at you, son.

johnson2

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-11-13
Location : Newacstle

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:35 pm

johnson2 wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
johnson2 wrote:C'mon, DAVE, you can do better than that.

Evra was reliable and credible, Suarez was not.

Trying to pass the blame to the victim is a poor showing.

An insightful and well thought of rebuttal there thumbsup Laugh

Right back at you, son.

Headscratch

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4418
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by d260005p on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:35 pm

johnson, these liverpool fans will obviously not get it through that their innocent Suarez is as guilty as they come.

They seem to think that if you are aggressive, then you incite Racism?! HA! Unreal.

Liverpool and Suarez have not appealed, and they have handled it in absolute disgust.

To have a historical club such as Liverpool, treat our game with such disrespect is an absolute disgrace to football in general. What makes it worse is that the fans are backing it and coming out with stupid remarks. Shameful.

We should all go and post about something else because i can not be arsed sitting here re-typing about some accused and convicted racially abusing footballer. Why give him, Liverpool and their fans the gratification of an argument which as already been concluded by the FA. GUILTY.

d260005p

Posts : 674
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 33
Location : Telford

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:39 pm

Why you arguing a toss then?

Get over it

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4418
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA - Page 11 Empty Re: Suarez found guilty of Racism by FA

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum