The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FESTIVAL BOIL OVERS

+2
Solerina
racingnut
6 posters

Go down

FESTIVAL BOIL OVERS Empty FESTIVAL BOIL OVERS

Post by racingnut Wed 2 Mar 2011 - 18:55

We all have our own ideas of the so called good things but alas its a rare occurance for all four big pots to won by the fancied runners.What do we think could cause a boil over in the main races? Horses that can atually win and not just hit the frame at a big price.Must be 20s or bigger.

Champion Hurdle-KYHBER KIM,great run last year,loves Cheltenham,goes very well fresh,overpriced.
Queen Mother-MAD MAX,brilliant effort in Arkle last year and if he gets loose on the frong end,who knows?
World Hurdle-POWERSTATION,great Festival record,loves the better ground.big price on last years form.
Gold Cup-TIDAL BAY,Festival regular,total monkey but will storm home when others are calling time.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

FESTIVAL BOIL OVERS Empty Re: FESTIVAL BOIL OVERS

Post by Solerina Wed 2 Mar 2011 - 20:35

Hi racingnut,

I agree about Khyber Kim........I was reading about him the other day...........he's a huge price!

Interesting article about KK and the rest of NTD's Festival team HERE

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 10:57

I've been looking at the Championship Races and if i'm honest i couldn't find anything of 20/1 or bigger that i think has a chance in any of them. I really would be amazed this year if we had a complete shock in any of the four although if we were to have a boil over then i think the Gold Cup is the race ....

C H - Agree that Khyber Kim is most likely to finish closest to the market leaders but it would have to come up very soft i think
Q M - Jy Vole .... Don't know why, but this horse keeps sticking in my head and everytime i look at the race it jumps out at me (the scientific way of selecting winners!!!!)
W H - Ashkazar .... only because i love this horse heart I backed it on New Years Day when it won at 20/1, but it probably won't run in the race though.
G C - Pandorama - Not the worst horse in the race, the right age and has a touch of class ... you can get 20's still but will probably be shorter on the day

Just for the record ... A £1 Accumulator on the above four at current odds would return over £600,000 .... Ok, it's only a quid, i'm going for it !!!!! laughing

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 11:45

my current outsiders for the each race are

Champion - Mille Chief/Kyhber Kim, undecided yet which one i will go for each way
QMCC - Mad Max, dont necersarilly think he will make top 3 cos i cant see past the front 3 in the market but if i had to choose a proper outsider it would be him
World - Im looking at fiveforthree in this. always been a good horse plagued with injury
Gold Cup - Tidal Bay, ive been sweet on tidal bay all season, yesterday i watched the 2009 ryanair when he finished 4th but come from knowhere. he certainly gets up that hill

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 16:31

Champion hurdle - Khyber Kim
Champion Chase - French Opera
World Hurdle - Ashkazar
Gold Cup - Midnight Chase - although this has been backed into under 20/1 now

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 3 Mar 2011 - 23:39

Champion Hurdle - Not much I fancy over 20s that havent been mentioned. Zaynar looks big at 100/1 has been uninspiring this season but the top 3 in the previous CH have a good record in the following race. Punjabi and Binocular both won it after finishing 3rd in the previous year's race. Extremely unlikely but 100/1 if he goes could be overpriced.. Khyber Kim def a safer bet.

Champion Chase - Have to say Mad Max aswell. The Arkles usually a good indicator for this race and he ran well last year. Cant see past the first 5/6 in betting though.

World Hurdle - nothing

Gold Cup - Tidal Bay. At his best would have a great chance of placing. Never know what he's gonna do and could be out of it by the time he gets going though. Too old trends wise but big enough price to take a risk as many of the main players have question marks. Weird Al if the ground has any cut in it. Good chasing record and won twice at Cheltenham. Hennessy run would be a worry though.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down