The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Favourite Vocalists

+14
Kenny
Luke
EmmDee57
dummy_half
dyrewolfe
GG
Cari
Gregers
sodhat
Dass
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
AberdeenSteve
BALTIMORA
legendkillar
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your Favourite Vocalists - Page 2 Empty Your Favourite Vocalists

Post by legendkillar Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Flicking through my I-Pod I thought I would look at the best vocalists ever. I think sometimes vocalists do not get the credit they deserve given sometimes they are in a band who musically struggle or sometimes are not given the right songs.

Here are my top 5.

1. Bono - Arguably for me the best there has ever been. The range he can find and is also able to draw you into his voice emotionally. With every lyric sung you feel it the way the song is intended. As a showman is in a league of his own. He is able to connect with the audience through the earphones. Songs from One, With or Without You, Beautiful Day to Vertigo and Staring at the Sun. The voice matches the music perfectly. A truly remarkable voice.

2. Prince - For me he has the most dynamic voice I have ever heard. It is demonstrated by his song catalogue. Purple Rain has traces of James Brown in it, Get Off reminds me of Little Richard and Sign of the Times Bob Dylan. Yet encompassing all that, he is pioneering. I am sure Michael Jackson modelled his artistry on Prince. As a vocalist is amazing. He adjusted himself to each genre and sounded fresh each time.

3. Robert Plant - In a band with so many musical genius's as Led Zeppelin, for any singer would be difficult to create a seperate persona. Robert Plant's voice is a truly seductive and sexy thing. Women are drawn to it and men want to sound like him. He has an amazing rawness with it and is able to transfer the studio voice to live stage. Songs such as Whole Lotta Love, Stariway to Heaven to Immigrant Song and Heartbreaker all demonstrate how he elevates the song to a new standing all through the musical perfection.

4. Rod Stewart - I love this man's voice. A rough voice, A powerful voice. Achieved success in the Small Faces and went it alone and developed into a much better singer. He was the first for me that made Male vocalists more appealing without the image. I think Meatloaf is certainly in the same ilk. Songs such as Do Ya Think I'm Sexy to Maggie May to First Cut is the Deepest. I love the rawness and live he is awesome. For me a gem of a talent and a complete voice.

5. Andrea Corr - Some might see this as a strange pick. To me though she is fantastic. In a band with great backing vocalists and also good musicians, she stands alone with such a sexy loving tone to her voice. It matches her look perfectly. Songs like Radio, Dreams and Runaway show her amazing talent. Also the unplugged session they did was amazing. Had a studio quality to it and her voice held up. Truly a wonderful voice.

Other mentions

Marvin Gaye
Roger Daltery
Will Young
Chris Martin
Whitney Houston
Dusty Springfield
Brian Wilson

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite Vocalists - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite Vocalists

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:21 pm

Another singer who definitely deserves a mention is Brent Smith from Shinedown. If you're not familiar with this band, click on the spoiler tag:

Spoiler:
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2