The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member of the Month Award

+2
Scottrf
Legend
6 posters

Go down

Member of the Month Award Empty Member of the Month Award

Post by Legend Thu 03 Mar 2011, 2:08 pm

As the 606v2.com community starts to grow, there are some very informative or opinionated members that are beginning to form friendships with members all over the site. I think it is only right and fitting for these members to be acknowledged with a reward of some kind. I have been racking my brains and come up with the suitable idea of having a Member of the Month feature for the site. This can be the point of the month that we assemble in single file and lavish praise upon one of the community's individuals who has really out done themselves in that particular month.

How would the winner be decided, I hear you ask? Well, there could be a number of possibilities. The first is a simple agreement between moderators &/ administrators to chose the person that has made substantial contributions to the site. It can be one of them if they so wish.
The second possibility is if the same people as mentioned before decide on five or six possible candidates. The winner could be announced after a public vote, but the topic in which the poll is placed should be locked to avoid campaigning or discussion.
The final possibility is to do with nominations. In this situation a thread would be set up for anyone to post in and nominate fellow posters, as they may know more about them than mods/admin. I have written a few rules for this one if it were to be chosen below:

1) DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF
2) Give a valid reason. Things like "I like him", "He made me lol" or " He has a cool name" will not be taken seriously.
3) Give a link to the thread to explain why. EXAMPLE: Joe made some really good threads this month! LINK LINK LINK LINK, and he had a really good idea for the community! LINK
4) Vote for one person only please
5) Don't say no this person doesn't deserve it as much as this dude. This is not an argue for someone thread, this is a give your input thread. One post is all that's needed.

The winner of the award could be interviewed by one of the admin and have questions asked of them such as “Tell us a bit more about the person behind the computer screen” or “When did you first pick up an interest in [insert sport]?” Once the interview is complete it should be posted up on the forum for others to read and learn a little more about the poster.

It should not be made possible to win the award twice in a single year, but if the site continues to run strong we could consider resetting it every year. A member of the year stipulation is another option that could be introduced.

This is just the beginning of something huge. If you do wish to pursue the idea, please give me a message, as I have more to come. I didn’t want to write too much here and waste both of our's times if you don’t think it could work.

Thanks for your time, Legend thumbsup
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Member of the Month Award Empty Re: Member of the Month Award

Post by Scottrf Thu 03 Mar 2011, 4:16 pm

A good idea might be to base it on the member writing the most popular article of the month. Whistle

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 4:51 pm

Don't listen to Scott, he's a sell out! It should be based on being a nice allround chap who, as a Midlands boy, bridges the gap between the north and the south so that we can all get along together.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperupdate Tue 08 Mar 2011, 6:53 pm

No way this we should have this thing as all members are good in there own way. I seen sites do this but I think its stupid thumbsup

Hyperupdate

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 08 Mar 2011, 7:05 pm

Hyperupdate wrote:No way this we should have this thing as all members are good in there own way. I seen sites do this but I think its stupid thumbsup

with sense like that we should vote you member of the month thumbsup

Its a slippery road to a popularity contest. Bah Humbug

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperupdate Tue 08 Mar 2011, 7:10 pm

Hobo wrote:
Hyperupdate wrote:No way this we should have this thing as all members are good in there own way. I seen sites do this but I think its stupid thumbsup

with sense like that we should vote you member of the month thumbsup

Its a slippery road to a popularity contest. Bah Humbug

I could say every admin and mod so I don't get banned angel

Hyperupdate

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Mon 21 Mar 2011, 6:26 pm

Now the site is approaching the beginning of its third month of existance, I see it as right and fitting to perhaps consider implementing this idea in the near future.

Spoiler:
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 28 Mar 2011, 7:55 pm

I'm not a big fan of these members of the month awards, iv been nominated best poster on certain sites a few times and it becomes harder to have a decent debate because some people become confrontational to catch you out, i like the idea of an Interview tho

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Tue 29 Mar 2011, 7:30 am

So maybe we should just have a monthly interview to one of the posters, rather than actually having them as MoM?
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 29 Mar 2011, 3:18 pm

That could be fun but I'd only open it up to people who want to be involved

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Tue 29 Mar 2011, 4:11 pm

It would obviously have to be people that are actually known on the site, as opposed to someone who only has about 20 posts.
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Fri 29 Apr 2011, 4:50 pm

Not neccessarily about this award, but I was just thinking about general awards. You could run competitions on the site and, instead of giving out money or a proper prize, they could be awared with a tiny badge for winning, coming runner up etc. ?
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down