The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Star Awards

2 posters

Go down

All Star Awards Empty All Star Awards

Post by bluemoda Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:07 am

1. Gary Maguire - Goal - (Dublin)

Full backs -2. Paul Murphy - (Kilkenny) 3. Paul Curran (Tipp) 4. Michael Cahill (Tipp)

Half backs - 5. Tommy Walsh (Kilk) 6. Brian Hogan (Kilk) 7. Padraic Maher (Tipp)

Mid- Field 8. Liam Rushe (Dub) 9. Michael Fennelly (Kilk)

Half Forwards - 10. Michael Rice (Kilk) 11. Richie Power (kilk) 12. Henry Shefflin (Kilk)

Full Forwarss 0 13. John Mullane (Waterford) 14. Lar Corbett (Tipp) 15. Richie Hogan (Kilk)

Kilkenny - 8

Tipp - 4

Dublin 2

Waterford 1

Not exactly a vintage year but who shouldn't be there imho - Gary Maguire (nothing exceptional about goalies this year, so why him) Paul Murphy, (can only recall one good game, ok it was the final, but how many games did he actually play in), Brian Hogan (Brian who). Liam Rushe (Why because he's a Dub), Richie Power (quiet year by his standards), Henry Shefflin (because of his comeback????) John Mullane (Jesus, have they forgotten the Munster Final., Richie Hogan (Richie Who)

Is this the future? The big love affair for Kilkenny continues and another one begins for Dublin.

Admittedly, it's easier to state who should be left out rather who should be put in. Patrick Maher ought to be in there, he did not have a bad game this year, same goes for Gearoid Ryan.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

All Star Awards Empty Re: All Star Awards

Post by dublfcynwa Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:47 am

You seem a bit paranoid that Kilkenny and Dublin are favoured more in this year's award's than other counties for some reason, I don't know why, I think it's as fair as it could be. Dublin got two and you complain about both, are you saying we did'nt deserve any?? If anything Peter Kelly should have got one too. Kilkenny were/are the best team by a country mile so they were alway's going to dominate them.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:00 pm

Why should Peter Kelly have got one? Before you have a pop at me, I'm delighted that Dublin are doing so well. I just don't see what they did in the championship to deserve 2 All- Stars. They had a great league, but a great league didn't translate into a great championship. They were well beaten in the Leinster Final. If one good game is all it takes to win an award then the entire Tipp team should be the winners for their demolition job of Waterford. It's just that some of the nominees are had to comprehend, players winning for just playing well, not doing anthing exceptional or inspirational, ie Shefflin, Popwer, Walsh (though he had a great final).

IMHO Pauric Mahoney at 19, should get Young Player of the Year for keeping his head when his team were be smashed in the Munster Final, but Liam Rushe will get it. I'd nearly put my house on it. A media drive to up Dublin and a chance for some KK players to create records methinks.

All I ask is fairness, this selection is not entirely reflective of the actual season.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Fri 21 Oct 2011, 2:23 pm

Your quite clearly being biased toward's Tipp and are prob overrating them, they got four all star's and it was about what they deserved imo.
You can put your house on Liam Rushe to win the young player of the year because he was the best young player according to almost every pundit in Ireland.
You clearly have some issues with Kilkenny and Dublin and that's fair enough but don't let your issues blind your judgement, it's not as if Dublin got more than Tipp, we only got two, I wonder what your going to be like next year when we clean up thumbsup
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:07 am

I'm not the only one who has an issue with the selection. Some of the weekend papers made the same point. What the hell did John Mullane do to get an award?

"I wonder what your going to be like next year when we clean up All Star Awards 732107"

You have to get past Kilkenny & Tipp firstAll Star Awards 590675

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:28 pm

He yeah I was jokin, I can't see anyone but Kilkenny or Tipp winning it for the next couple of year's.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:01 pm

Ah dub, don't back down so readily.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Mon 24 Oct 2011, 6:00 pm

bluemoda wrote:Ah dub, don't back down so readily.

There is just no fight in me today boxing That's me on the left.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Wed 26 Oct 2011, 5:11 pm

Thought I recognised you from the photo!!!

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down