The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alcohol Thread

+17
Steffan
6oldenbhoy
Sugar Boy Sweetie
bellchees
Strongback
coxy0001
Union Cane
TopHat24/7
sodhat
Rowley
Scottrf
Michaels, Sean
Mind the windows Tino.
trottb
Fists of Fury
Il Gialloblu
AlexHuckerby
21 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Alcohol Thread - Page 5 Empty Alcohol Thread

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 25 Oct 2011, 11:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Someone said we needed one...

Personally not a huge drinker myself. In fact very rarely drunk, however when I drink I prefer things such as Southern Comfort with Lemonade or Coke. Not really tried that much stuff myself just don't really find being intoxicated is all what it's made out to be personally. Call me a square but I'm not alcohols biggest fan. However it's gotten me into a few more beds than I wouldn't usually so ah well eh...

What do you like to drink?
What occassions, what drink?
Then we can rip each other for being girly or so overtly macho that you are clearly just compensating for the fact that deep down you've always been bi-curious. (Don't worry Sean your secrets safe over here)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Alcohol Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Alcohol Thread

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:08 am

coxy0001 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:It's rather unhealthy...

It's official guys, he's in the Dale Winton brigade

Thanks I just cracked up laughing in front of my whole team because of that... I now look like a right tool.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:09 am

He's on flat terrain.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:19 am

rowley wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote: Used to like mushrooms.

Your posting history makes that abundantly clear.
I take that as a compliment.

With regards to the vast array of alcoholic beverages available...I find it to be a bit much sometimes. I've never been one of those Oz Clarke, Jilly Goolden types, detecting 'a hint of Autumn meadow, the slightest full-bodied but dry hoppy aroma' or whatever it is they spout. If I likes it, I likes it, but generally speaking I don't drink pints and when I do it'll be just one or two. I quite like some of the white beers, and cider's nice in the right circumstances, but if I was going out on the lash it'd be vodka & diet coke/diet lemonade. Less chance of feeling like hammered dog poo in the morning and less chance of developing a colossal beer gut. I think one of the things which puts me off the beer connoisseurs was this:

Spoiler:

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:24 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
a colossal beer gut.

Rowley?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:26 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
a colossal beer gut.

Rowley?

How very dare you, I've lost a bit my beer gut is now huge rather than colossal

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:26 am

coxy0001 wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
I feel i speak for the board as a whole

Never feel that again, please.

Go join the Dale Winton brigade

Think he was a co-founder...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:28 am

rowley wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
a colossal beer gut.

Rowley?

How very dare you, I've lost a bit my beer gut is now huge rather than colossal

Sorry jeff, uncalled for, that one. You're in good company though, Union is a bit of a porker.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 11 Nov 2011, 11:17 am

Had Schneider Aventinus last night, genius in a bottle.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 11 Nov 2011, 12:23 pm

Scottrf wrote:Had Schneider Aventinus last night, genius in a bottle.

Had a Coke Zero last night, averageness in a can.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 11 Nov 2011, 12:25 pm

Scottrf wrote:Had Schneider Aventinus last night, genius in a bottle.

Had a Coke Zero last night, averageness in a can.

I had a couple of cups of black coffe, inspired no great feelings either way. Am going out tonight though so will drink some Guinness, will try and offer some feedback tomorrow.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 11 Nov 2011, 12:50 pm

You like your Guinness don't you? Why not mix it up? (not the Guinness, your selections).

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 11 Nov 2011, 12:51 pm

Off to Fullers now for the usual Friday liquid lunch, going to give their new 'Black Cab' London stout a try, could be quite tasty....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 11 Nov 2011, 12:54 pm

Saw that on offer, not much of a stout fan, do like Fullers beers though. They had a BG Sips on guest last weekend which was good.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 11 Nov 2011, 12:57 pm

Scottrf wrote:You like your Guinness don't you? Why not mix it up? (not the Guinness, your selections).

Have tred other stuff but prefer Guinness to pretty much everything else so tend to stick to it. Also am still trying to shift a bit of weight and whilst it is obviously not good for you Guinness tends to be slightly better than most other drinks, short of having Vodka and Lime or something which is never going to happen.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:26 pm

Scottrf wrote:Saw that on offer, not much of a stout fan, do like Fullers beers though. They had a BG Sips on guest last weekend which was good.

It's ok, but not great....

Spoiler:

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:27 pm

How does it compare to the London Porter?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:28 pm

rowley wrote:
Scottrf wrote:You like your Guinness don't you? Why not mix it up? (not the Guinness, your selections).

Have tred other stuff but prefer Guinness to pretty much everything else so tend to stick to it. Also am still trying to shift a bit of weight and whilst it is obviously not good for you Guinness tends to be slightly better than most other drinks, short of having Vodka and Lime or something which is never going to happen.

My Mrs has been doing weight watchers and apparently a single vodka & diet coke/lemonade/etc is two points. For comparitive purposes; a Curly-Wurly is three, and a bag of Quavers is two.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 11 Nov 2011, 3:33 pm

Missus used to do slimming world and Guinness is definitely better than the likes of Lager and Bitter, think Vodka and some sort of diet drink is about the best but I am a Yorkshireman. Given I can't fight is too risky going into a pub and ordering anything other than a pint.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 11 Nov 2011, 4:48 pm

Scottrf wrote:How does it compare to the London Porter?

Haven't tried it to be able to compare unfortunately, not a big fan of porters really, just like trying the seasonal beers Fullers etc put out there.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 11 Nov 2011, 5:25 pm

rowley wrote:Missus used to do slimming world and Guinness is definitely better than the likes of Lager and Bitter, think Vodka and some sort of diet drink is about the best but I am a Yorkshireman. Given I can't fight is too risky going into a pub and ordering anything other than a pint.
I've never paid much notice to stuff like that. I've even been known to order drinks that were non-alcoholic. Yeah, that's right. Definitely rather order a vodka and diet lemonade and not have a gut. I'm not a massive exercise person so every bit helps. Saying that though I've not drunk much in ages.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 15 Nov 2011, 2:30 pm

Can't be bothered reading through this entire thread so apologies if this has been mentioned before.

I can heartily recommend the various Innis & Gunn beers from the Edinburgh based brewery of the same name.

This website gives you a bit of the back story behind the brewery and the beers

http://www.innisandgunn.com/en/home/character.aspx

I love the original which is about 6.6% and can happily have a few bottles of that. The rum cask beer is about 7.4% and is an acquired taste but it's good for a bottle or two.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:20 pm

Preferred the rum cask one of the two. Little lacking in flavour for my liking by drinkable.

Had probably the strongest beer I've had yesterday at 10%. Unfortunately you could tell it was strong.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:40 pm

10% is starting to push into the old Special Brew or Tennants Super for my liking, Scott. It's a short fall from there to drinking on your own on park benches.

I think the strongest I've had was Skull Splitter which I believe was somewhere about 8%. It was during a game of pub golf about 6 or 7 years ago (the one and only time I've played it) and I drank it to make up for the fact that my playing partner was ruining our score by only ordering vodka and diet coke. I got my own back by having to go home long before we reached the 18th hole leaving her to explain away our pathetic score.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:44 pm

Na, you get strong beers (especially belgian) which push that percentage without showing the alcohol or being especially heavy. Leffe Radieuse is one, 8.6% I think but you wouldn't know. Duvel is quite light at 8.5.

They don't all have the syrup type palate of a Tennents (or how I understand Tennents to be, not sure I've had it).

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:48 pm

Only had a sip of Tennants Super - horrible stuff. My old flat mate bought a couple of cans to see how drunk he could get on the least possible amount of money.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5