The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alcohol Thread

+17
Steffan
6oldenbhoy
Sugar Boy Sweetie
bellchees
Strongback
coxy0001
Union Cane
TopHat24/7
sodhat
Rowley
Scottrf
Michaels, Sean
Mind the windows Tino.
trottb
Fists of Fury
Il Gialloblu
AlexHuckerby
21 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Alcohol Thread - Page 2 Empty Alcohol Thread

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 25 Oct - 23:57

First topic message reminder :

Someone said we needed one...

Personally not a huge drinker myself. In fact very rarely drunk, however when I drink I prefer things such as Southern Comfort with Lemonade or Coke. Not really tried that much stuff myself just don't really find being intoxicated is all what it's made out to be personally. Call me a square but I'm not alcohols biggest fan. However it's gotten me into a few more beds than I wouldn't usually so ah well eh...

What do you like to drink?
What occassions, what drink?
Then we can rip each other for being girly or so overtly macho that you are clearly just compensating for the fact that deep down you've always been bi-curious. (Don't worry Sean your secrets safe over here)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Alcohol Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Alcohol Thread

Post by Union Cane Wed 26 Oct - 9:56

rowley wrote:It was all going so well, you do seem overly keen to tell us you're not a homosexual Union, as Truss would put it you doth protest a little too much.

Well I'm not Chinese either, but saying I'm not Chinese doesn't make me Chinese, does it?

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Oct - 9:58

Union Cane wrote:
rowley wrote:It was all going so well, you do seem overly keen to tell us you're not a homosexual Union, as Truss would put it you doth protest a little too much.

Well I'm not Chinese either, but saying I'm not Chinese doesn't make me Chinese, does it?

I don't know mate, they do reckon one in five people in the world are chinese or something so statistically it's possible.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 26 Oct - 10:01

安 吉 新 美 家 具 有 限 公 司
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct - 10:01

Union, don't complain about it. 1 in 5 people are Chinese (according to Rotley). Therefore your little dinkler is still bigger than 20% of the worlds population. Just think if you went to China, you'd be able to think you had a big dong in the gents compared to the little Chinese men over there!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 26 Oct - 10:02

Ah, soh! (le)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 26 Oct - 10:02

coxy0001 wrote:Juniper or whatever the staple Brussels beer is good, makes our staple lager taste even more like rats urine.

VB is another favourite of mine, although is hard to come buy unless you're in the convicts bar (walkabout).

Just stick to Carlsberg though for session drinking, for some reason i actually quite like it.

Nothing wrong with VB coxy, always have it when I go to the Walkabout. It's either that or snakebite, it really depends on whether I want to vomit later or not.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct - 10:06

sodhat wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Juniper or whatever the staple Brussels beer is good, makes our staple lager taste even more like rats urine.

VB is another favourite of mine, although is hard to come buy unless you're in the convicts bar (walkabout).

Just stick to Carlsberg though for session drinking, for some reason i actually quite like it.

Nothing wrong with VB coxy, always have it when I go to the Walkabout. It's either that or snakebite, it really depends on whether I want to vomit later or not.

Ah Snakey B. We went through a phase of Snakey B Sundays a while back. Not making it home one night due to getting lost in a field wasn't the one.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Oct - 10:07

Did you really just call it Snakey B?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 26 Oct - 10:09

Slightly off topic, but has anyone ever eaten a cheese called Stinking Bishop?

I had some over the weekend and it very nearly made me sick. I can still smell and taste it now. Foul stuff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct - 10:11

rowley wrote:Did you really just call it Snakey B?

Yes, as we sang a song about it at uni to the tune of Let it Be by the Beatles. Is that ok with you Rotley?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 26 Oct - 10:11

So I am "pretending" I like the taste of cheese. How very condescending of you, Tino. I shall bear your thoughts in mind next time I go cheese shopping, and not buy any cheese for fear of upsetting you.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 26 Oct - 10:12

Always preferred carling to carlsberg.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 26 Oct - 10:12

coxy0001 wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Ah Snakey B. We went through a phase of Snakey B Sundays a while back. Not making it home one night due to getting lost in a field wasn't the one.

I've grown to despise the stuff, if only for the inevitable pinky red stains on my clothes the morning after.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 26 Oct - 10:13

Fists of Fury wrote:Always preferred carling to carlsberg.
I prefer being slapped in the face to being kicked in the nuts.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 26 Oct - 10:15

Union Cane wrote:So I am "pretending" I like the taste of cheese. How very condescending of you, Tino. I shall bear your thoughts in mind next time I go cheese shopping, and not buy any cheese for fear of upsetting you.

Eh?

That bears no resemblance to your patronising post, you bizarre horse. I just asked a simple question, didn't make reference to anyone else. Poor effort at having a dig, Union. Expect better from you.

Not sure what I have done to upset you recently but you have been quite vile towards me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Oct - 10:16

coxy0001 wrote:
rowley wrote:Did you really just call it Snakey B?

Yes, as we sang a song about it at uni to the tune of Let it Be by the Beatles. Is that ok with you Rotley?

No

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 26 Oct - 10:19

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Slightly off topic, but has anyone ever eaten a cheese called Stinking Bishop?

I had some over the weekend and it very nearly made me sick. I can still smell and taste it now. Foul stuff.

I'm not sure I'd purchase a cheese called Stinking Bishop for fear of it's origin.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 26 Oct - 10:19

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
trottb wrote:Tina/Michaels, where do you tend to get your wines from?

A little wine shop in a town near me called Hitchin. Met the guy that owns it at a works do. His company were catering and when he told me where his shop was, it turned out it was only 20 minutes down the road. He is a genuine expert and I follow his advice on what is a good wine and good vintage as and when they arrive. We are good friends now and he is yet to let me down. It is very pricey, but he does me a good deal most of the time. You can get great wines in supermarkets now though, the days of crappy supermarket wines are long gone. Seany is right about Aldi, if you want a dead easy red wine to drink, they do a fantastic Pinot Noir that is dirt cheap but lovely to knock back if you just want something quick and easy. Obviously I try very hard to avoid been seen in Aldi, but sometimes needs must.

Tend to get mine from virgin wines which are always pretty good and only cheap at between £7-15 a bottle. They also do a wine bank in which you get an extra quid per 5 spent. Don't claim to be a wine connisiuer by any means but do enjoy a glass of red.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 26 Oct - 10:21

A 'Blastaway', which was a bottle of Castaway and a bottle of Diamond White cider poured into a pint glass was the preferred method of vomit inducement when I was but a young man.

I once had three of these, then vomited, in a projectile style, right into an ashtray that was on the table in front of me.

The room resembled a multi-coloured version of the Trevi Fountain.

Happy days.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 26 Oct - 10:22

It was on a cheese board in a restaurant and I was been goading into eating it. I was basically showing off and stuck a big chunk in my gob and then regretted it. I genuinely gagged, it was that disgusting.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 26 Oct - 10:23

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It was on a cheese board in a restaurant and I was been goading into eating it. I was basically showing off and stuck a big chunk in my gob and then regretted it. I genuinely gagged, it was that disgusting.
But did you have any cheese?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 26 Oct - 10:24

I love a good cheese and Stinking Bishop is a beauty.

I think it may be made differently to most cheeses. I'll go on google.

The distinctive odour comes from the process with which the cheese is washed during its ripening; it is immersed in perry made from the local Stinking Bishop pear (from which the cheese gets its name) every four weeks while it matures. The process is said to have links with that used by local Cistercian monks who have long been associated with the production of washed rind cheeses.[2]

To increase the moisture content and to encourage bacterial activity, salt is not added until the cheese is removed from its mould. Air bubbles form in the mould, giving the finished cheese an Emmental-like appearance when sliced.[citation needed]

Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 26 Oct - 10:24

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It was on a cheese board in a restaurant and I was been goading into eating it. I was basically showing off and stuck a big chunk in my gob and then regretted it. I genuinely gagged, it was that disgusting.

Spit or swallow?

Sorry.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 26 Oct - 10:25

Scottrf wrote:
But did you have any cheese?

Predictable.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 26 Oct - 10:26

Well, you do leave yourself open (pun intended).

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 26 Oct - 10:27

A 'Blastaway', which was a bottle of Castaway and a bottle of Diamond White cider poured into a pint glass was the preferred method of vomit inducement when I was but a young man.

I once had three of these, then vomited, in a projectile style, right into an ashtray that was on the table in front of me.

Happy days.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 26 Oct - 10:30

Union Cane wrote:A 'Blastaway', which was a bottle of Castaway and a bottle of Diamond White cider poured into a pint glass was the preferred method of vomit inducement when I was but a young man.

Happy days.

laughing Very Happy Yahoo clap Laugh OK
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 26 Oct - 10:31

Anyone ever done the Bailey's and Lime cordial one? Cement mixer I've heard it called....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct - 10:32

Never been a big cheese man personally. Don't mind some stuff but some just smells like my cricket socks after i've left them with my keeping inners in the bag for a week.

Like soft fruity cheese personally, raspberry stuff etc

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 26 Oct - 10:33

The Tino of the cheese world then.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 26 Oct - 10:37

If Tinker was a cheese, I'd have him down as a mild cheddar. Bland, uninspiring, but relatively inoffensive to those with low expectations.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 26 Oct - 12:00

I like a bit of cheese and wine. Borolo is my current favourite.

I drink Guinness but am partial to Belgian beer. I have a mate who lives in Belgium and I've been over to visit her. It's true what they say Belgian's are boring. I eventually found some local alchoholics who managed to drink 4 beers in one night.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct - 12:11

Strongback wrote:I like a bit of cheese and wine. Borolo is my current favourite.

I drink Guinness but am partial to Belgian beer. I have a mate who lives in Belgium and I've been over to visit her. It's true what they say Belgian's are boring. I eventually found some local alchoholics who managed to drink 4 beers in one night.

They didn't take kindly to us in Brussels. Vague memories of ending up in an Irish bar singing Hey Jude on the tables.

Got in trouble for leaving the table without actually handing the money over as well even though we said it was in there. Got so sick of listening to some Franglais muppets trying to divide the bill up by who exactly had what we just walked out after leaving the cash inside the leather wallet they give you.

Bunch of weirdos. Beer festival in the main square (from memory it had spire towers, might've been a cathedral, can't remember) was awesome though.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 26 Oct - 12:21

Why would you go to an Irish Bar in Belgium?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct - 12:41

Scottrf wrote:Why would you go to an Irish Bar in Belgium?

Because we were looking for a bit of live music and atmosphere? Had to leave the bar we were in that wasn't too bad as one of the guys got into an altercation with some locals who were taking the mick out of us in Franglais, sadly said friend spoke fluent French and it all kicked off a bit. Needless to say they inherited the white flag waving mentality from the French and that was only against 1 guy.

Lovely city to take the mrs i'd imagine, very pretty to look at the but the locals are dull as anything. Wanted a bit more of a lively time and some locals took exception, others quite enjoyed us getting them involved in the banter, drinking games etc

I'd rather drink with scousers to be honest

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 26 Oct - 12:45

coxy0001 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Why would you go to an Irish Bar in Belgium?

Because we were looking for a bit of live music and atmosphere? Had to leave the bar we were in that wasn't too bad as one of the guys got into an altercation with some locals who were taking the mick out of us in Franglais, sadly said friend spoke fluent French and it all kicked off a bit. Needless to say they inherited the white flag waving mentality from the French and that was only against 1 guy.

Lovely city to take the mrs i'd imagine, very pretty to look at the but the locals are dull as anything. Wanted a bit more of a lively time and some locals took exception, others quite enjoyed us getting them involved in the banter, drinking games etc

I'd rather drink with scousers to be honest

Belgians can't be that bad

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 26 Oct - 14:03

Scottrf wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Notice a few Belgian classics on there Scott. Have you tried Bruges Zot? It's the last remaining trappist beer actually brewed exlusively in Bruges/Brugge (there's a good brewery tour if you ever go there) and is absolutely delicious.

For Brit ales you can't beat Bombadier in my opinion, with Speckled Hen and Doom Bar close runners up and Honeydew a summery alternative.
No I haven't. I think you'd struggle to get it over here, never been to Belgium. What would you compare it to/style?

Yeah I drink Bombardier/Speckled Hen on tap, but find Fullers 1945 and ESB a bit more interesting.

Not sure really, if you ever get to a Belgos restaurant they serve it but it's the only place over here I've seen it. Bruges is great, can do it from London in a day trip driving but it's a push (unless you split the driving responsibility) but you can get a cheap(ish) hotel and just stay over the night easy enough. There's a great pub there that has an entire beer menu about 3-4 inches thick, contains over 400 beers. And they have the speciality glass to go with each variety of beer too. There's plenty of cultural stuff to do and lots of chocolate in case you need to convince the missus this beer-meccah is worth a trip!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 26 Oct - 14:05

Well I am thinking of a trip to Europe sometime this year!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 26 Oct - 14:07

Anyone seen 'In Bruges'?

Dribbled in me kegs watching that.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Oct - 14:20

Union Cane wrote:Anyone seen 'In Bruges'?

Dribbled in me kegs watching that.

I've seen it Union, Colin Farrell normally annoys me but really enjoyed that film, that bit where he nikcs that nose bag off that girl made me chuckle quite a lot.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 26 Oct - 14:40

Couldn't find any suitable quotes to post on here, the language is rather fruity.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/quotes
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 26 Oct - 15:08

My drink of choice is the beers with tequila in, Amigos or Desperados.

Has anyone tried Ruddles? That is probably the worst drink I've had the misfortune of ever drinking.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 26 Oct - 15:09

Ruddles isn't that bad, I’m presuming you haven’t had many IPA style beers?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 26 Oct - 15:10

My dad loves Ruddles bellchees, it's not something I can get in to. He also loves IPA, and I just don't get it...

I'm not a big fan of Desperados, I found it a bit sickly and sweet. I do like Corona or Sol though, but I tend to only drink it in the summer, as adverts have conditioned me to not need to think for myself any longer.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 26 Oct - 15:29

When I was at Leeds Uni (a short stint) they used to run a night called the Tequila Society at a smallish club. Can't remember the exact details now but it was around 40p a shot. On pretty much every occasion I went there, Paramedics would be called in to strecther people away. I heard ait was shut down a a couple of years after i left.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 26 Oct - 15:58

sodhat wrote:My dad loves Ruddles bellchees, it's not something I can get in to. He also loves IPA, and I just don't get it...

I'm not a big fan of Desperados, I found it a bit sickly and sweet. I do like Corona or Sol though, but I tend to only drink it in the summer, as adverts have conditioned me to not need to think for myself any longer.

'Brahma', the Brazilian version of Corona/Sol, is also a nice summer lager.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 26 Oct - 16:00

Used to drink bitter in my uni days, used to steal ruddles county from the old man hence the acquired taste. Used to quite like a bit of London Pride & Brakespear. Used to be partial to Caffreys/any smooth bitters as well.. Had one the other day and wondered what was wrong with me 10 years ago, was horrid.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 26 Oct - 16:01

You're a southerner wouldn't know a decent bitter if you fell over it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 26 Oct - 16:01

Scottrf wrote:Well I am thinking of a trip to Europe sometime this year!

Ha, well if you're looking for somewhere convenient and cheap (ie no flight costs or multiple night stayovers) but where you need to drag the missus along it's a great shout. If 'she' isn't going to be a factor however I'd definitely recommend Budapest or Berlin ahead of it!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 26 Oct - 16:02

coxy0001 wrote:Used to drink bitter in my uni days, used to steal ruddles county from the old man hence the acquired taste. Used to quite like a bit of London Pride & Brakespear. Used to be partial to Caffreys/any smooth bitters as well.. Had one the other day and wondered what was wrong with me 10 years ago, was horrid.

Caffreys - my first ever pint! Still quite partial to it to this day......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next