The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dodgers to be sold

4 posters

Go down

dodgers to be sold  Empty dodgers to be sold

Post by rich1uk Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:00 pm

well now frank mccourt has got his divorce out of the way hes decided to sell the club

expectations are the club could sell for as much as $1B but it probbaly wont be a quick process

leaves the club a bit in limbo again as for what might happen during the off-season

the club is a bit of a conundrum tbh , three players won gold gloves in last nights award, it has the favourite for the NL cy young and one of the leading contenders for NL MVP. you would think with those type of players around it really should be performing better and when you add the club's history and market potential it should be an attractive proposition for potential buyers you would think

rich1uk

Back to top Go down

dodgers to be sold  Empty Re: dodgers to be sold

Post by Luke Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:27 pm

Whilst i agree that you would think the club is an attractive propsition on paper, and the potential is certainly there, and in the L.A/california market you would expect a buyer quite quickly.
But the stadium is showing it's age, and needs a major referb, plus apparently it's not a safe place to watch baseball, the squad while not needing major surgery does need a Some major improvements. And they need it soon, as while i didn't expect Arizona to do as well as last year, you can bet that they are going to bring in players, along with the Giants who were a major disapointment, and will want to get back to the type of season they had in 2010. And if the Dodgers don't get bought quick they could be left behind.
I hope they are bought quite quickly, as i have a slight soft spot for them, as i think many baseball fans do.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by rich1uk Thu 26 Jan 2012, 4:05 am

i see stan kroenke is one of the bidders , could do with sending some of that cash arsenal's way atm

rich1uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:00 pm

Stan Kroenke's bid to buy the Dodgers has been rejected, as a consortium headed by Magic Johnson have bought the club for a record breaking $2 billion (about £1.26 billion).
The sum makes the Dodgers the most expensive sports club in history.
Good luck to them, hope they can turn the fortunes of this famous club around.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:28 pm

Interesting that Hershiser was part of a group that bowed out when the bidding reached $1.2B. He then thought the highest possible ceiling might be about $1.6B.
So is Magic's (etc) successful bid of $2B way ott, or does that accurately reflect the value of the Team?

Time will tell presumably, but these are huge disparities in the value of a sports franchise.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sat 31 Mar 2012, 7:20 pm

Just Magic!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 01 Apr 2012, 2:53 am

kwinigolfer wrote:Interesting that Hershiser was part of a group that bowed out when the bidding reached $1.2B. He then thought the highest possible ceiling might be about $1.6B.
So is Magic's (etc) successful bid of $2B way ott, or does that accurately reflect the value of the Team?

Time will tell presumably, but these are huge disparities in the value of a sports franchise.

I think the bid is way ott (it's double what the Cubs were sold for), as not only the team but ground need overhauling, the next couple of seasons should be very intresting for Dodgers fans. As i would presume for that amount of money the new owners would expect success fairly quickly.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Thu 12 Apr 2012, 1:19 pm

5-1 on the season, Bills great out of the block, Kemp tearing it up, Dee Gordon stealing bases like no tomorrow.......Just Magic!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down