The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maguire and Carvell added to England squad to face Australia

2 posters

Go down

Maguire and Carvell added to England squad to face Australia  Empty Maguire and Carvell added to England squad to face Australia

Post by Kenny Thu 03 Nov 2011, 3:52 pm

Steve McNamarra has named an unchanged 17 but has added Danny Maguire and Gareth Carvell making the it a 19 man squad to face Australia on saturday .

Hope they both make the team . Carvell especially as we could use his strength in the pack or off the bench .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Maguire and Carvell added to England squad to face Australia  Empty Re: Maguire and Carvell added to England squad to face Australia

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:32 am

Both are very capable of making a impact from the bench. Carvell is very strong and Maguire with his pace could be deadly against a tiring Aussie defence.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Maguire and Carvell added to England squad to face Australia  Empty Re: Maguire and Carvell added to England squad to face Australia

Post by Kenny Fri 04 Nov 2011, 11:36 am

Who drops out ? Wilkin ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 11:47 am

I would assume that either Wilkin or Jones-Buchanon would miss out in place of Carvell. Can't see McGuire making the squad as we already have Chase, Widdop and Sinfield to cover the half backs so not much need for him.

Having Carvell on the bench would be a better option as we could rotate our props and keep them fresh throughout the game.

Feel that where we'll lose the game is down the flanks as don't think Briscoe will be able to cope against the aussie's. Bet he receives most of the kicks in the game tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:36 pm

Yeh i think they will target him and Tomkins , i can see Tomkins getting a real working over .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 05 Nov 2011, 2:26 am

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Yeh i think they will target him and Tomkins , i can see Tomkins getting a real working over .
If they target Tomkins with kicks and they dont get in right Tomkins will run them ragged.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 05 Nov 2011, 12:04 pm

I hope so , just think he will be the one they try and rough up .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down