The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Manager To Go?

+17
Kay Fabe
Beer
Fernando
Y2James
jamestoney'spiemachine
A Fine Folk.
jro786
Kenny
liverbnz
Josiah Maiestas
Bull
legendkillar
Crimey
ncfc_Tooze
The_Essence_of_Excellence
President Trump
The Special Juan
21 posters

Go down

Who will be the next manager to be fired?

Next Manager To Go? Vote_lcap14%Next Manager To Go? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Next Manager To Go? Vote_lcap60%Next Manager To Go? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 21 ]
Next Manager To Go? Vote_lcap0%Next Manager To Go? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Manager To Go? Vote_lcap0%Next Manager To Go? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Manager To Go? Vote_lcap20%Next Manager To Go? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 7 ]
Next Manager To Go? Vote_lcap6%Next Manager To Go? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 35

Next Manager To Go? Empty Next Manager To Go?

Post by The Special Juan Mon 07 Nov 2011, 2:23 pm

It's that time of the season when owners get itchy trigger fingers, so who do you think will be the first one to go this season?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Next Manager To Go? Empty Re: Next Manager To Go?

Post by President Trump Mon 07 Nov 2011, 2:27 pm

Villas-Boas

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Nov 2011, 2:50 pm

has to be steve kean surely....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Essence_of_Excellence Mon 07 Nov 2011, 3:06 pm

Kean for me.

Their backers are clueless and the fans are angry and I can definately see them in the Championship next year.

The_Essence_of_Excellence

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 07 Nov 2011, 3:11 pm

surely between kean and martinez

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 07 Nov 2011, 4:47 pm

I just can't see any other than Steve Kean, I would expect next favourite is Steve Bruce, but he seems to have the backing of the board, so not sure.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Nov 2011, 5:07 pm

Has to be Kean. I do wonder if Martinez now regrets turning down the Villa job as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 07 Nov 2011, 5:13 pm

As a Blackburn fan it does pi$$ me off to see that baffoon Kean still in post. Not sure what the KFC Wannabe's were thinking when they hired the guy. Yes he has some promising youngsters, but a manager like Kean is not sounding out ambition to the players or to the fans.

Please chicken farmers, get rid of Kean!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 07 Nov 2011, 5:49 pm

got to be Kean

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Nov 2011, 5:50 pm

it wont be Martinez. Dave Whelan rates him highly.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 07 Nov 2011, 6:44 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I just can't see any other than Steve Kean, I would expect next favourite is Steve Bruce, but he seems to have the backing of the board, so not sure.

Niall Quinn left the board so Bruce lost his most faithful backer. However, Sunderland will be fine on the basis that there are worse teams in the league than them. They'll come good after New Year when they finally gel. He brought in something like 13 new players over Summer.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 07 Nov 2011, 6:45 pm

I don't blame Steve Kean, I just think that Venky's haven't got a clue about anything football related. I don't like Allardyce, but Blackburn suited him and vice versa. You get solidity with Allardyce and I don't know what they expected after firing him.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:15 pm

I don't think Martinez will get sacked even if (when) they are relegated, Whelan has always liked him and regards him a club legend, sadly Roberto just can't get results in this league.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:17 pm

TSC wrote:I don't blame Steve Kean, I just think that Venky's haven't got a clue about anything football related. I don't like Allardyce, but Blackburn suited him and vice versa. You get solidity with Allardyce and I don't know what they expected after firing him.
Agreed, I think the problem was that Sam is a big character, and would stand his ground to owners decisions/requests. Steve Kean is probably just a puppet with Venky's making the football related decisions.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:51 pm

TSC wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I just can't see any other than Steve Kean, I would expect next favourite is Steve Bruce, but he seems to have the backing of the board, so not sure.

Niall Quinn left the board so Bruce lost his most faithful backer. However, Sunderland will be fine on the basis that there are worse teams in the league than them. They'll come good after New Year when they finally gel. He brought in something like 13 new players over Summer.

You could say the same every year about Bruce. There has to be a time when he actually produces more than the mid season purple patch before falling away after reaching the 40 points mark. He's been there how long now? His turnover of players must also be colossal.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:09 pm

In fairness to Bruce he does find good talents for clubs; Palacios used to be top class before Spurs ruined him, along with Antonio Valencia. Elmohamady is another top player who was unknown in Europe. Just a shame that he ruins this with signings like Brown, Anton F, and mercenaries like Gyan.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:13 pm

I would have to say Kean , fan pressure will tell eventually ...they should never of sacked Big Sam .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:16 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:In fairness to Bruce he does find good talents for clubs; Palacios used to be top class before Spurs ruined him, along with Antonio Valencia. Elmohamady is another top player who was unknown in Europe. Just a shame that he ruins this with signings like Brown, Anton F, and mercenaries like Gyan.

I'm near sure either one or both of Palacios and Valencia were recommended by Wenger (why didn't he recommend them to himself one may ask!) so I'm not sure how much credit Bruce can take for either.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:19 pm

I think Venky's may well be the shortest lived owners in Premier League history... They know nothing. (I'm going to get turned into a pasty for saying that Smile )
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:23 pm

TSC wrote:I think Venky's may well be the shortest lived owners in Premier League history... They know nothing. (I'm going to get turned into a pasty for saying that Smile )

I agree TSC. Being a Blackburn fan and all the criticism aimed at them on and off the pitch is un-defendable. For me it is the saddest time I can remember as a Rovers fan. My fear is not only will we go down, but also stay down Sad

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Tue 08 Nov 2011, 4:43 pm

kean
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:36 pm

legendkillar wrote:
TSC wrote:I think Venky's may well be the shortest lived owners in Premier League history... They know nothing. (I'm going to get turned into a pasty for saying that Smile )

I agree TSC. Being a Blackburn fan and all the criticism aimed at them on and off the pitch is un-defendable. For me it is the saddest time I can remember as a Rovers fan. My fear is not only will we go down, but also stay down Sad

I would say cheer up, but I can't think of anything that would cheer you up. To be fair, you were unlucky to get nothing against Chelsea and your team did chuck away 2 points against Norwich.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:44 pm

Gotta be Stevey Kean, doing a horrible job.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:08 pm

TSC wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

I would say cheer up, but I can't think of anything that would cheer you up. To be fair, you were unlucky to get nothing against Chelsea and your team did chuck away 2 points against Norwich.

Well that has been the story so far this season. Do well in matches and lose our advantage or just not take our chances. You can't afford to do none of the 2 and expect to be safe. I think losing John Williams was massive. He was what David Dein was to Arsenal. He knew when to make the right decisions and did all he could for Blackburn. I think he was mis-sold a dream by the Venky's and I think is looking back with much bitterness and regret. The Venky's need to do what Williams did back in 2008 when he sacked Ince. I am not a fan of sacking and felt it was too soon to sack Ince, yet it proved the right decision because we stayed up. I can only hope they follow the same logic. If they leave it late, like Charlton did with Les Reed in 2006 we could end up like them.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Nov 2011, 5:59 pm

I think Bruce will do well to last the season. He's faired no better than Roy Keane up there in all honesty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 10 Nov 2011, 2:25 pm

According to The Mirror Kean has signed a new improved contract ! Venky's really dont know what they are doing if thats true .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011, 2:44 pm

I know it's might sound ludicrous but surely Moyes has taken Everton as far as he can. To be postioned just outside the relegation with a starting XI that they possess is extremely poor in my opinion. Surely the new owner of Everton (when it eventually happens) will want to bring in their own man for the job. Time for change at Everton and begin a new era. No doubt Moyes did a great job but times up. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestoney'spiemachine Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:20 pm

non of the above

kean is supposed to be getting a new and improved deal!!!!

my pick would be martin jol

jamestoney'spiemachine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:28 pm

Really? I think Jol is doing a decent job at Fulham. Ok, they're not doing fantastic in the PL, but they're doing well in Europe and could probably go quite far in it.

That's funny about Kean receiving a new deal. That's either a false story, or Venky's really don't know anything about football.

"Oh, the Championship sounds better than the Premiership. Let's compete there instead..."
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by jamestoney'spiemachine Thu 10 Nov 2011, 4:17 pm

i'm thinking that, while doing well in europe this could impact on league form in the long run,they dont have a big squad and injuries could play a big part. i too like jol and fulham put lose the next few games and the pressure may be on.

europe is saving jol from any stickat this moment

jamestoney'spiemachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Thu 17 Nov 2011, 12:53 pm

Should be Keen but cant see it if the murmerings about a new contract are true. Cant see any of the others going. Martinez and Coyle are club men and safe for the moment and I reckon even if they go down they will get a chance. Bruce has spent too much to be sacked without a chance to shine this season and next and Moyes will never be sacked as he is performing a miracle where he is with a smaller budget than Swansea.

Going to make a plump for (and I know its controversial but...) AVB as a couple of losses over the next month or 2 and they are totally out of the Prem, and Hiddink is about to become the Director of Football getting ready to jump into his grave!

Either that or Mike Ashley follows suit and Sacks Pardew for doiong to well Very Happy (and that wasnt a swip at the club only the owner as I they are doing amazing so far especially with no strikers, although his strange decisions do seem to be paying off at the moment!)

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 20 Nov 2011, 6:39 pm

I came here to say "AVB anyone?" but seeing the post above has made me think his time is running out (ironically it was listening to Muse that made me think that) Smile Abramovich must be getting fidgety.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 20 Nov 2011, 7:36 pm

Guus was loved at chelsea so id seriously be watching my back at chelsea if i was Andre, Be the usual Roman firing as well no time to change anything.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:32 pm

After today's result I've changed my mind. I expect Bruce to be going any day now. Unforgivable today (even though it wasn't his fault).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 27 Nov 2011, 2:23 pm

I think its a toss up between Bruce and Kean expect both to be gone before january .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:00 pm

So Bruce it is then. No man more deserving. Spent millions on a huge revolving door of players for similar results every year.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 30 Nov 2011, 9:23 pm

Yeah after that result against Wigan there was no chance of him staying on. Steve Kean will porably survive until Blackburn get relegated into the conference Very Happy
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 30 Nov 2011, 9:43 pm

I'd just like to say thank you to Steve Bruce for everything he did...............

For Newcastle!!!! Laugh

SMB's!

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 30 Nov 2011, 11:03 pm

I think Davie Moyes has the safest job in England, don't know why he's made that list to be honest

I can see him going to Spurs next Summer when Redknapp goes to England and Mark Hughes will take the Everton job

Kean's an obvious but you have to think if he was gonna go he'd be out by now, Owney Coyle could be in danger, I've got faith he'll keep Bolton up but whether he's given the time to do it is a different matter

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 30 Nov 2011, 11:28 pm

The daft thing is Bruce will walk into another job , when his win ratio is terrible .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 01 Dec 2011, 8:23 am

Y2James,

Newcastle have no strikers?! We have the 4th highest goalscorer in the league.

Best
Ba
King Shola

Granted they aren't 'world class' but they are strikers and they are all getting goals.

I think I plumped for Kean but it's him or AVB for me. Kean's new contract must have some sort of clause about relegation. As for AVB, I don't buy the hype. And I'm pretty sure Abramovic wouldnt miss that pay off money, but, crucially he hasnt yet stamped his mark on the squad, he still has the 'old guard'.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 01 Dec 2011, 8:48 am

Firstly, I want to say that I havent commented on the Gary Speed thread at all as I am really quite upset about it.

For those who know me well, they will testify that I always cited speed as my favourite ever player. I didnt want him to get the Wales job but he proved me wrong.

The reason why I am saying this is not as some condolensce but as maybe still a raw subject but valid nonetheless.

Do you think that any of the people sacked and mentioned for new jobs on this thread might fancy the Wales gig?

A team on the rise and very high profile due to the nature of Speeds death.

Who do you think might apply? (to be honest, I can only see John Hartson getting it due to the circumstances and feel good nature of the appointment)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 01 Dec 2011, 9:07 am

I have absolutely no idea who should take on the Wales job. I don't even know how they go about starting to find someone.

And the person who does has in some ways the easiest, and in some ways the most difficult team-talk ever to give in that first game.

John Hartson, I think he's one hell of a player, and a man, but there's something about him that whenever I see him on telly talking about matches - he just doesn't seem to me to be as tactically astute as other pundits. He was doing the Wales vs England game - and some of the things he was saying were just wrong.

But I, like you, also said Speed was the wrong choice and we should have taken a foreign manager. So what do I know? After this tragedy, the only choice is a Welshman this time around - because they'll know what the players are feeling.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 01 Dec 2011, 9:13 am

the-gaffer wrote:I think Davie Moyes has the safest job in England, don't know why he's made that list to be honest

I can see him going to Spurs next Summer when Redknapp goes to England and Mark Hughes will take the Everton job

I think Moyes has the Manchester United job sown up and already agreed. I think he's had it for years.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:46 pm

ED, the only guy I see taking that job is Jose Mourinho, I just can't see a club the size of United taking a guy on who has zero experiance in the Champions League

As for the Wales job, I think it'd be great to see Mark Hughes take it, I know he's got Premiership ambitions but due to the whole nature of what's happened I think it'd be a great touch if he went back to Wales for the World Cup qualifiers, if they don't qualify then he can walk next November, it's hardly a long term dedication but for a short term fix I think it'd be the best result

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:55 pm

Fergie said once that whenever he thinks of the next United manager, he thinks of Moyes.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:03 pm

O'Neil next Wales manager?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:58 pm

Atila wrote:Fergie said once that whenever he thinks of the next United manager, he thinks of Moyes.

There is no doubt that Davie Moyes is well respected, the fact he's done 10 years with Everton and made them a top 6-8 side, I just believe that the jump from Everton to Man Utd is just to steep, if he moves to Spurs for talking sake to take over from Redknapp and makes the CL and even pushes for the title then he'd be ready or at least better prepared

Everton are a big club but after the mess they where in when Moyes took over expectations weren't that high, he's punched above nis weight for years but with Aston Villa. Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City & Man Utd all being bought over during his tenure expectations have never been too high

Plus you also have to take the whole Wayne Rooney situation into account, there is a lot of bad blood there

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:34 pm

I can definitely seeing Mark Hughes giving the Wales job another go, especially if no big club comes in for him, which I can't see to be honest. But like you, I can see Hartson given the job back off of the success of Speed, as a respected player, but with little experience as a manager. I'm not convinced he would be good enough for it though, but a lot of the recent good work for Wales has been based on getting more passion in playing internationally rather than amazing tactics.

I'm really not sure if AVB will go, it would be harsh I think, as he has barely had chance to mark the team whose core is now old and just not performing. He's in a Catch 22 scenario, he can't just get rid of the old guard all at once and leave the team without experience and without gelling, but I can't see him progressing until the guys like Lampard, Terry, Drogba and co are gone because they clearly have too much influence in the dressing room, despite the fact that their on the pitch performances don't deserve it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 01 Dec 2011, 5:44 pm

Yeah Moyes was there because I changed "leave" to "fired" and forgot to remove his name.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down