The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HULL FC sign Martin Aspinwall

2 posters

Go down

HULL FC sign Martin Aspinwall Empty HULL FC sign Martin Aspinwall

Post by Kenny Thu 10 Nov 2011, 2:48 pm

Hull FC sign Castleford Tigers forward Martin Aspinwall

Hull FC have signed back row forward Martin Aspinwall for next season from Super League rivals Castleford.

Wigan-born Aspinwall, 30, who started his career with his hometown club, was switched from the wing to second row during his time at Huddersfield.

He has signed a one-year deal to become Hull's eighth signing for 2012.

Aspinwall's season wih Cas was curtailed when he was handed a four-month prison sentence in June for dangerous driving.

He joins the Black & Whites just a day after Sam Obst left the club as a free agent.

Hull director of Rugby Shaun McRae said: "We have a player in Martin that doesn't just possess plenty of ability as a footballer but a character with a point to prove and someone who is keen to make the most of a fresh start and make an impression at a new club.

"He adds competition for places and extra depth in an area of the team we wanted to strengthen, as well as bringing a level of aggression and fierceness that we think will compliment the qualities of the players around him."

Aspinwall, who made appearances for Wigan in both the Grand Final and the Challenge Cup final, said: "It's very humbling and a privilege to be part of this club, with the tradition and the history they have got."
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

HULL FC sign Martin Aspinwall Empty Re: HULL FC sign Martin Aspinwall

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 11 Nov 2011, 1:18 am

I'm just glad he hasn't signed for my club for obvious reasons.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 11 Nov 2011, 1:00 pm

Bit of an odd choice , he's wasn't really setting the world on fire before he was locked up
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down