The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FA reviewing Suarez hand gesture at Fulham fans

+11
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Crimey
d260005p
jro786
liverbnz
Josiah Maiestas
braveheart101
Kay Fabe
GG
JDandfries
Fernando
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FA reviewing Suarez hand gesture at Fulham fans - Page 2 Empty FA reviewing Suarez hand gesture at Fulham fans

Post by Fernando Tue 06 Dec 2011, 12:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Football Association is reviewing a hand gesture made by Liverpool striker Luis Suarez after the 1-0 defeat at Fulham.

Suarez raised the middle finger of his left hand as he left the Craven Cottage pitch on Monday.

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish said: "I have not seen the picture. If [it] is true then I've a decision to make."

Uruguay international Suarez is also facing an FA racism charge.

That stems from an incident during Liverpool's 1-1 draw with Manchester United in October that led to French defender Patrice Evra alleging that Suarez had racially abused him.

The FA is yet to receive the referee's report from the Fulham game, or any complaints about the incident involving Suarez.

Meanwhile, Dalglish said it was "scandalous" that some Fulham fans had chanted "cheat" at Suarez during the match in London.

The Scot defended the striker after home supporters had barracked the player for going down too easily in an attempt to win a penalty.

Of the taunts aimed at Suarez, Dalglish said: "I would like to see you write that in the paper because you would be in a bit of trouble as well. It is about time he got a wee bit of protection."

Dalglish is also considering appealing against Jay Spearing's controversial second-half red card.

The midfielder was sent off after fouling striker Moussa Dembele with his follow-through after a tackle, having initially won the ball.

Dalglish said: "Jay will be upset, but we will have a little look and see whether it is worthwhile appealing.

"I think you need to ask the referees what the interpretation is."

Spearing was shown a straight red card by referee Kevin Friend after 71 minutes, with the score at 0-0, before Clint Dempsey's late winner sealed victory for Fulham to move them 13th in the league.

Dalglish added: "It is frustrating because nobody tells us what the level of acceptance is. Jay had no other thought on his mind other than to win the ball - and he did win it.

"I am not a referee. Sometimes they have been given, sometimes they haven't. As long as they are consistent, there is no problem."

A series of decisions went against Liverpool. Charlie Adam was denied a penalty after being brought down by Philippe Senderos, while Suarez had a strike disallowed for offside.

Discussing the game, Dalglish said: "It could have gone either way but I don't think we were going to get anything tonight, were we?

"The goal Luis Suarez scored that was ruled offside could have gone either way. Charlie Adam could have got a penalty when he was pulled down on the edge of the box.

"Tonight wasn't as well as we've been playing, but it was enough to have won the game. We never got the luck but we have just got to brush ourselves off and get on with it."

source: bbc sport

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

FA reviewing Suarez hand gesture at Fulham fans - Page 2 Empty Re: FA reviewing Suarez hand gesture at Fulham fans

Post by jro786 Thu 08 Dec 2011, 3:34 pm

JDandfries wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
JDandfries wrote:You asked jro786 - that's the reason.

It could be worse we could be spending millions on rubbish and still find ourselves miles behind the best

Nope, I thinking languishing in the Championship and being in denial is worst haha Laugh

We are fourth, hardly languishing AND Andy Carroll would not get into our team!!

there are no excuses for the garbage Kenny has bought, unless of course it is you who is in denial and thinks he has bought well?

i'm not in denial, i'm quite happy kenny is in charge but will wait to judge in may
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

FA reviewing Suarez hand gesture at Fulham fans - Page 2 Empty Re: FA reviewing Suarez hand gesture at Fulham fans

Post by Guest Thu 08 Dec 2011, 3:40 pm

Alot of Liverpool fans are in denial. But don't worry with 'king' kenny in charge I'm sure we'll soon be hearing next year is liverpools year Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 08 Dec 2011, 3:42 pm

jro786 wrote:
JDandfries wrote:

It could be worse we could be spending millions on rubbish and still find ourselves miles behind the best

Nope, I thinking languishing in the Championship and being in denial is worst haha Laugh

We are fourth, hardly languishing AND Andy Carroll would not get into our team!!

there are no excuses for the garbage Kenny has bought, unless of course it is you who is in denial and thinks he has bought well?

i'm not in denial.......

Classic laughing

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:14 pm

JDandfries wrote:

Your proud of 4th. Well I consider 3 seasons in the championship languishing Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:14 pm

JDandfries wrote:Boro are ok, quite happy where we are!!

And that was quite frankly THE WORST come back I have ever heard, you should be ashamed!

Good use of teh smilies though!! Tumbleweed
I bet the Boro board, management and players aren't happy stuck in the Championship

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:17 pm

Very proud of 4th, given the lack of money and squad numbers, very proud indeed!

Languishing, that is spending more than everyone else but falling further behind!!!

I imagine like most people, the players have ambition, but I am not certain about the board, I think they are happy where we are.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:17 pm

gazzyD wrote:Alot of Liverpool fans are in denial. But don't worry with 'king' kenny in charge I'm sure we'll soon be hearing next year is liverpools year Doh

6-1 and couldn't qualify out of the easiest champion league group Laugh. Even middlesbrough would have qualified from that group Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:19 pm

gazzyD wrote:Alot of Liverpool fans are in denial. But don't worry with 'king' kenny in charge I'm sure we'll soon be hearing next year is liverpools year Doh

6-1 and couldn't qualify out of the easiest champion league group Laugh. Even middlesbrough would have qualified from that group Laugh

We probably would have done, I agree

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:19 pm

JDandfries wrote:Very proud of 4th, given the lack of money and squad numbers, very proud indeed!

Languishing, that is spending more than everyone else but falling further behind!!!

I imagine like most people, the players have ambition, but I am not certain about the board, I think they are happy where we are.

Don't think you know what languishing means Laugh

Yer am sure the board don't want premierleague money

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:20 pm

JDandfries wrote:

We probably would have done, I agree

I know thumbsup

I wernt joking

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:21 pm

JDandfries wrote:
CL aside I thought Man City were doing quite well so far this season

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLlpzhWMU5w

this is how you beat Basle!!

I am not sure Man City are doing that well, I just think The CL, showed that the rest, although Chelsea and Arsenal qualified, just showed how bad the rest are nowadays.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:27 pm

Are you for real. City are top of the league and in the semi's of the cup. How much better can they do domestically?

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:30 pm

They can't do any better, but the CL has showed what level they and the rest of the so called 'best league in the world' actually are.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:33 pm

JDandfries wrote:Very proud of 4th, given the lack of money and squad numbers, very proud indeed!

Don't think you know what languishing means Laugh

Yer am sure the board don't want premierleague money

Of course I know what it means, Darlington are languishing..........

Depends how you look at it of course, but Middlesbrough are only 17 places below Liverpool, so perhaps it is Liverpool who are languishing?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:40 pm

JDandfries wrote:They can't do any better, but the CL has showed what level they and the rest of the so called 'best league in the world' actually are.
Man City finished with 10 points which was enough to qualify from 6 of the 8 CL groups

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:41 pm

braveheart101 wrote:
JDandfries wrote:They can't do any better, but the CL has showed what level they and the rest of the so called 'best league in the world' actually are.
Man City finished with 10 points which was enough to qualify from 6 of the 8 CL groups

But not the one they were in?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 08 Dec 2011, 9:38 pm

Man City are having a fabulous season, 10 points from their first CL outing is excellent, unfortunately it wasn'tenough but they'll never be in pot 3 again (even though I'm totally against seedings)

They got caught out a wee bit, it was a steep learning curve but make no mistake, the absolute holy grail for City this year is the Premiership

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri 09 Dec 2011, 11:14 am

Agree, but that 10 points was'nt really 10, lets be honest Bayern put a reserve team out in the last game.

As well as City are doing domestically, I think alot is down to the others being so poor, when have English teams (recently) had trouble getting through the groups?

City will win the league by anwhere between 10 and 20 points this season

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 2:58 pm

JDandfries wrote:Agree, but that 10 points was'nt really 10, lets be honest Bayern put a reserve team out in the last game
Who's to say City wouldn't have beaten a full strength Bayern side and still finished on 10 points.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 12 Dec 2011, 3:02 pm

braveheart101 wrote:
JDandfries wrote:Agree, but that 10 points was'nt really 10, lets be honest Bayern put a reserve team out in the last game
Who's to say City wouldn't have beaten a full strength Bayern side and still finished on 10 points.

Me, I can quite catigorically say, they wouldn't have beaten them!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 13 Dec 2011, 12:00 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Man City are having a fabulous season, 10 points from their first CL outing is excellent, unfortunately it wasn'tenough but they'll never be in pot 3 again (even though I'm totally against seedings)

They got caught out a wee bit, it was a steep learning curve but make no mistake, the absolute holy grail for City this year is the Premiership

Seedings a based on Uefa coffiecient over the last 5 years in Europe. Since City have only really had two mediocre performances. Cant see them rocketing up the rankings.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:34 pm

the-gaffer wrote:d260005p

Firstly I'm not a Red, I'm nuetral, secondly, who would have known about the incident if it wasn't for Der Hun highlighting it so your whole self righteous drivel about him 'offending' everyone at the ground and at home is uneducated at best and desperate hyperbole at worst.

Thirdly, I don't consider it anywhere near as bad as Rooney's, Wayne was quite aggressive and screamed in the lens of a camera at about 1:30pm on a Saturday afternoon, Suarez made a one finger hand gesture at a section of fans who gave him abuse, fans who where to delerous with pride at their teams win to care, it also happened off TV and in anycase well after any watershed

Also to call him "a racist pig" when it hasn't been proven shows you up for what you are and offers the real insght into your mock outrage!

You sir are the one who should "Grow Up"

Suarez guilty of being a racist pig as stated. 8 match ban. What mock outrage were you talking about? Never mind hey.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:41 pm

I would strongly advise the moderators to remove the above comment unless the site wants to be fighting a libel case.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:49 pm

why would they ban a fact that Suarez has been convicted of being a racist by the Football Association? We are on here to talk about football and this is exactly what has happened.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:07 pm

It's a fact is it? Show me exactly where the FA have 'convicted Suarez of being a racist'.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:16 pm

This charge is not saying Luis Suarez is a racist. It's saying, on this occasion, he used racist language.

Clear difference.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:17 pm

"Liverpool's Luis Suarez has been handed an eight-match ban and a £40,000 fine by the Football Association after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16186556.stm

Check the first paragraph of the link Mr Liverpool, which clearly states that the FA has found Suarez guilty of Racial Abuse. Which in a certain term is a convicted racist. Hence the ban and fine (usually what happens after being convicted of an alleged offence - in this case RACISM).

There is no place for it in the game and if i had it my way he would be banned from the Premier League or Football in general, as should John Terry if he is convicted as a "racist pig" aswell.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:19 pm

Macclads (formerly Hero) wrote:This charge is not saying Luis Suarez is a racist. It's saying, on this occasion, he used racist language.

Clear difference.

That is absolutely ridiculous. If i was to turn around and cause offence to another race by using language relating to that race, then im just using racist language and im not racist?! What?! I dont think so.

If some white person turns to a black person and slates him/her for the colour of their skin or in relation to their ethnic background, then they are a racist.

Is this board full of Liverpool Fans?!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:23 pm

No I'm actually a Man Utd fan.

And the quote I used there was actually taken by the chairman of Kick it Out, the anti racism group.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:25 pm

Well he must be in partnership with Mr Blatter if thats the case! Sorry for calling you a liverpool fan. That was harsh.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:25 pm

d260005p wrote:Well he must be in partnership with Mr Blatter if thats the case! Sorry for calling you a liverpool fan. That was harsh.

No person deserves that OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:26 pm

Very Happy

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:28 pm

Also in regards to libellous comments being used on a forum, it is the case that it is the responsibility of the user not the forum for the comments that are posted and if action is taken it is against the user to which we as site owners are required to provide information as to the IP address and contact details of the user.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:29 pm

So do you support Telford d260005p? Or you a glory hunter?

Nah fernando wont tell anyone who he supports Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:31 pm

liverbnz wrote:It's a fact is it? Show me exactly where the FA have 'convicted Suarez of being a racist'.

Not trying to be antagonistic, but its right here...

Luis Suarez Handed 8-Match Ban

Liverpool's Luis Suarez has been handed an eight-match ban and a £40,000 fine by the Football Association after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:31 pm

Negative on that one Soldier! Im a loyal Stoke City fan! Smile

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:32 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:So do you support Telford d260005p? Or you a glory hunter?

Nah fernando wont tell anyone who he supports Laugh

Ive told you before im an Arsenal fan thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:33 pm

Macclads (formerly Hero) wrote:Also in regards to libellous comments being used on a forum, it is the case that it is the responsibility of the user not the forum for the comments that are posted and if action is taken it is against the user to which we as site owners are required to provide information as to the IP address and contact details of the user.

In that case we may have a case against that Livernz person for the ridiculous "i love Suarez" mentallity such as "He isnt racist" or "show me where he has been convicted" etc etc.

He needs to grow up slightly.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:35 pm

Or read the BBC website

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:36 pm

Macclads (formerly Hero) wrote:This charge is not saying Luis Suarez is a racist. It's saying, on this occasion, he used racist language.

Clear difference.

I'd argue against that.

If a person resorts to racist language in the heat of an argument, I'd say they have some level of prejudice against the race / nationality of the person they're arguing with. Whether they habitually display that kind of behaviour or not is another matter. If the sentiment / prejudice is there, then the person is still a racist (in my humble opinion).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:41 pm

Completely agree. But i argued this with the Moderator Macclads about 15 mins ago if you check the posts, and it was a statement taken from the chariman of LETS KICK IT OUT..........an anti-racism campaign!? Just goes to show what kind of people run the footballing world or 3rd party racism campaigns. Just look at Blatter.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:52 pm

Macclads (formerly Hero) wrote:Also in regards to libellous comments being used on a forum, it is the case that it is the responsibility of the user not the forum for the comments that are posted and if action is taken it is against the user to which we as site owners are required to provide information as to the IP address and contact details of the user.

Fair enough Very Happy

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:57 pm

We had the issue raised a while ago in regards to a few comments made against a certain boxer so it was something we extensively investigated as there was no way I was getting into a legal mindfield for it.
Basically the courts ruled that comments on forums are downgraded from libel to slander and they are the views of the individual rather than the forum they are posted on. OK

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:57 pm

Exactly Liverbnz, so wake up and smell the coffee and read the links a few of us have put on here relating to the racial incident regarding Suarez. Then get off his nuts and stop being a fanboy. We are on here to talk about Football and not go round and round in circles.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:58 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:

Clear difference.

I'd argue against that.

If a person resorts to racist language in the heat of an argument, I'd say they have some level of prejudice against the race / nationality of the person they're arguing with. Whether they habitually display that kind of behaviour or not is another matter. If the sentiment / prejudice is there, then the person is still a racist (in my humble opinion).

That would make nearly everyone a racist. To prove that Luis Suarez is a racist, you would have to somehow prove that he believes that it is right is discriminate against another race due to their different traits. Whether it's your opinion or not, you are incorrect. You are basically saying that one instance proves etnernal guilt i.e. if someone says something stupid they are then inherently stupid, which is clearly not the case.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:00 pm

d260005p wrote:Exactly Liverbnz, so wake up and smell the coffee and read the links a few of us have put on here relating to the racial incident regarding Suarez. Then get off his nuts and stop being a fanboy. We are on here to talk about Football and not go round and round in circles.

What you are saying is STILL WRONG, regardless of whether or not they are libel, slander or whatever. Luis Suarez has not be convicted of being a racist. To say otherwise is ONE HUNDRED PER CENT IN. COR. RECT.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:01 pm

Livernz, it is a FACT that Suarez has been convicted of Racial Abuse. Either get over it or stop banging on about it. None of us can be bothered to keep proving you wrong because of your love of Suarez and his innocence. He has been convicted, he has been found guilty and has been hit with the consequences of racial abuse.....simples.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:11 pm

d260005p wrote:Livernz, it is a FACT that Suarez has been convicted of Racial Abuse. Either get over it or stop banging on about it. None of us can be bothered to keep proving you wrong because of your love of Suarez and his innocence. He has been convicted, he has been found guilty and has been hit with the consequences of racial abuse.....simples.

Firstly, you said Luis Suarez was 'convicted of being a racist' of which you were wrong.

Secondly, grow up.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:13 pm

Like i said, if you call someone something offensive with regards to their skin colour or ethnic backround then it is racial abuse. How does this merit him to NOT be a racist? HA!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next