The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 12th***

4 posters

Go down

***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 12th*** Empty ***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 12th***

Post by Grahame1971 Fri 11 Mar 2011, 7:25 pm

Hi All,
Apologies i'm a little late posting this Saturdays tipping competition, hopefully all the usual suspects will be able to take part and we might even get a few 'newbies' join in this weekend. Ok, here goes .... The traditional pre-Cheltenham Saturday meeting at Sandown is the highlight of this Saturdays action with the Paddy Power Imperial Cup the feature race. A real open looking affair with plenty in with a chance of taking the prize and then possibly heading to the festival to pick up the sponsors bonus for winning their race and then any fesitval race. Channel Four take their cameras for a rare visit to Wolverhampton for two races to compliment the four they are showing from Sandown, with an interesting Lincoln trial on the card we'll mix the jumps action with the All Weather and again use the six televised races for the competition. Points scoring will be the same, the rules are below but remember that we need a Nap & Next Best and you can place your stake to win or each way. Again, the links to the race cards are at the bottom of the page -

The Rules

Select One Horse In Each Of The Televised Races - Links to the cards are below
The Races Are - 1.55, 2.25, 3.00 & 3.35 from Sandown and also the 2.10 & 3.20 from Wolverhampton - Don't Forget, You Must Nominate A Nap & A Next Best
Any Non Runners Selected - Will Revert To Favourite Unless Changed Prior To Start Of First Race

Points Scoring

You Have 4 Points To Bet On Your Nap - This Can Be Placed As Either 4Pts Win or 2Pts Each Way
You Have 3 Points To Bet On Your Next Best - This Can Be Placed As Either 3Pts or 1.5Pts Each Way
You Have 2 Points To Bet On Each Of Your Remaining Selections - These Can Be Placed Either As 2pts Win or 1pt Each Way
All Returns Will Be Settled At The Returned S.P.
Any Place (Each Way) Returns Will Be Calcualted As Per Bookmakers Standard Terms (1/4 or 1/5 Odds Depending On Runners etc)
The Winner Will Be The Person With The Most Points After The Final Race
If You Do Not Specify Your Stake To Be Win or Each Way, It Will Automatically Be Placed As Win

Links To The Cards

http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=524609&r_date=2011-03-12
http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=524499&r_date=2011-03-12
http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=524610&r_date=2011-03-12
http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=524611&r_date=2011-03-12
http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=524501&r_date=2011-03-12
http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=524612&r_date=2011-03-12

Last week Racingnut ( king ) showed us the way with a big points total and a couple of nice priced winners ...... Can any of us take his crown this week ? ..... Let the battle commence !!!!

Good Luck All thumbsup

Last edited by Grahame1971 on Sat 12 Mar 2011, 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 12th*** Empty Re: ***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 12th***

Post by Solerina Fri 11 Mar 2011, 10:43 pm

Thanks Grahame.....will post my entries in the morning when I'll have loads of time to give it some careful thought Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 12th*** Empty Re: ***Saturday Tipping Competition - Saturday March 12th***

Post by Grahame1971 Sat 12 Mar 2011, 7:43 am

Here's todays lot to avoid -

1.55 Sandown - Lively Baron 2Pts WIN
2.10 Wolverhampton - Malcheek 1Pt EACH WAY
2.25 Sandown - Appleaday 2Pts WIN
3.00 Sandown - Fiulin (NEXT BEST) 1.5Pts EACH WAY
3.20 Wolverhampton - Final Drive (NAP) 2Pts EACH WAY
3.35 Sandown - Kentford Grey Lady 2Pts WIN

All winners i'm sure ...... laughing

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 12 Mar 2011, 11:03 am

Lol! Grahame!

I'm doing these entries from the Internet Cafe on Button Moon!

My computer died this morning.......Mr.Spoon went out and bought me a new one earlier.....he's at home setting it up as a type this.

It could take him several months lol. So as I needed to come into town I thought I'd do my entries here......that's dedication for you....it's cost me blinkin' £2.50!

It was so funny as there is one of those scary statue people outside and I was too scared to walk close to it......so I waited around till someone else went in then quickly snuck in behind them lol.

Anyway everyone else around me looks so serious doing imoportant stuff and the lady next to me has glanced across at my screen, and there I am looking at the race cards......I expect she thinks I'm a compulsive gambler lol.

Sh*t......my times nearly up lol....here are my entries.

1.55 Sandoown Cucumber Run next best 1.5 points each way

2.10 Wolves Atlantic Story 1 point each way

2.25 Sandown Five Dream nap 4 points win

3.00 Sandown Ronaldo Des Mottes 2 points win

3.20 Wolves Tartan Gigha 1 point each way

Sandown 3.35 Baby Shine 2 points win

Phew....done it......just had to ask the granny beside me where the delete button is......it's so diferrent to what I'm used to.

Hurry up and get your entries in everyone good luck

Se you later...hopefully

Solerina

Last edited by Solerina on Sat 12 Mar 2011, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops I'd put Baby Run instead of Baby Shine Lol.)

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 12 Mar 2011, 12:46 pm

heres six to avoid
invictus 2pt
dunelight 2pt
mon parrain 2pt
prince of fire 2pt ew
suits me 2pt
baby shine 3pt

good luck to all

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 12 Mar 2011, 12:57 pm

I'm up and running on my new computer......so no more internet problems Very Happy

Come on peeps where's ya entries?

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Sat 12 Mar 2011, 1:20 pm

Sorry for the late entries. In the middle of changing Internet provider and off work now or Cheltenham so it's a good job I got trusty iPhone

Right enough of me rambling, let's get onto the business in hand

1.55 sandown - dynaste
2.10 wolves - angels pursuit
2.25 sandown - fit to drive
3.00 sandown - arrayan NEXT BEST
3.20 wolves - nazreef
3.35 sandown - zhakiera spirit NAP

All selections are to win, would like a few winners today to get some confidence for the big week ahead.

Good luck to all

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Sun 13 Mar 2011, 11:53 am

Thanks for the entries guys ... Just the 'Merry Four' entered yesterday ... I've got a plan to get some more involved over the next few weeks by some 'free marketing' left around Cheltenham next week ... Can't do any harm.

Anyway, onto the results ..... Some nice pre-Cheltenham racing at Sandown and in the feature race we saw a decent performance from the Lucy Wadham trained (and Pricewise Tipped) Alarazi who won with a comfortable margin under a decent ride from Dominic Elsworth. Unfortunately none of us managed to find that winner however it was normal service resumed at the top of the leaderboard, with our resident 'tipping superstar' Racingnut finding two lovely priced winners at 9/1 & 9/2 .... The man is on fire !!!!!

Below are the final standings -

Racingnut king - 31 PTS
Grahame - 5 PTS
Solerina - 3.5 PTS
Enigma - 0 PTS

Hopefully those of us having a bet this week at Cheltenham will be able to find some winners ... If not we can always wait to make our fortune following Racingnut on a Saturday over the coming weeks and months.

With regards to next Saturdays competition, as i'm down at Cheltenham all week and not back until Saturday it might be a bit difficult to post a competition on here in decent time. If anybody wants to post one just in case i can't then feel free, I will try to but i can't guarantee.

Thanks guys for taking part again this weekend and enjoy the coming weeks wonderful racing. thumbsup

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 13 Mar 2011, 5:10 pm

Grahame1971 wrote:... I've got a plan to get some more involved over the next few weeks by some 'free marketing' left around Cheltenham next week ... Can't do any harm.

That would be great Very Happy

Thanks for doing the comp this week.......don't worry about next Saturday.........when the dust has settled after Chelts we'll all get our heads together and see how best to promote this racing forum.

Congrats to racingnut for being this week's winner with 31 points!

Have a fantastic time at Cheltenham, Grahame Hug ........hope you pick plenty of winners!

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 13 Mar 2011, 6:41 pm

Have a good Festival Grahame,wish i was going but beggars cant be chosers.If you do get in front,dont give em it back.

All the best Ok!

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down