The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

+99
eirebilly
ReallyReal
Liam
Biltong
XR
President Trump
westisbest
1GrumpyGolfer
B91212
Fists of Fury
Sugar Floyd Louis
JPX
littleswannygirl
bretmeharty
screamingaddabs
Union Cane
Michaels, Sean
huw
TRUSSMAN66
compelling and rich
Josiah Maiestas
Irish Curry
Sir. badgerhands
Celtic Warrior
Cymroglan
Kenny
Gregers
greybeard
Thomond
easthfc
Beer
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Ar aghaidh le cheile
liverbnz
nottins_jones
sodhat
Gaelic-Warrior
Nay
Unknown Brother
Breadvan
dummy_half
Crimey
Cari
longrangeeffort
CFCNick
Luckless Pedestrian
Derbyblue
KilliePieUpNorth2
Chuck Norris
sherm
Doon the Water
racingnut
Il Gialloblu
Mr Bounce
Davie
Pr4wn
MR. scotland27
Sway
Liam_Main
hibbywul
camerajuan
Marsh
GG
Mat
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
ALPanorak
BigPhil
AquaArab
Cheesehead United
Kay Fabe
Blade
Dexter Morgan
scfc1992
Clunge4life
Holymiky
Enforcer
TipToes88
Titch
Fernando
Legend
Haddie-nuff
theundisputedY2D2
hodge
themill72
davidl1061
Solerina
Lex-Express
ADMIN
Bobby Roode
Pal Joey
Perfect Jack
Jammy31
AberdeenSteve
asdral225
Adam D
Kaiser
Dave.
David Tails
Big Daddy Bee
103 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 8 Empty The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Big Daddy Bee Fri 28 Jan 2011, 6:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how gig or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

I shall start this with:

Starburst. They are not Starburst, they are Opel Fruits and always will be. And don't get me started on Snickers. STOP CHANGING THE NAME OF SWEETS!!!! :evil:

Big Daddy Bee

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:47 pm

Opening a packet of crisps and there being three massive crisps and a pile of crumbs. What is the point? I didn't pay for a bag of air!!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Doon the Water Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:00 pm

Steve.

Nearly bagged a red squirrel and two lambs the other day on single track roads with killer log lorries
Saw badgers and even an otter last month
I'm in very rural South Ayrshire on the edge of the Galloway forrest.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:11 pm

Re 'Going Forward'

In the 1980's I used to fine my management team £1 each for every time one of them said 'at the end of the day'
Soon stopped it.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:43 am

On littering, I was in the Tesco car park last week and I went between two cars and there were chicken bones on the floor; I looked and saw that two people were in their car eating chicken and throwing the bones out of the window. Why would you do that? Why would you think that was acceptable?

You have to assume that these people's parents littered themselves. If you see your parents doing something, you assume it's the done thing.

Bustards.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:22 am

People who walk ridiculously slowly and make several random, jutting, direction changes in front of you that makes me want to punch the back of their head.

The Big Mac being made to look so good on the picture at McDonalds, but when you get it it's tiny, and looks like it's been crushed by a tyre. And some year old lettuce slung in.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:32 am

This doesn't really infuriate me, but I'd like an explanation of it: the BBC have a newspaper review at 5.45 every morning and for each story they talk about, they put up a scanned picture of the article on the screen; later, on BBC Breakfast's newspaper review, they get the presenters to hold up the papers to the camera and half the time the camera struggles to get it in focus or the paper's shaking around in the presenter's hands. Why don't they just put up a picture of the article like they do at 5.45?

Yes, I think about this every morning.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:39 am

We don't pay our licence fees for poor newspaper holding!

Also, is there a button or option to remove the sign language people at the side of the screen? I mean, I know they are necessary, but I'm guessing most of the population aren't hard of hearing -- could they not make it a feature you turn on if you need it, as opposed to it just being there?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:46 am

sodhat wrote:We don't pay our licence fees for poor newspaper holding!

Also, is there a button or option to remove the sign language people at the side of the screen? I mean, I know they are necessary, but I'm guessing most of the population aren't hard of hearing -- could they not make it a feature you turn on if you need it, as opposed to it just being there?

I've always thought if I was death the fact you have to get up at dickhead o'clock to get sign language wouldn't grind my gears but would annoy me a little. I suppose subtitles are better as long as you don't get them in a big black block.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:20 am

AberdeenSteve wrote:Opening a packet of crisps and there being three massive crisps and a pile of crumbs. What is the point? I didn't pay for a bag of air!!

That's REALLY annoying! On a similar thing, I went to a coffee place yesterday and ordered a big coffee only to find it was a quarter cup coffee and the rest froth. I took it back and asked to have it topped up and the chap behind the counter was mortified and proceeded to tell me that is how you make coffee. I told him I wasn't concerned with how it was made, just that I ordered a large COFFEE not a mug of froth. Anyway, he did do me a proper one which had much more coffee in it. Now why couldn't he do that the first time?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:23 am

And another thing. Why is it in those plastic tubs of fruit they put a teeny plastic fork in it? People normally eat strawberries, grapes and apples with their bare hands don't they?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:48 am

What about that tiny little paper bag they put with your chips at the chip shop? Is it supposed to make you think they're being really generous?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:56 am

Had exactly the same problem today. I walked into this so called top coffee bar with various 'barrista awards' plastered over every square inch of wall - and ordered my large latte.

Once I'd paid, I was made to wait for about 5 mins (only one other customer in the shop) and then when I pick it up it feels half full! The barrista was so darn arrogant and took his time. I said to him - "Come on mate, fill her up!" The smarty-pants know-all sort of half-baulked at me (about to educate me no doubt!) but before he could get a word in...I followed up with a "Hurry up...can't wait here all day!"

Needless to say it's another place I won't be going back to. My blacklist is growing. The actual coffee wasn't too bad - only slightly overcooked, imo.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:58 am

Yeah, I often find those tiny plastic forks can barely puncture a grape!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 01 Jul 2011, 2:10 pm

The place I went to normally does good coffee, I think it was the guy who served me actually. Sometimes you just have to complain though. I didn't want to but it was ridiculous. A grande coffee should be just that not a mug of milky foam. mug

Why don't they put chips in newspaper anymore?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Jul 2011, 4:11 pm

Yeah, they taste so much better wrapped in newspaper. Maybe because circulations of the major newspapers is dropping...due to the internet, lol.

Here's one.

At a street intersection near where I live, the traffic lights are programmed (at certain times it seems) to favour the main arterial road and not the secondary one which crosses it and which I have to use to get in and out of my place. During peak hour, the main road gets the lion share of green light (fair enough) but when I'm wanting to get on to the main road from the secondary - the lights go green for about 20 seconds...even seems like 10 seconds sometimes. So annoying.

Then when I'm driving along the same main road during the wee hours - and there's not a car in sight - the bloody light seems to detect me and quickly changes to amber/red at the same intersection above. Then the secondary road (which usually is on for about 20 seconds) gets the green light for probably a minute.

I think someone in a traffic control centre is playing mind games with me...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 01 Jul 2011, 5:41 pm

Just do what drivers do here in Cardiff, they pretty much ignore the amber light and go through the reds a lot. That gets on my nerves too, cause I walk everywhere in the city and drivers just don't have the patience to wait for pedestrians to cross.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:43 pm

You always have to expect the unexpected with some drivers.

In the last few years I've noticed a lot of middle aged people carrying shopping bags stranded in the middle of the road - sandwiched between lines of cars.

Sort of reminds me of when I lived in Saigon...it was the norm to see people carrying large sheets of glass, tables and other assorted furniture, buckets of vegetables, even children on their shoulders across chaotic streets - without a care in the world. Everything else just flowed on past them. One of the best ones was a little old lady risking her life crossing a busy road jammed with huge trucks - with a minature glass of iced coffee in her frail hands. It was scary and hilarious at the same time. Erm Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:25 pm

Good debate on Radio Scotland about smoking in a car that has kids as a passenger.
I see this loads of times and I always feel so sorry for kids that are lumbered with parents/ relatives like that.
Anyway.....this old boy comes on and has a right go at young overweight fag smoking female school run drivers. His bottom line was that the government should introduce licences to breed

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:38 pm

Doon the Water wrote:His bottom line was that the government should introduce licences to breed
Sounds like something Jeremy Kyle might say.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:51 pm

Drivers who don't use their indicators and then honk their horns and look at you as if you're an idiot when you cross the road.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:31 pm

People who are in front of you but walk really slow when you're walking through town. You either want to trip them over or punch them in the back of the head. furious

Last edited by nottins_jones on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:33 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Drivers who don't use their indicators and then honk their horns and look at you as if you're an idiot when you cross the road.

Or people just in the wrong lane. They give anyone a driver's licence nowadays...even woman drivers. Whistle
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sat 02 Jul 2011, 3:12 pm

That Kayak ad. I don't think people are that concerned about paying a pound more for airline tickets.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sat 02 Jul 2011, 7:12 pm

That one kid at school who is just a complete **** who gets everything handed to him on a plate.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by sherm Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:39 am

The unexplainable disappearance of the hose pipe connectors EVERY time you need it, really grinding my gears today

sherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:58 am

Mat wrote:That one kid at school who is just a complete **** who gets everything handed to him on a plate.

I bet he's not as happy and/or privileged as you think Wink

Now there's something else that grinds my gears. I spell a word correctly but my brain says it doesn't look right so I have to look it up only to find I was right all along. Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:50 am

One thing that annoys me on 606v2 (as it did on 606) is when people write something like this:

'Harindiqoy (spelling?)'

Sorry, but that's unacceptable. If you don't know how a player's name is spelt, LOOK IT UP.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 05 Jul 2011, 4:51 pm

Packaging so difficult to remove it takes away the excitement of getting whats inside and replacing it with anger at how hard it was to get out.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 05 Jul 2011, 5:28 pm

People who write 'lol,' 'lmao' or 'pmsl' after everything they text / write on Facebook, even if it's not remotely funny. The worst is 'rofl' - how can you possibly roll on the floor laughing and type at the same time?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 05 Jul 2011, 6:00 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:People who write 'lol,' 'lmao' or 'pmsl' after everything they text / write on Facebook, even if it's not remotely funny. The worst is 'rofl' - how can you possibly roll on the floor laughing and type at the same time?

Yeah Lucky, I've got a couple of bugbears about Facebook - that's one of them. I also really hate it when people post deliberately vague posts to get attention and then refuse to comment on it further. As an example yesterday, someone in my friends (who's well on their way to being removed) said they had some fantastic news. When asked what it was they refused to answer the question and still haven't said or even hinted what it is. I reckon there's nothing going on and they're attention seeking. It's annoying (clogging up my newsfeed with BS) and pathetic (if it is just to get attention). If you can't say then explain that don't just refuse to answer. Also, another person who appears on my newsfeed keeps telling their other half via Facebook how much they love them in a ridiculously smoochy way. Now considering they live together this is also unnecessary and annoying.

Other than that I like Facebook Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 05 Jul 2011, 6:55 pm

Cari
When I do a spellcheck and it comes up clear, I always think windows is broken.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:26 pm

It's really annoying when people fish for comments on Facebook, Cari. Another annoying thing about Facebook is when you get someone who 'likes' dozens of stupid things every day (and they're always stupid things). They clutter up the newsfeed but they're not newsworthy.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:28 pm

Or people who are suddenly friends with 1000s of other people appearing on my newsfeed. Why do I need to know who's made friends with who?

And lo and behold as I type the fisher has posted another annoying comment again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! mad

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:07 pm

Cari wrote:
Mat wrote:That one kid at school who is just a complete **** who gets everything handed to him on a plate.

I bet he's not as happy and/or privileged as you think Wink

Now there's something else that grinds my gears. I spell a word correctly but my brain says it doesn't look right so I have to look it up only to find I was right all along. Rolling Eyes

Oh he is!

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:08 pm

When people use; "That song is old." As an excuse not to listen to it...WHAT THE HELL?!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:16 pm

Do people really say that? That's ridiculous!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:52 pm

I hate the way the bloke on the Wickes advert says 'Wickes.'

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:56 pm

Cari wrote:Or people who are suddenly friends with 1000s of other people appearing on my newsfeed. Why do I need to know who's made friends with who?

And lo and behold as I type the fisher has posted another annoying comment again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! mad

What I don't like is unfunny 'facebook hacks'. By that I mean the ones like 'Joe Bloggs likes (certain piece of the anatomy)' and various related statements. Odd time someone comes up with something genuinely witty but it is few and far between.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 05 Jul 2011, 9:40 pm

Dave - I think you mean "frape" (Facebook r ape). The "hilarious" prank that people do when their mates leave their phone unattended and they go on their Facebook and write something "hilarious" like "I really need a good Poopie now" or something like that. Rolling Eyes It's just too obvious when they do something like that so it's not funny anyway.

Mat - unless you're referring to yourself you should never judge anyone until you understand what it's like to be in their shoes. It's easy for us to look at people and judge them like that, but you never know what goes on in people's minds and private lives really.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Tue 05 Jul 2011, 9:52 pm

I do indeed Cari, just don't like calling it that. Yeah, its so obvious as well.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 05 Jul 2011, 9:55 pm

Dave - yes it's a bit of a misnomer really. I think if I was going to do something like that I would try and be witty or subtle...

Something else that grinds my gears. My neighbours cooking really and I mean REALLY smelly food that smells disgusting.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:46 am

Sending an e-mail starting with the phrase 'Please find attached' and then realising you haven't actually attached what you were sending.

If Micro$oft are listening, my suggestion for Windows 8 is that it looks at outgoing messages and scans for words 'attached' and 'attachment', then sends you a prompt if there is no attachment to the message...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:51 am

Drivers who drive up the rear end of slow drivers and create a convoy on the way to work as nobody can bloody get paaaaaaassssssttttt!

People who drive way below the speed limit - I got 2 bloody minors on my test for not USING the speed limits!

People with cheap stickers on their cars. Seen the worst one a few weeks ago which said "Not sponsered by mummy and daddy". Why the phluck would you wanna bring attention to that you nutrition deprived, orange-faced, poker up your rearend bint?!?

People that will go to any lengths to get attention, including making a tool of themselves in public and think they're great. *News flash* You're not great, you're a mentally insuffcient bumhole.

And breathe.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:52 am

dummy_half wrote:Sending an e-mail starting with the phrase 'Please find attached' and then realising you haven't actually attached what you were sending.

If Micro$oft are listening, my suggestion for Windows 8 is that it looks at outgoing messages and scans for words 'attached' and 'attachment', then sends you a prompt if there is no attachment to the message...

Very Happy I'm not sure they need to look at their entire operating system to fix something like that.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:34 am

The concept of "Professionalism" grinds my gears.

Basically, "Professionalism" means that the entire staff workforce is comprised of robots with no personality who all dress the same and never have any fun whilst working.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:16 am

The use of the phrase "broad church" to denote a wider group of followers.

Nothing against religion or churches...but the person is usually trying to assert some sort of legitimacy to his/her audience by inferring there is some massive groundswell of followers for a product/policy/interest group:

"The recent introduction of new gaming laws limiting the amount of advertising on TV has been met with considerable disapproval from the broad church of responsible gamblers in this state..."

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:23 am

People who say 'literally' when they don't mean it - as in, 'we've literally been flooded with calls.'

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:42 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:People who say 'literally' when they don't mean it - as in, 'we've literally been flooded with calls.'

Like Sky's favourite pundit, 'he's literally just left him for dead there'.

No Jamie. No he hasn't.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Wed 06 Jul 2011, 12:02 pm

Tractors when I'm trying to get to work and the fifty cars behind me !

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 06 Jul 2011, 12:07 pm

People who say things like 'she text me the other day.' Surely it should be 'texted?'

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next