The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 2 Empty The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Big Daddy Bee on Fri 28 Jan 2011, 6:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how gig or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

I shall start this with:

Starburst. They are not Starburst, they are Opel Fruits and always will be. And don't get me started on Snickers. STOP CHANGING THE NAME OF SWEETS!!!! :evil:

Big Daddy Bee

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 1:30 pm

People who go for a curry/Chinese and order 1 of the 'European' dishes!

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Adam D on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 1:30 pm

King Beer wrote:People who go out for a curry and order a Korma!!!

When Hero took me out, he had a korma :mmm:

He actually took me to a restaurant that did both Indian and Thai cuisine - weird but not bad!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 1:36 pm

Hobo wrote:
King Beer wrote:People who go out for a curry and order a Korma!!!

He actually took me to a restaurant that did both Indian and Thai cuisine - weird but not bad!

There's one in Andover called the Mumbai Thai, it's not bad.

Korma is not a curry. FACT.

It's chicken in a coconut sauce.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 1:51 pm

People who just refuse to try food simply because they don't like the look of it.
What are you three years old?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

http://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 1:53 pm

Hero wrote:People who just refuse to try food simply because they don't like the look of it.
What are you three years old?

My little boy is - whats your point caller?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 2:05 pm

Hobo wrote:

Did I?

Thought I had whatever Thai stuff there was on offer?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 2:16 pm

Hero wrote:
Hobo wrote:

Did I?

Thought I had whatever Thai stuff there was on offer?

The ladyboy who did the dishes was the only thing you went for that was Thai

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 3:22 pm

People wearing black who suddenly appear from behind a tree (in the darkest of nights with no moon or inadequate street lighting) and cross the road without breaking stride...when you're driving towards said tree.

Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 3:36 pm

Why are your driving towards said tree?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 3:38 pm

Linebreaker wrote:People wearing black who suddenly appear from behind a tree (in the darkest of nights with no moon or inadequate street lighting) and cross the road without breaking stride...when you're driving towards said tree.

Linebreaker - I know what you did last summer.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 3:38 pm

maybe it was a money tree

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 3:39 pm

When you go for a dump but then have to go back to the loo to have a pee minutes later.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 3:42 pm

when kids go into a shop and they are screaming or really misbehaving and start to trash the place and the parents do nothing about it what so ever

sort your fooking kids out!!!

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 3:42 pm

y2 try a PJ and duncan..usually does the trick

Lex-Express

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 4:19 pm

And another thing!

Potholes in the road that are about 6 feet deep and have been for the last 2 months.

What the hell?!?!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 4:24 pm

Novels with poor editing.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 4:26 pm

How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice little story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yeah, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 4:31 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice little story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yeah, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.

*SMACK*

:laugh1:

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 4:32 pm

In other news, a local Quahog author has set a record for the worst selling novel of all time. Brian Griffin’s “Faster Than The Speed of Love” has astonishingly not sold a single copy thanks to universal panning by literary critics...

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 8:16 am

Really rude people. You hold a door open and they walk straight through or dont say thankyou.. even worse they let the door go in your face. People who push past or walk in front of you without saying excuse me. Those who accept any courtesy you show to them without acknowlegement grrrrrrrr mad

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 8:47 am

Haddie-nuff wrote:Really rude people. You hold a door open and they walk straight through or dont say thankyou.. even worse they let the door go in your face. People who push past or walk in front of you without saying excuse me. Those who accept any courtesy you show to them without acknowlegement grrrrrrrr mad

I concur wholeheartedly.

-----

When you're dunking a digestive in a cup of tea & it breaks off a nanomillimetre from your mouth. It always falls back down into the cup of tea!

People who let you do all the work then take the credit for it. I think they're called 'Bosses'.

People who talk at you whilst you are clearly trying to have a conversation on the phone.

Whoever keeps using my milk at work, I shall find you one day and when I do........... boxing

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 3:21 pm

People.

Just people in general.

I really am in the midst of an "I HATE THE WORLD" day.

So screw you all mad

Last edited by David Tails on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DT - Grammar Police)

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 3:24 pm

I friggin' love you DT! kiss

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 3:26 pm

Oh and to add to things that really grind my gears:

My boss' office not having a window that opens, which means he has to open his door out into our office, forcing us to bask in the yellow cloud of his body odour. It's hanging over my desk as I type this.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 3:44 pm

Don't let him see you then Y2 Whistle
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 3:47 pm

I may have said this already in here...but I'm not in the mood to check back. Whistling in the work place.

I'm trying to be professional while I'm on the phone to clients. I do NOT need you lot whistling in the background. I don't want my clients to think that this is a childish operation.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 3:53 pm

Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle sorry DT was that at me Hug

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 4:45 am

I know I have said this before...but I think the fact I'm up to post this comment should emphasize my point...

INSOMNIA

I haven't had a single minute of sleep tonight. Insomnia really is the worst. furious

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 12:25 pm

when you call someone and they put you on hold and you get that really annoying music playing.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 1:14 pm

Sales reps who haven't got a fuffing clue.

Don't sign contracts and pricing agreements with the NHS when it's not your bloody product!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Titch on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

Lunatic van drivers who almost kill me! He overtook a lorry into my face. I'm sure my motor is visible. Did a little rally cross and we're still here.

Titch

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 10:10 pm

The fact McDaids Football Special isn't more widely available.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 10:38 pm

getting off the metro and heading up the escalators, there is a guy on the announcer "passengers please stand on the right and hold onto the hand rail"
People walk up the left hand side, people stand on the right.
There are even signs going up saying it.

But you get some plank standing on the left looking ahead wondering why there is no one in front of him with a que of people behind who want to get past.

Get out my way fool, im trying to get to work !

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 10:42 pm

C4 programmes that last an hour.

After every ad break they have a minute long recap of what happened in the programme before the ad break.
I know what happened, I watched it. My memory was not destroyed by watching 3 minutes of adverts.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 10:44 pm

ok Mrs, yes you can sit next to me on the metro, but please remove your oversized handbag off your shoulder before you sit down, your sqashing me against the window.
(have you noticed im not a morning person lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 10:45 pm

Announcers that talk over the credits of old programmes.

The lack of regionality in ITV (thankfully we still have UTV).

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 10:47 pm

Pat Nevin

Need i say more?

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 8:45 am

Mozilla Firefox (not responding) furious

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 8:48 am

there is a new update on it that launched this weekend Sol, it worked fine on my computer, but i had to uninstall and reinstall firefox on the lap top cos the update didnt work properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 9:08 am

Y I Man wrote:there is a new update on it that launched this weekend Sol, it worked fine on my computer, but i had to uninstall and reinstall firefox on the lap top cos the update didnt work properly.

Thanks YI,

I'll have a go doing that, later.

I'm running late for work (again)....just logged in to see I've missed anything exciting overnight.

I see we've had a lovely new member, from the USA, join the tennis forum........that's marvellous Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Mon 07 Mar 2011, 11:22 am

People who've been out in the cold whilst you've been sat inside who think it's THE FUNNIEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF EVER to put their freezing cold hands down the back of your top.

GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME YOU REPROBATE! boxing

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Mon 07 Mar 2011, 2:28 pm

The create your own limerick thread.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Mon 07 Mar 2011, 2:38 pm

The create your own limerick thread.
Is one that Hobo wants to see dead.....oh wait a sec

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails on Mon 07 Mar 2011, 2:50 pm

Hobo wrote:The create your own limerick thread.

I personally back you up on this one. Hug

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina on Mon 07 Mar 2011, 2:55 pm

David Tails wrote:
Hobo wrote:The create your own limerick thread.

I personally back you up on this one. Hug

David and Hobo......how can you say that?!!Shocked

The Limerick thread is the most popular thread in off topic........I love it!

Why don't you both go and have a go on it........you might enjoy yourselves Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails on Mon 07 Mar 2011, 3:16 pm

Nah I tend to write my poetry more on what's happening around me. Not really a limerick kinda guy.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 on Mon 14 Mar 2011, 2:46 pm

[quote="Hero"]That Mountain Dew, Tab Clear and Mezzo Mix aren't available in the UK.[/quote

Baguette Express do it now although its always got Polish lables

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer on Wed 16 Mar 2011, 1:29 pm

fernando wrote:when you call someone and they put you on hold and you get that really annoying music playing.

What is even more annoying is when a secretary calls you in work, says I've got 'so and so' on the line for you and puts YOU on hold!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Wed 16 Mar 2011, 1:49 pm

When someone phones you and says "Who's this?"

YOU'RE the one who phoned ME pal, YOU figure it out!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 17 Mar 2011, 5:51 pm

Cheeseburgers that have the cheese INSIDE the burger, and when you bite into them you get molten hot lava cheese all up inside your mouth, burning all your tastebuds off your tongue and reducing your teeth to the width of toothpicks.

I can't feel my face any more!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum