The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 13 Empty The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Big Daddy Bee on Fri 28 Jan 2011, 6:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how gig or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

I shall start this with:

Starburst. They are not Starburst, they are Opel Fruits and always will be. And don't get me started on Snickers. STOP CHANGING THE NAME OF SWEETS!!!! :evil:

Big Daddy Bee

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Michaels, Sean on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:53 am

rowley wrote:
Adam D (Hobo) wrote:
And the star, who has battled a booze problem, vowed: "I will be World Champ again. Nobody's going to stop me. One thousand per cent.
I hate it when people say anything over 100%

Its just stupid!

I agree Adam I hate it almost as much as the misuse of the word literally which is rife. Remember as work once a girl said I literally can't stop eating. No, you choose not to or lack the self discipline not to but you can if you either choose or show more willpower. I literally hope everyone who misuses this word on a regular basis dies a horrible painful death.

What is it about women at work? Constantly stuffing their faces, especially the fat ones. I think employees should be banned from eating at their desks. It is the single most annoying part of my day when the big unit opposite me eats her sandwiches, followed by 2 packets of crisps, followed by an apple.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:55 am

Maybe you should give her your lunchbox instead..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:58 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Maybe you should give her your lunchbox instead..

I'd first need to roll it in flour to find the wet spot.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 13 Empty grind gears

Post by Union Cane on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:02 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:I'd first need to roll it in flour to find the wet spot.

And she could have pancakes afterwards.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 2:59 pm

Oh Goody goody, our local Garden Centre was preparing the Christmas display this morning.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 8:15 pm

being off the boards for a couple of days to come back to see all hell has broken loose, everybody talking in code about certain members/admins when they all know who it is and i dont!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 4:57 pm

Im getting old and was no angel myself , but it really does annoy me when young lads have to much to drink and think they can fight the world .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:53 pm

I haven't read the whole thread (it is 13 pages!) so sorry if someone has already said this, but I cannot stand people spelling losing "loosing", I have to restrain myself from typing a correction every time I see it. People can spell other things correctly and get their grammar wrong normally and I merely find it a little bit irritating, but "loosing" grinds my gears into dust that sets itself on fire and burns like the rage of Zeus. Don't know why, maybe I'm a looser.
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:54 pm

the other two on that note are "Spoliers" instead on spoilers and "fued" instead of Feud.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:02 pm

Fued does my nut in.

Loosers.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

http://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:10 pm

Knee-jerkism. Especially on the internet.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 22 Sep 2011, 7:10 pm

when people take things over the top! making something out of nothing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water on Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:26 pm

Those pesky BBC weatherpersons are at it again.

Map of GB and they say 'expect some rain in the south west in the morning'

Now is that England, Wales, NI or Scotland.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main on Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:12 pm

When people get mixed up between quite and quiet. Are you being serious?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:41 am

Late Buses , Late Trains
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 3:59 am

Lateness in general.

How they're constantly ripping up roads and digging trenches on certain roads.

It's great that the roadwork is being done and there are lots of well maintained smooth roads nowadays - but there's always those streets where it never seems to end and it's all patched up in places but with new potholes forming - that you know will only get worse if they aren't repaired immediately!

I've had to develop a patience/heirarchy thing where I'm stuck behind a large truck. Rather than fight against it and get all wound up,
I simply think "building progress first" ... and let the big basterd in, knowing I'll be slowed down and delayed further.

It's important to think of the big picture and this big truck as a positive thing - which benefits the country and thereby justifies the delay. I include buses, postal vans, small business vehicles, fruit & veg delivery vans, ... even plumbers and electricians in trucks as "representing progress" - so I'll always let these vehicles do what they want without getting too flustered.

However, if it's some slippery looking customer in a Woolie's lorry or some hoon in a small truck, I'll think no, bugger off! and not let them try to slip in front of me in traffic. Same goes for oil company trucks... well, they can wait for me too thanks!

You've got to establish the rightful pecking order! Very Happy

Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:43 am

I mentioned it on another thread but one thing that gets my goat is...

When Eggheads isn't the original 5 dream team but has those two newbies on it instead.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:51 am

Doon the Water wrote:Those pesky BBC weatherpersons are at it again.

They can't be as bad as the woman who does the weather on Channel 5. She always stands right over Ireland/Wales/South West England and just points to Scotland and the East and talks generally of rain coming in (where??). So not only does she ignore half the country, you can't even see it. To be fair, I don't think she was hired for her geographical knowledge though...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:41 am

Cari wrote:
Doon the Water wrote:Those pesky BBC weatherpersons are at it again.

They can't be as bad as the woman who does the weather on Channel 5. She always stands right over Ireland/Wales/South West England and just points to Scotland and the East and talks generally of rain coming in (where??). So not only does she ignore half the country, you can't even see it. To be fair, I don't think she was hired for her geographical knowledge though...

They should bring Live TVs Britain's Bounciest Weather with Rusty Goffe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y5UWCc6KHY

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:07 am

I didnt even have to click the link there - the good old days of Live! Tv - what was the Norwegian woman who did it too?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 1:44 pm

Hero wrote:I mentioned it on another thread but one thing that gets my goat is...

When Eggheads isn't the original 5 dream team but has those two newbies on it instead.

Yea, I don't mind Barry so much its the new, new one I don't like, who's your fav Hero, mines gotta be Chris he hardly ever gets anything wrong.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

You Tube is blocked at my workplace, I suppose that's quite fortunate for me. Wasn't it Live! TV that presented topless darts to the cable viewing nation?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 6:17 pm

today? EVERYTHING

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 6:27 pm

bretmeharty wrote:
Hero wrote:I mentioned it on another thread but one thing that gets my goat is...

Yea, I don't mind Barry so much its the new, new one I don't like, who's your fav Hero, mines gotta be Chris he hardly ever gets anything wrong.

Daphne, she's like the perfect gran.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 6:33 pm

Hero wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:

gilf?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:00 pm

I dont know how they get your phone number ... These bloody companys who ring and its a automated voice saying " this is an important message about your PPI" or " have you had an accident , you maybe able to claim " .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan on Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:02 am

Those bloody Pikeys at Dale farm with all this eviction nonsence. How can you call yourselves travellers when you haven't gone anywhere in 10 yrs? mad Feck off back to Ireland............as they say.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl on Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:43 am

Drivers who insist on having their front fog lights on when it's NOT FOGGY! mad

It's just dark, it happens every night, that's why you have headlights! steam
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX on Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:16 pm

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:
Hero wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:

gilf?
That just made me heave.

What annoys me on Eggheads is the way they have to give you a little story or some history about the answer, before they give the answer, as if to say "this question is an insult, look how much I know about this subject".

...and Daphne's 'guesses'........they're always right!!!! She's going to be that competitive Gran in the home who has to win every board game or she goes nuts.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich on Mon 26 Sep 2011, 5:05 pm

Breadvan wrote:Those bloody Pikeys at Dale farm with all this eviction nonsence. How can you call yourselves travellers when you haven't gone anywhere in 10 yrs? mad Feck off back to Ireland............as they say.

dont know who's more annoying the pikeys or the hippies who go down complaining about there human rights for them, they dont care about our human rights when there out pinching any metal they can find

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina on Wed 28 Sep 2011, 8:39 pm

Having to wait two minutes before I can open the door on the washing machine at the end of the cycle.......life is too short!

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water on Wed 28 Sep 2011, 8:58 pm

Little Englanders.

Had one as a house guest last week, friend of a very embarassed friend, first trip to Scotland.
Enjoyed my hospitality, loved the weather and the scenery, drank my best single malt, but still tried to take the pi55 out of Scotland at every opportunity.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by GG on Wed 28 Sep 2011, 9:21 pm

littleswannygirl wrote:Drivers who insist on having their front fog lights on when it's NOT FOGGY! mad

It's just dark, it happens every night, that's why you have headlights! steam

OK OK Completely agree, bl Hug dy bar stewards furious

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water on Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:24 pm

I wonder if the foggy drivers are aware that they are commiting an offence.
£60 fine.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny on Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:10 pm

Rail replacement Buses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if i wanted to go by bus i would of bought a bloody bus ticket
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Thu 29 Sep 2011, 8:19 am

Now the Indian summer is here, I have to endure the usual summer nonsense of the people who live behind my house, sitting outside in their garden shouting (not talking) at each other until all hours. I wish they'd get fecking jobs so that they understand what it's like to have to get up for work when you're tired from not being able to sleep the night before because of noisy gits outside your bedroom window. Ignorant sh*ts the lot of them.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water on Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:36 am

Cari
Get up at 6am and start playing loud classical music at the botton of your garden.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:53 am

Doon - sadly we're surrounded by properties so it would annoy others around, and it's only the occupants of this one house who are annoying. I could always go round and knock the door at six in the morning to complain though...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 29 Sep 2011, 10:40 am

Cari, I'd suggest p_ssing through their letter box, but that's probably physically impossible...

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior on Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:32 pm

So Very Much.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis on Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:17 pm

TAMPERING WITH MY STUFF!!!!!!!

Argh I'm even being wound up now because it happens a lot to me.

Honestly, I could punch someone if they move my stuff around and I spend ages looking for it.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX on Thu 29 Sep 2011, 10:22 pm

The check out girl who insisted on hurling my stuff down the belt as fast as humanly possible tonight, then sit in silence at the end, rather than tell me the cost. censored

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:41 am

People who are moaning about the great weather were having , saying its to hot for this time of year .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 8:39 am

That does my head in JPX. Especially when you're trying to pack things up tidy to carry them home. They give you a dirty look then cause they have to wait for you to finish packing before you pay them.

Kenny - thats me! Laugh Actually I've not been that bad. It's cooler at night than in summer, so that's OK for me. I hate it when it's unbearably hot.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:13 am

I was just in the lift/elevator (which doesn't grind my gears, but I know some people get really upset at the use of one of those words...)

So, 5th floor, I get on with someone else. That person travels one bloody floor to the 4th and gets off. Someone gets on and travels one bloody floor to the 3rd!

Take the damn stairs! You're not even going against gravity for (*&&^*&^ sake!

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:21 am

Working in an office.

There are so many elements to working in an office that grind my gears, so I'll just leave it as the summary/catchment statement above.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:15 pm

I think depends on your office Celtic. At the moment I'm on my own in an office which is inside a grade 2 listed building. I'm very lucky with that....it's not unlikely that I could end up being in an open plan office inside a modern building.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:21 pm

I don't mind it at all when staff chat to a colleague while they're serving me. I mind it quite a bit when they chat to a colleague instead of serving me.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:43 pm

I'm in an open plan office in an old converted house.

I have asked to be moved to an office of my own. Can't see it happening unfortuantely, even though there are a few spare.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:48 pm

I'm not a fan of open-plan offices. I doubt I'd mind if the desks were in rows, but they're often set up so you've got a colleague almost facing you and you have them in the corner of your eye every time you look at your computer screen. I really don't like that, even if they're hot, which makes it even more of a distraction.

My desk faces the works canteen and I don't fancy the fridge, so I'm okay.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum