The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 18 Empty The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Big Daddy Bee on Fri 28 Jan 2011, 6:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how gig or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

I shall start this with:

Starburst. They are not Starburst, they are Opel Fruits and always will be. And don't get me started on Snickers. STOP CHANGING THE NAME OF SWEETS!!!! :evil:

Big Daddy Bee

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Cari on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 7:36 pm

When the bus stinks of pisss, and there's no escape from the smell. How can a bus with no toilet on it, smell of pisss? Don't answer that...

Cari

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Kenny on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 12:02 am

When the person who sits next to you on the bus thinks they have to talk to you !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 8:05 pm

Following on from Cari's post... when you're on a bus or train and the person behind you sneezes with such force it lifts the hair on the back of your neck. (then 24 hours later you feel a bit sick...)
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 8:48 pm

when applying for jobs, it states click here for more info, so that you are taken to the site and the application form....and the blydi page doesn't load!

How can I apply if the links you provide don't work? argh!

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 9:42 pm

Everyone who's stupid, which seems to be about 90% of the people I meet.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 9:23 am

When I'm in the car with the other half, I have to listen to Real Radio. now, it's not such a bad radio station, but everything - weather, traffic, you name it - is sponsored by someone or other, and they have the same women advertising them. This woman has the most annoying voice I have ever heard in my life. I hate it. She sounds like a fly would sound if it could talk.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 10:23 am

Also, the woman who does the traffic news on Real Radio is a nice enough girl, but for some unknown reason, she won't say that there are delays from X to Y, she'll say there are delays from X 'through towards' Y. Every damn time.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 10:47 am

I cant remember if someone has mentioned this barefeet in the dark, the pain just cant be put into words

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 10:53 am

Dicey Reilly wrote:I cant remember if someone has mentioned this barefeet in the dark, the pain just cant be put into words

What's that then?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 10:58 am

Laugh

I forgot to say what I was moaning about Doh

I meant to say standing on a plug barefooted in the dark

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 11:00 am

Ahh yes. Easily the most painful thing ever.

Much worse than childbirth.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 11:01 am

Women and their gripes with Childbirth will they ever learn

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 11:03 am

I know mate.

They legally get smacked off their jubblies for anywhere between 2 hours and a week! Alright for some.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 11:05 am

What about when you stub your toe on the shower frame on a cold winter morning.... geez, that's agony for about 30 seconds.

Anyone ever misjudged where an open door is at night (with the lights off) and come face-to-face with the hard cement render instead?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 11:21 am

I remember reading that Barry Manilow got up one morning, thought he was in one of his houses when he was actually in another, walked into a wall and broke his nose.

Ah, the lives of the rich...

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Sat 24 Mar 2012, 4:47 am

When you have to buy those energy saving light bulbs and they last about 5 months.

Surely, all that extra broken glass is bad for land fill?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong on Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:58 am

When your wife goes for a minor procedure and milks it for a week.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Sat 24 Mar 2012, 6:34 am

Did you receive those earplugs I sent over? Laugh
Hope she recovers well mate and it's up to you (maybe?) to change the subject at the right time.

Taxi drivers who leave their door open towards the driving lane when dropping off someone and getting their luggage from the boot... absolutely no idea.
Happened this morning at the airport - no urgency whatsoever shown by the guy. Maybe it's OK in other parts of the world... but not here!
This is not a very smart thing to do! steam
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong on Sat 24 Mar 2012, 7:05 am

Taxi drivers in SA that pulls in front of you just to stop 100 metres later to halt you progress.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 6:27 pm

New Car advertisements. Mrs is looking for a new SUV - tv advert states $33,000 and 0% finance. She uses the build feature online and picks a few extra's taking the price up to just under $34,000. We go for a test drive an she likes it, get to the paperwork stage and by the time taxes are added, new vehicle charge is added, freight is added, new finance set up fee is added, new tire levy is added etc etc the final price comes in at $38.500 Shocked

Why can't they just include all the 'extra' charges in the price? Although she could still afford it she refused on principle but it still wasted 2 hours of our time (to be honest I was a bit relieved because I wasn't sure it was worth the $34k in the first place).

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:31 am

Shocking isn't it?

Then if you have to trade in... they offer a whopping $1500 or something when you see ads for the same make and model at over $5k. Dodgy baastards!
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 8:07 am

when my Taxi driver moan is edited.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:46 am

Had a taxi incident this evening.

He indicated right, then all of a sudden changed lane and turned left.
Oh... and then indicated left. Considerate eh?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:01 pm

yeah.

Idiots and arrogance
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:07 pm

The British goverment attempting to put people at ease about a potential fuel tanker driver strike and ending up making it sound like the pumps are about to run dry. Also, the British media sending reporters to petrol stations so that everyone who turns up will see them and start to panic even more.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:09 pm

I realise now what it was. Some idiots were stuck on the narrow median strip and were obviously trying to hail the guy. Then he decides to turn into the street on the left (to pick them up after they had crossed illegally from right to left) but the taxi driver was thinking if he put his right indicator on (at first) he was doing the right thing...picking them up off the middle of the road. It was only one lane, the other left lane was full of parked cars. (Left hand drive here)
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:26 pm

That is pretty much how it happens here, but the taxis have different hand signals, so two fiingers down might mean soweto, two fingers up might mean JHb.

So they basically just swerve any which way dependant on where the guy wanting a ride is standing.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:32 pm

+1 Lucky. And I have to add the utter inability of the general public to actually think for themselves and realise that the consequence of their panic buying is precisely what they feared in the blydi first place!
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:39 pm

Teenagers on skateboards furious

Went out for a walk lastnight with the family , it was lovelly and peacefull and the kids were having great fun chasing butterflys but then 3 teenage louts on skateboards spoilt it all by nearly knocking my youngest over . If i had caught him i would kicked the censored out of him .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:40 pm

People who indicate right when going straight through a roundabout. Especially of putting when there are multiple lanes in the roundabout.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:45 pm

Makes you proud to be British, doesn't it, Swanny? Laugh

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:45 pm

biltongbek wrote:That is pretty much how it happens here, but the taxis have different hand signals, so two fiingers down might mean soweto, two fingers up might mean JHb.

So they basically just swerve any which way dependant on where the guy wanting a ride is standing.

So what's Pretoria? A horizontal fist?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:53 pm

Laugh Never been in a taxi in my life, not a yellow cab, a minivan, so have no idea.

There is a universal one though for when they make you angry though, middle finger is the main digit used.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 1:32 pm

Cari wrote:When the bus stinks of pisss, and there's no escape from the smell. How can a bus with no toilet on it, smell of pisss? Don't answer that...

Laugh

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Thu 29 Mar 2012, 5:50 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Had a taxi incident this evening.

He indicated right, then all of a sudden changed lane and turned left.
Oh... and then indicated left. Considerate eh?

Just be grateful your cabbies are not like Cardiff taxi drivers... Whistle
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-17545988

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:04 pm

Wow... 8! That takes some poor driving.

Ours are pretty bad...getting worse every day. Had one guy the other day who used his knees to steer the wheel whilst looking at something on a clipboard and telling me about the woes of life in the Sudan. What can you do except nod your head and agree and very politely suggest it might be a good idea to look where he's driving.

Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly on Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:57 pm

In Holland (even though i speak Dutch) i cant understand the taxi drivers.

They all drive slowly though as thats the only way to earn money Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:20 am

Some taxi drivers in Saigon drive like maniacs. They think they're doing you a favour by driving fast and taking huge risks. Many times I had to tell them not to rush. It made no difference. It's a game of inches over there... tolerances are very small.

At first you brace yourself every 10 seconds waiting for the inevitable... a bamboo pole through your window, crushed by a large truck, collecting an old lady walking across the road with her cup of tea, swiping a family of 5 off their moped... the list is endless!
Somehow, you get used to it though and learn not to flinch. Smile

One bloke even turned around taking his eyes off the road and smiled with his palm outstretched (whilst still driving) - as if I should tip him extra for nearly killing us both. Erm

the road toll is phenomenal... about 13,000 a year. That's 35 fatalities a day! (back in 2006)
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:42 pm

Mangled metaphors.

On R4 Today Programme someone was complaining about the proposed large retail levy in N Ireland. The spokesperson for the retail consortium complained that large retail outlets were seen as sitting ducks to be milked. Shocked

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 6:44 pm

I think the trouble in Cardiff is that most taxi drivers think they own the road. It's as if their taxi licence gives them the right to ignore red lights, pedestrian crossings and just generally drive like loonies.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:37 pm

Check out staff that are more interested in talking about lastnights night out rather then serving you !!
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:58 pm

Pub karaoke singers! How come they pick songs you love and then completely and utterly slaughter them?!
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:59 pm

littleswannygirl wrote:Pub karaoke singers! How come they pick songs you love and then completely and utterly slaughter them?!

Yes and they think they are brilliant aswell Laugh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 5:53 am

littleswannygirl wrote:Pub karaoke singers! How come they pick songs you love and then completely and utterly slaughter them?!

I could never understand that until a mate of mine was one of them.
Now I just want to shoot the lot, I have looked him in the eyes and said to him as slowly and deliberately as I could "you cannot sing", he went for singing lessons and still believes he can sing, cause they don't tell you, you can't sing, they want to make money. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 8:48 am

Temporary traffic lights, or more importantly the 4 or 5 drivers that decide to go through the red light when it's changed.
Why do people feel the urge to do it on temp lights when they would never with permanent ones.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 9:18 am

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Check out staff that are more interested in talking about lastnights night out rather then serving you !!

That's why I use the self service where possible! Wink

Re: the traffice lights - I see drivers going straight through on a red just cause they couldn't be bothered to break when it changed. When one goes through there's about another three behind them as well. Gets on my nerves as a pedestrian cause you daren't cross the road when the lights change.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 9:27 am

Idiocy, wherever it's found. There was a woman on 'In it to Win it' last night who was asked what the currency of South Africa is. Her reply? "Hmm, well I don't think they're in the European Union, so I think I'll say the drachma."

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 9:36 am

You get that a lot on The Weakest Link...I despair at the utter stupidity of some people. I mean, we have a decent basic education system in this country, there shouldn't be an excuse.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon 02 Apr 2012, 8:38 am

Newsreaders who don't breathe at the end of a sentence, meaning that they then have to breathe in the middle of the next sentence. The full stop has a function, it's telling you to do something. Obey the full stop!

Also, reporters talking to each other instead of telling me the news. I want to see news reports, not two people having a natter on Skype.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong on Mon 02 Apr 2012, 9:36 am

I know a few people like that, they talk fast, they never seem to breath and simply doesn't listen.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum