The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheltenham Festival Day One - Tuesday 15th March

+3
Grahame1971
racingnut
Solerina
7 posters

Go down

Cheltenham Festival Day One - Tuesday 15th March Empty Cheltenham Festival Day One - Tuesday 15th March

Post by Solerina Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Oooh... it's Cheltenham Eve.....I'm getting very excited!<insertscreamyshoutyemoticonhere>

My predictions for day one are:

1.30 Cue Card
2.05 Rock Noir
2.40 Great Endeavour
3.20 Hurricane Fly
4.00 King John's Castle
4.40 Quevega
5.15 Swing Bill

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Cheltenham Festival Day One - Tuesday 15th March Empty Re: Cheltenham Festival Day One - Tuesday 15th March

Post by racingnut Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Like a six year old on Christmas Eve,cant wait for it to begin.Wont be betting to any great stakes as im at work all week,TV is going with me so i might stretch to a placepot on all four days.Heres my idea of the first seven winners!
1.30 Al Ferof
2.05 Finians Rainbow
2.40 Sunnyhillboy
3.20 Peddlers Cross (my only antepost bet @16s)
4.00 L'Ami
4.40 Quevega
5.15 Divers

Good luck to all,hope everything comes back safe and sound. Very Happy

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Cheltenham Festival Day One - Tuesday 15th March Empty Re: Cheltenham Festival Day One - Tuesday 15th March

Post by Grahame1971 Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:36 pm

I'll echo the kids at Christmas statement, although if i'm honest i've been like that since about ... er, well about last March really !!!
Anyway, my bags just about packed, i'm sure i've forgotten something but once i arrive tomorrow i really won't care. The one thing i really hope we don't witness over the next four days are any fatalaties to any of the wonderful specimins that give us so much enjoyment, i'd rather back 27 losers if it means that all horses come back safely. Anyway, i've think i've done all the studying i can, tomorrow is a day to whet the appetite, the ones for me tomorrow (although i won't back them all) are as follows -

Supreme - Recession Proof
Arkle - Medermit
Spinal Injuries - Adams Island
Champion Hdl - Menorah
Cross Country - Another Jewel
Mares Hdl - Quevega
Centenary Novices - On Borrowed Wings

Good luck to everyone if you're having a go .... Might not be back on here until the weekend however i'll post if i can (if everything goes to plan that'll be from the Bahamas !!!)

Cheers all Very Happy

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:00 am

Good luck to everyone today, I've gone for

Cue card win zaidpour each way
Realt dubh win dan breen each way
Blazing Bailey win Adams island each way
Menorah win khyber Kim each way
Garde champetre win L'ami each way
Quevega win alasi each way
Divers win American trilogy each way

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:47 am

Hi troops, my selections today are:-

zaidpour
realt dubh
hurricane fly

good luck & enjoy
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi enigma and Swansea.........hope you enjoy the festival......good luck : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Aaaaw, King Johns Castle is a non runner in the x-country at 4.00.........I was really keen on him winning this,

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:26 pm

Hooray! Hurricane Fly has just won the Champion Hurdle......I bl**dy knew he would Yahoo

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:52 pm

well done Solerina!

I managed to listen to the race on my radio at work

off from tomorrow though so will probably come on here more

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:25 pm

steveo77 wrote:well done Solerina!

I managed to listen to the race on my radio at work

off from tomorrow though so will probably come on here more

Thanks steveo.......Hurricane has had his doubters but he was one of those horses I just knew would win his race at Chelts.

I didn't have any money on him........I've never had a bet in my life! lol

I'm not certain about any of Wednesday's runners......I'm expecting Master Minded to win but won't be too surprised if he gets beat.

Hope to see you on here tomorrow then Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Tremendous tussle between the Fly and Peddlers and like i put up on another thread,a little bit of extra pace and a change of gear proved the difference.Peddlers was my only antepost bet so i got the 4s a place for him but i thought he might have had them at the second last.He just couldnt get the Fly off the bridle early enough,still he lost nothing in defeat.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Watched the replays again but tried to concentrate on the horses that didnt actually win but ran "eyecatchers".
Supreme novice;Sprinter Sacre,another year on his back to fill out and he could be extremely good.
Arkle;Finians Rainbow,cant believe he didnt win,Jumped for fun,only the hill found him out.Flatter track will suit as will a bit of time to fill his big frame.
Stewart Chase;Reve de Sivola,ran his best race of the season and seemed to appreciate this stamina test,will stay further.Might be interesting for a race like the Scottish National but jumping needs tidying up.
Champion Hurdle;Overturn,thought he ran a screamer considering he did all the donkey work for Peddlers.Flatter track and /or quicker ground will suit,something at Aintree? or even the Scottish Champion.
Will no doubt find plenty more because you seem to see different things every time you rewatch the races,if anybody else spots any please stick them up on a thread,i keep a little black book with them written down,i find it helps me with the following years ten to follows.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Caf Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:52 am

Racing nut was well impressed with your selections. well done any one following your horses should have done well.

keep up the good work.

3 1st place and 2 2nd place.

A few others done well too but yours seems to stand out.

it was great watching what everyone picks.

I will be betting on Friday as we are going to the pub for the day with my da so I'm looking for tips to impress.

Caf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down