The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KAUTO STAR

3 posters

Go down

KAUTO STAR Empty KAUTO STAR

Post by racingnut Mon 26 Dec 2011, 6:51 pm

What can one say....absolute fairytale stuff at a magical time of the year.He has proved himself to be without doubt the best level weights chaser that ive seen in my lifetime(didnt see Arkle or Mill House),all tracks,all trips,all ground,they all come alike ..a true champion in every sense of the word.Todays unprecedented fifth victory in mid winters showpiece at the age of 11 going on 12 was arguably his zenith,he fenced with elan and alacrity and had the class and courage to find that little extra when Long Run began to close from the third last.Ridden with supreme finesse as usual by Ruby Walsh.Many will argue that "he hasnt done it in a handicap" like Arkle,like Mill House,like Burrough Hill Lad,like Denman but he didnt have to,he proved his worth by being top rated at 2m,2m4 and 3m and in doing so he beat everything that was around,sometimes easily,other times a struggle...its the old adage that you can only beat what turns up and Kauto has turned up and beaten them all for the past six seasons.His longevity is testament to his constitution and the skill and presence of mind of his master trainer,Paul Nicholls,hats off to both man and beast as they have never ducked the issue and he has never wrapped his stellar charge up in cotton wool,like a few other well known trainers have done with their stars.I must admit,i have never been Kautos biggest fan,i was never Dessies biggest fan but i know a top flight chaser when i see one and this fella is right up there with the top handful that have ever looked through a bridle.I doff my cap to an absolute star,we may never see his like again in our lifetimes. king

racingnut

Back to top Go down

KAUTO STAR Empty Re: KAUTO STAR

Post by Solerina Wed 28 Dec 2011, 8:59 pm

Nice post, Racingnut. It was a wonderful result Yahoo

Some lovely pics of Kauto in this Daily Mail article.......and this one

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2011, 10:37 pm

He is unique. He is a star. He is Kauto Star. Bubbly

It's getting to the stage you can write a screenplay for him. It's his longevity that is taking the limelight now - he has been around so long - he had the successful career, he had the Denman challenge, he had the fading with age bit, and suddenly he is back winning against his younger challenger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu 29 Dec 2011, 11:56 am

That was a nice post racingnut and I couldn't agree more as Kauto Star really is a star.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:32 pm

Nore Staat wrote:He is unique. He is a star. He is Kauto Star. Bubbly

It's getting to the stage you can write a screenplay for him. It's his longevity that is taking the limelight now - he has been around so long - he had the successful career, he had the Denman challenge, he had the fading with age bit, and suddenly he is back winning against his younger challenger.

Hi Nore

Yes, Kauto is definitely worthy of having a film made about him.

Who do we think could play the part of Paul Nicholls?

Rob Brydon could pay the part of Tony McCoy...tho' I doubt his riding is up to much...don't know who could play Ruby Erm

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:34 pm

Phoenix wrote:That was a nice post racingnut and I couldn't agree more as Kauto Star really is a star.

Hi Phoenix...welcome to v2 Smile

Nice to see a new face on the racing pages...hopefully things will get busier round here...especially when it gets nearer to Cheltenham Yahoo

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu 29 Dec 2011, 4:54 pm

Solerina wrote:
Phoenix wrote:That was a nice post racingnut and I couldn't agree more as Kauto Star really is a star.

Hi Phoenix...welcome to v2 Smile

Nice to see a new face on the racing pages...hopefully things will get busier round here...especially when it gets nearer to Cheltenham Yahoo

Thanks for the welcome and I can imagine that this part of the forum gets busy round Cheltenham, Grand National and Derby time.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 6:04 pm

Solerina wrote:... Yes, Kauto is definitely worthy of having a film made about him.

Rob Brydon could pay the part of Tony McCoy...tho' I doubt his riding is up to much...don't know who could play Ruby Erm

Ewan McGregor at 5' 9.5" can play Ruby Walsh at 5' 10"
Kenneth Branaigh can play Paul Nicholls.
I suspect Tony McCoy would make a credible actor, so he could play himself if he had the time to devote himself to the part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu 29 Dec 2011, 8:08 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
Solerina wrote:... Yes, Kauto is definitely worthy of having a film made about him.

Ewan McGregor at 5' 9.5" can play Ruby Walsh at 5' 10"
Kenneth Branaigh can play Paul Nicholls.
I suspect Tony McCoy would make a credible actor, so he could play himself if he had the time to devote himself to the part.

Ooh yes...Ewan McGregor heart

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down