1000 topics

Go down

1000 topics Empty 1000 topics

Post by Biltong on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:28 pm

congratulations to the cricket section, I just noticed you guys achieved 1000 topics.

Good going.
Biltong
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by skyeman on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:34 pm

Yeah, a few new good posters around too. Starting to take off Very Happy

skyeman

Posts : 4693
Join date : 2011-09-18
Location : Isle Of Skye

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by Stella on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:36 pm

Have to say that this is the best forum around since the demise of 606.
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by skyeman on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:42 pm

Stella wrote:Have to say that this is the best forum around since the demise of 606.

Agreed Stella, I have checked out quite a few, and the knowledge here beats them all.

And the Indian ones make me laugh.

skyeman

Posts : 4693
Join date : 2011-09-18
Location : Isle Of Skye

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by Fists of Fury on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:48 pm

One thing that ruins many a forum that holds plenty of potential is idiots winding up fellow members, and talking complete nonsense just to get a rise.

We have had one or two, but they've been dealt with accordingly. Unfortunately, it does seem to be the general belief across cricket forums that Indian fans do all the winding up. I'd point toward our own MSP83 as a prime example of an Indian fan that is completely unbiased (or as much as we can be toward our own countries) and that is able to get heavily involved in thoroughly decent discussion on various subjects. I'd love this section to have numerous posters from all of the Test playing nations and beyond, providing all debate is carried out in the right spirit.

1,000 topics is some achievement in less than one year, so thanks to all that have contributed, and let's hope we can get busier and busier as 2012 wears on - the more new contributors the merrier, as they say.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11721
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 32
Location : Birmingham, England

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by Stella on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:49 pm

skyeman wrote:
Stella wrote:Have to say that this is the best forum around since the demise of 606.

Agreed Stella, I have checked out quite a few, and the knowledge here beats them all.

And the Indian ones make me laugh.

Yes, there are many very keen Cricket fans on here with a vast amount of knowledge.

Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by Stella on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:52 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:One thing that ruins many a forum that holds plenty of potential is idiots winding up fellow members, and talking complete nonsense just to get a rise.

We have had one or two, but they've been dealt with accordingly. Unfortunately, it does seem to be the general belief across cricket forums that Indian fans do all the winding up. I'd point toward our own MSP83 as a prime example of an Indian fan that is completely unbiased (or as much as we can be toward our own countries) and that is able to get heavily involved in thoroughly decent discussion on various subjects. I'd love this section to have numerous posters from all of the Test playing nations and beyond, providing all debate is carried out in the right spirit.

1,000 topics is some achievement in less than one year, so thanks to all that have contributed, and let's hope we can get busier and busier as 2012 wears on - the more new contributors the merrier, as they say.

606 had a number of good Indian posters. And the odd WUM Smile
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by Fists of Fury on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:55 pm

Yeah unfortunately not many of the good Indian posters followed us over here. I'd love to be able to attract a few more from all kinds of countries here, but it is obviously difficult and quite slow going.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11721
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 32
Location : Birmingham, England

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by Gregers on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:00 pm

Congrats people!

Gregers

Posts : 15025
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 28
Location : Brighton, England

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by skyeman on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:01 pm

FoF if ok. I will mention the site when I am on the Indian live streams when watching, they don't seem to mind.

skyeman

Posts : 4693
Join date : 2011-09-18
Location : Isle Of Skye

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by Galted on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:03 pm

It is quite a novelty being able to mention Sachin Tendulkar without all hell breaking loose.
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11359
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by Fists of Fury on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:08 pm

Skye, that would be great. Getting the new members here is the main thing, and once they begin posting we can then decide if they are the type of poster we want here or not devil

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11721
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 32
Location : Birmingham, England

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by skyeman on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:15 pm

NP will do, that was my one concern but as you say, you have the power Very Happy

skyeman

Posts : 4693
Join date : 2011-09-18
Location : Isle Of Skye

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by skyeman on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:56 pm

Galted wrote:It is quite a novelty being able to mention Sachin Tendulkar without all hell breaking loose.

Could you imagine how this site would have been with the "Is Sachin the best" thread a wee while back Very Happy

skyeman

Posts : 4693
Join date : 2011-09-18
Location : Isle Of Skye

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 2:09 pm

skyeman wrote:
Galted wrote:It is quite a novelty being able to mention Sachin Tendulkar without all hell breaking loose.

Could you imagine how this site would have been with the "Is Sachin the best" thread a wee while back Very Happy

I don't need to imagine, old 606 used to average one of those threads a month Yikes

It's one of the reasons I gave up on the cricket board over there.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
V2 Editor
V2 Editor

Posts : 10925
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Jan 2012, 4:42 pm

top stuff guys clap

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

1000 topics Empty Re: 1000 topics

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum