The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bafta game awards

+2
Holymiky
Fernando
6 posters

Go down

bafta game awards  Empty bafta game awards

Post by Fernando Thu 17 Mar 2011, 12:12 pm

Action: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Artistic achievement: God of War III

Best game: Mass Effect 2

Family: Kinect Sports

Gameplay: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Handheld: Cut the Rope

Multiplayer: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Original music: Heavy Rain

Social network game: My Empire

Sports: F1 2010

Story: Heavy Rain

Strategy: Civilization V

Technical innovation: Heavy Rain

Use of audio: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Bafta ones to watch award in association with Dare To Be Digital: Twang

GAME award of 2010: Call of Duty: Black Ops ( voted by public)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

bafta game awards  Empty Re: bafta game awards

Post by Holymiky Thu 17 Mar 2011, 12:27 pm

I watched walkthroughs on Heavy rain and it deserves every award it gets.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 17 Mar 2011, 12:36 pm

It's a great game Miky.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Mar 2011, 3:42 pm

Call of Duty wasn't all that great, and unfortunately the games in the series (since COD4) are becoming quickly forgotten or remembered for the wrong reasons.

Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Halo Reach were my favourite games of the last year.

Surprised Halo: Reach didn't take any awards, and even more surprised that NFS: Hot Pursuit took Multiplayer of the year. Admittedly I have not played the game but this category is usually dominated by shooter style games e.g. COD, Halo, Gears of War etc.

Think the games to watch for this year will be Batman: Arkham City, Gears of War 3, L.A. Noire, Elder Scrolls V, Portal 2, and no doubt there will be more games being announced for this year at upcoming conventions.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Fri 18 Mar 2011, 3:47 pm

L.A. Noire - I like the look of that one to be honest.

I haven't actually played Batman: Arkham Asylum but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

I was tempted to buy NFS: Hot Pursuit last night but didn't get round to it. Ended up buying some Blu-Rays and DVD's instead.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Mar 2011, 4:29 pm

David Tails wrote:L.A. Noire - I like the look of that one to be honest.

This is shaping up to look amazing, Red Dead Redemption was a brilliant game by Rockstar and everything is falling into place for this to be even better.

David Tails wrote: I haven't actually played Batman: Arkham Asylum but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Loved this game. I enjoyed it so much I bought the game of the year edition as well so have played through the campaign at least four times. Would suggest it to anyone especially if your a comic book fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Wed 23 Mar 2011, 1:25 am

Mass Effect 2 was a wonderful game in terms of gameplay, I think the control system for it was as tight as you can get it, however in my opinion it really didnt have the huge cinematic story which the original game had. I think it focused more on describing the day to day dystopian futuristic cities and the cultures rather than delivering a genuinely sweeping story. I spent most of my time playing it wondering 'when is this going to really open up and shock me', it kind of did at the end, but perhaps i expected too much, it was still wonderful.
I think if Rockstar actually entered Red Dead Redemption into the BAFTAS the game would have won a few awards, it was a wonderful game. Heavy rain deserved all its plaudits. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was overlooked.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 23 Mar 2011, 10:46 am

Mass Effect 2 was absolutely quality, I was addicted! Personally, I thought Red Dead Redemption was over-hyped. It was just Grand Theft Auto in the wild west, repetitive missions, loads of tedious horse-riding and a shooting mechanic that was primitive in comparison to other shooters.

Also, couldn't agree more with K-PX0110, Arkham Asylum was amazing. Great story and voice acting and a superb campaign.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Wed 23 Mar 2011, 9:22 pm

I see your point about RDR, it is quite similar to Grand Theft Auto in its gameplay style. But I found the shooting to be simple and effective. Also the world is very different to GTA, you treat the world with a lot more respect than you would in Liberty City. Personally I absolutely loved getting on my horse and going all around the world and I really enjoyed the slow, careful story which built to an electrifying conclusion.

Mass Effect 3 soon though, I just hope that Bioware really take their time and are not rushed by EA to create the greatest sci fi game possible. I hope it returns to a more sci fi based soundtrack too rather than generic cinematic scores.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 25 Mar 2011, 10:27 pm

GAME award of 2010: Call of Duty: Black Ops ( voted by public
such as discress is it not that this award was total a popularty contest?

For me it should have been RDR by far the best game

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down