The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blake Green to miss start of season

4 posters

Go down

Blake Green to miss start of season Empty Blake Green to miss start of season

Post by Kenny Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:50 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/16621244.stm
Big blow for us , hope hes back soon
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Blake Green to miss start of season Empty Re: Blake Green to miss start of season

Post by Luke Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:05 pm

You're right a blow, but to be honest rather he was injured now than at the end of season.
Hope they give Bell ago.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Blake Green to miss start of season Empty Re: Blake Green to miss start of season

Post by Kenny Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:25 pm

The talk is Murrell will play stand off , but hope not .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 19 Jan 2012, 6:57 am

I don't get why Murrell always plays when Green or Dobson is injured. In my opinion he's an average player, who when he plays in halves slows our attacking play down imeshrebly (though good defender). Bell is apparently a good player, playing in his natural position, i don't understand why we don't give him a go. We got nothing to lose in my opinion as all we have to do is get in the play offs then anything can happen.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 19 Jan 2012, 8:36 am

Players are always going to get injured at some stage of the season, and its better at the beginning of the season than the end.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 19 Jan 2012, 1:05 pm

Murrell may have started out as a half back but he isn't one now , i was hoping with the new coach we would stop playing players out of position .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 19 Jan 2012, 3:59 pm

So was i, espically seeing as he's supposed to have a good reputation with youngsters.
I don't know if you went sunday, but apparently he played Lovegrove in the centers and J Hodgson at loose forward? Why?
We have young players who play these positions already, give them ago. After all Watts and Taylor have both played very well after being given the chance.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 19 Jan 2012, 5:16 pm

I didnt go sunday but the family did , we played ok for the first half apparantley and that was without Dobbo . Sandercock has come out and said he tried players out in different position to look at options given the reduced subsitutions this season as he is still looking to have more forward options from the bench in games .

Tonights paper is saying Withers or Galea will probably start the season at 6 as it now looks like Green could be out for upto six months .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 19 Jan 2012, 5:32 pm

That's bad if he is. But then don't understand why Withers and Galea are being lined up to play there. Galea is worse there than Murrell, and seeing as he is one of the best Second rowers in super league, just don't understand why we move him.
Just give Bell the chance, if he's good enough great, if not then at least we can then move players around to cover it.
Also heard that we were okay 1st half, apparently biggest problem was our kicking game, which is obviously going to improve with either Galea, Withers or Murrell at off half Erm Looks like were going to need another massive season from Dobson to stay in tpuch at the start. Am now slightly happy with our 1st for games, at least we get them out of the way early.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:52 pm

I think we will get an idea of the starting 13 from who gets picked for weekend and were they will play . Sandercock has already said he will change things at half time though so not really taking the game seriously .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 22 Jan 2012, 12:12 am

Withers looks like hes going to get the nod to start at scrum half
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 22 Jan 2012, 3:58 am

When does the season kick off? The match you mention above Kenny... was that a pre-season selection match or warm-up?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 22 Jan 2012, 12:18 pm

Rovers play Hull Fc in a pre season game today its suppose to be a friendly but game s between us are never friendly so both teams with still want to win although i do expect both sides to make lots of changes during the game to try things out . Hull with home advantage i think will beat us today .

Rovers first Superleague game is away to Leeds on friday the 3rd feb which is Superleagues opening night .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 22 Jan 2012, 12:21 pm

Not too long to go then. OK

I think the All Stars match is in about 2 weeks as well... and then there's about 3 weeks of pre-season matches before the NRL season starts again.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 22 Jan 2012, 12:25 pm

Im always a bit dubious about things before the seasons start and this year is no different , i think we have made to many changes and some that weren't needed ie replacing Fisher with Withers , add that to a new coach with new ideas and i think it could take a good 9 - 10 games before we see how we will play .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 22 Jan 2012, 12:29 pm

I know what you mean. I shudder to think how my beloved Manly will look with a few key players and the coach gone.
It was really awful what happened after the GF - instead of celebrating it we were too busy with all the major 'breaking news' bits. steam

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 22 Jan 2012, 12:37 pm

With Green who was our most consistant player last season out for who knows how long then Micheal Dobson will have to shoulder all the plays so he has to start the season running .

What are your thoughts on Manly this season , i know they are your team but given whats happened are they still the team to beat or do you see someone else winning it this year ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 22 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

Probably someone else... I don't know who. I wouldn't mind the Warriors this year.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 22 Jan 2012, 5:46 pm

Family back from the rugby , a typical derby they said no quater given , both teams started with strong teams but both used the game to try different players out and like i thought used all their squads .

Rovers looked good in parts so im told McDonnell grabbed 2 trys as did Lovegrove , Rovers eventually winning 36 - 18 having scored 7 trys .

Only preseason so not looking to much into the result although when my Hull supporting brother-in-law comes to see me tomorrow that should keep him quiet as i was dreading a Hull win with him coming , I should make an easy £20 quid out of him though as he thinks they are going to win the league .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down