The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which PES?

+6
davidl1061
Soldier_Of_Fortune
cherriesfna
sodhat
Beer
Union Cane
10 posters

Go down

Which PES? Empty Which PES?

Post by Union Cane Fri 20 Jan - 21:10

I'm not a big football fan, however I have played PES since it was "International Superstar Soccer" on the PS1 (Roberto Larcos, Taribo West's green hair and all that...)

I currently have PES2010, and I mainly play the odd online game when I have half an hour to kill, I win some and lose some and usually end up getting annoyed at playing against Barcelona every game and being dominant in matches before their Messi dribbles the length of the pitch and scores.

However, word is that the PES2010 servers will be closing at the end of the month, so what I want to know is should I get PES2011 or pay the extra and move straight on to PES2012?

I did play a demo of 2012 and found it very fast and "pinbally", what would you guys recommend?

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Which PES? Empty Re: Which PES?

Post by Beer Fri 20 Jan - 21:25

I did play a demo of 2012 and found it very fast and "pinbally", what would you guys recommend?

FIFA 12.

Pro Evo has gone massively downhill since PES6.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 20 Jan - 22:00

King Beer wrote:FIFA 12.

I couldn't, it would feel wrong, like a betrayal of all the things I hold dear.

And the buttons are different.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 20 Jan - 22:17

Union Cane wrote:
King Beer wrote:FIFA 12.

I couldn't, it would feel wrong, like a betrayal of all the things I hold dear.

And the buttons are different.

I thought that, but i initially went from a devout Fifa player to PES but it's just got progressively worse.

You can set the buttons to mirror the PES setup.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 20 Jan - 22:22

That might be the answer then.

Are Grimsby Town in FIFA?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 20 Jan - 22:22

Yes!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 20 Jan - 22:29

I have PES 2012 Union, and I prefer to Fifa by a long shot.

I may get shat on for it, but Fifa was too focused on realism and it took the fun out of it for me. I wasn't sat there enjoying the games, I was focused on not ballsing up...all too serious for me when I want to go home and mindlessly dribble the ball past people, pass it around and smash goals in from all angles. One thing PES always has better than Fifa is shooting; I get the feeling with Fifa I can only score set kinds of goals where as with PES I can hit speculative shots and they end up flashing into the net.

There is no Grimsby on PES. But I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sat 21 Jan - 0:37

grimsby arent on fifa unless u get fifa 11, but it is head over heels above PES worth getting
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 21 Jan - 0:42

I've always prefered PES and had converted most of my mates over the years. Now am back to probably being the only one with PES as the all love FIFA 11 and 12. I played them and I have also got PES 2011 I still prefer PES's gameplay. I usually get the update to update team names, badges and tem names etc but it doesnt really bother me anyway

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Sat 21 Jan - 0:44

Sounds like FIFA is the one to go for.

Am I the only one still using directional buttons? I cannot for the life of me play football games with the analogue stick, although I had a rugby game and could do it perfectly well.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sat 21 Jan - 0:52

Union Cane wrote:Sounds like FIFA is the one to go for.

Am I the only one still using directional buttons? I cannot for the life of me play football games with the analogue stick, although I had a rugby game and could do it perfectly well.

Yes. This isn't the dark ages, Union.

I can see why you would go for Fifa. Stylistically, it is the better game. But I can't let go of the PES gameplay being more enjoyable and to me it always has been. If you've been a PES man for life, you'd like 2012 all the same I'd say.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Sat 21 Jan - 0:56

I am loathe to 'switch codes' at this stage to be honest, FIFA would be a last resort.

I can pick up a used PES2012 for about £15 so I'll give that a go I reckon.

Is Messi still untackleable? Is every online game still going to be against Barcelona?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sat 21 Jan - 1:00

Union Cane wrote:I am loathe to 'switch codes' at this stage to be honest, FIFA would be a last resort.

I can pick up a used PES2012 for about £15 so I'll give that a go I reckon.

Is Messi still untackleable? Is every online game still going to be against Barcelona?

Some players are hard to get to, but it's far less frustrating than Fifa in that regard. I would seriously sit there for ages while the CPU passed it around in front of me and all I could do was get near them and then chase as they switched the ball like 1970's Brazil.

I don't play online, last time I did everyone was Inter Milan for some reason. I can't take getting beaten by actual people so I avoid at all costs.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 21 Jan - 2:14

Union Cane wrote:Sounds like FIFA is the one to go for.

Haha no I also use directional buttons for some reason. Although it is easier to use the analogue whilst dribbling.

On one of my BAL games, Messi's rating was 106!! I thought it only went to 99

I had possible the most ovverrated player on the game for my team which is Ibrahimovic. He was 99.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Sat 21 Jan - 2:21

I was always a PES person until FIFA10 came out and now I much prefer fifa, I used to love ISS when I had it on my N64! much better than FIFA64 which had to be one of the worst games ever

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Tue 24 Jan - 22:01

davidl1061 wrote:I was always a PES person until FIFA10 came out and now I much prefer fifa, I used to love ISS when I had it on my N64! much better than FIFA64 which had to be one of the worst games ever

I was exactly the same. Always a PES guy from ISS on N64 to Pro Evolution on PS2 with Bryan Goggs on the left wing for Trad Brick Red, until i bought a PS3 and got a free copy of Fifa 10.

I think the game wa so far ahead of Fifa they just stopped updating it as much and soon got left behind by a long way. Fifa is now by far the better product. 10 years ago PES made Fifa seem like a kids game in comparison, now its the other way for me PES has lost its edge of realism and seems more like an arcade game (and a very slow one at that this year). You never know though in a few years the tides may change again, but cant see EA getting complacent.

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed 25 Jan - 23:53

PES for me, liked the 90's FIFA's but have often found reviews to favour FIFA in later years for frivilous reasons and create this fallacy that PES has regressed at the same rate of knots FIFA has improved.

Like yourself I've played the series since ISS and in conjunction with FIFA for the last 5yrs, not once in that period have I found a FIFA game that plays as well on the pitch as a PES game. There's been the odd time where both have been as bad as each other the rest belongs to PES for me.

The key attirbute for me has always been how fun is it to sit down and play and PES always comes out on top for me in that regard much like SWOS did all those years ago.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 26 Jan - 2:03

Since the switch to next gen consoles pro evo hasn't come up with the goods. The fact I've traded them in for fifa tells it own story. What makes it even worse,fifa is boring and repetitive. If pro evo 5 or 6 came out for the ps3 or xbox with updated graphics etc then that would be p4p best football game ever imo.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 27 Jan - 1:04

Dass wrote:PES for me, liked the 90's FIFA's but have often found reviews to favour FIFA in later years for frivilous reasons and create this fallacy that PES has regressed at the same rate of knots FIFA has improved.

Like yourself I've played the series since ISS and in conjunction with FIFA for the last 5yrs, not once in that period have I found a FIFA game that plays as well on the pitch as a PES game. There's been the odd time where both have been as bad as each other the rest belongs to PES for me.

The key attirbute for me has always been how fun is it to sit down and play and PES always comes out on top for me in that regard much like SWOS did all those years ago.

agree alot with dass, fifa seems to draw people in with there polished finish, leagues teams etc but actual game still falls short for me. theres very little diversity in them and end up doing the same goals over and over again. fifas has never sorted its shooting out, pretty easy to knock it in top corner every time grows boring after a while

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum