The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mcdermott shouldn't be paid - It's time to make an example!!

+16
Union Cane
Valero's Conscience
ShahenshahG
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Knowsit17
manos de piedra
oxring
KingMonkey
nissan
The Galveston Giant
AlexHuckerby
johnson2
TRUSSMAN66
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mcdermott shouldn't be paid - It's time to make an example!! - Page 2 Empty Mcdermott shouldn't be paid - It's time to make an example!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 22 Jan 2012, 4:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

People pay good money to watch a show......Boxing is a professional sport..People have the right to expect a guy to act in a professional way or be penalised....

6 ft 3 and nearly twenty stone.......Just pathetic and let's face it the fight was always going to end early!!!

You turn up overweight for training in cricket or soccer you get sent home and fined...You certainly don't play!!!

People expect an athlete who's well paid to act professional......

Time for the bodyweight index to come into Boxing...Nothing too severe!!!!

But enough to stop fat people who come in looking like that to earn money in another profession..

He'll get paid but he shouldn't be..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Mcdermott shouldn't be paid - It's time to make an example!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mcdermott shouldn't be paid - It's time to make an example!!

Post by tobbox Mon 23 Jan 2012, 3:01 pm

I wonder what, if any, training took place? I mean, he must have sparred, done some work in the gym? He should be ashamed of himself and yeah, I agree, he should have his purse withheld.

tobbox

Back to top Go down

Mcdermott shouldn't be paid - It's time to make an example!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mcdermott shouldn't be paid - It's time to make an example!!

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Jan 2012, 3:07 pm

Did his contract stipulate that he had to train?

If it didn't, there is no reason to withhold his purse.

All he had to do was turn up, which he did.

He could have carried on as well, remember, he mis-counted the referee's count.

(Where do Sky get these commentators?)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 23 Jan 2012, 3:11 pm

Union Cane wrote:Did his contract stipulate that he had to train?

If it doesn't - Maloney should be shot.

Unless (duh duh duuuuuuuuuuuh) - Maloney knew that big John hadn't trained - didn't care and didn't really want him to anyway - so Price could make more of an impression.

He's paid his guy to be a patsy to dramatically increase the value of his other charge.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 23 Jan 2012, 3:11 pm

You are of course right Union, just as there was in the Audley fight there is no grounds on which to withhold his purse. The only way a performance like this hurts a fighter is through the basic rule of supply and demand, one would hope knowing he is not going to turn up in shape or give them value for money fans or TV companies will not pay out for cards or main events with such fighters in and as such they will cease getting bookings, although the fact Audley is still fighting 11 years from his debut would suggest this does not always work out as readily as it should.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Jan 2012, 3:15 pm

It was almost Tunney-esque, the way Big John knelt there staring intently at the ref as he counted.

Should perhaps have gotten up at nine rather than ten though.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 23 Jan 2012, 3:16 pm

He would have went straight back down had he beat the count.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 23 Jan 2012, 3:45 pm

Union Cane wrote:It was almost Tunney-esque, the way Big John knelt there staring intently at the ref as he counted.

Should perhaps have gotten up at nine rather than ten though.

Comparing Big John to Tunney now!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 23 Jan 2012, 8:45 pm

I thought he done alright for the 49 seconds he was on his feet. Admit it though, it's fun seeing a fat man get beat up.

He looked like a weeble-wobble!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 8:56 pm

Not fat......come on we are in PC times..

Horizontally challenged...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:09 pm

Yeah you're right, I'm probably going to get kicked off the board now :/

Thanks for picking that up Truss thumbsup

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:21 pm

"I'm probably going to get kicked off the board now".......

Not until you explain what a weeble-wobble is I hope!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Not until you explain what a weeble-wobble is I hope!! Cool

Old toy from many a year ago Truss, called weebles, they were like egg shaped figures with faces on them and the advertising slogan was weebles wobble but they don't fall over, you haven't missed much to be honest.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:28 pm

Might have made a good boyfriend for my Barbie doll... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2