The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We don't have sticky for the Sicilian Open?

5 posters

Go down

We don't have sticky for the Sicilian Open? Empty We don't have sticky for the Sicilian Open?

Post by vinyl1 Sat 19 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

I've been watching Anthony Wall, 206th in the world rankings, duking it out with Raphael Jacquelin, 116th. They are trudging around a remote course in the rain, trying to avoid double bogies. The Golf Channel is broadcasting the whole thing live in the US, but even the commentators don't seem terribly excited.

Let's see if either one of these fellows can par the 18th. Most of the players have hit it into the water hazard.

vinyl1

Back to top Go down

We don't have sticky for the Sicilian Open? Empty Re: We don't have sticky for the Sicilian Open?

Post by McLaren Sat 19 Mar 2011, 3:44 pm

I think the handicap limit for this event is 18!
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

We don't have sticky for the Sicilian Open? Empty Re: We don't have sticky for the Sicilian Open?

Post by Maverick Sat 19 Mar 2011, 5:26 pm

The reason the has been no sticky! Well a non event is the reason, woeful field on a very
poor looking course that is so new the Bermuda grass hasn't even bed in yet.

As for the golf well I've seen better standard on the smaller tours, this really doesn't warrant fully sanctioning as a ET event. The only thing worth watching is Jacquelins silky swing the greens at nest look average

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by vinyl1 Sat 19 Mar 2011, 10:42 pm

Well, I must be a hopeless golf addict, I'd watch the Hooter's Tour if the Golf Channel would show it. It is actually refreshing to see pros struggling like ordinary golfers, although at a higher level.

Jacquelin wasn't so silky on the last two holes, although he managed to salvage par on 18.

vinyl1

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 20 Mar 2011, 7:05 am

Didn't sau I wouldn't watch it, I have been dipping in and out. Just that its not really noteworthy. Its always good to see some of the pros we don't see on our screens week in week out but when you get a complete lack of enthusiasm from the commentary to its hard to follow.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon 21 Mar 2011, 12:35 pm

Well done to Raphael Jacquelin - hopefully that means we'll see the back of the beard he pledged to shave off once he'd won a tournament.

Agree with you, Mav. It wasn't exactly riveting stuff, I've been "dipping" too, but interesting to see a new course being used. Perhaps they just used it about a year too soon. Judging by some Tweets I've read, the transport infrastructure in Sicily wasn't too good either.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 23 Mar 2011, 11:29 pm

Would be great if somebody in here would write a weekly preview for the ET tournaments, similar to what others are doing for the US Tour tournaments.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by vinyl1 Thu 24 Mar 2011, 12:07 am

Well, at the next tournament on the schedule, the number of players with two-digit world golf rankings is only slightly greater than the number of players with four-digit world golf rankings. I can't say it looks very promising.

vinyl1

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 24 Mar 2011, 6:27 am

I don't mind doing a weekly preview for all if its wanted

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu 24 Mar 2011, 11:09 am

Much appreciated Mav. If we had a star system, I'd give it 5!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 24 Mar 2011, 9:06 pm

Mav, you da man!

Vinyl, yeah I agree. Unfortunately many of the tournaments are not star studded, but I'm sure many of us would like to read and learn more about the "Lairds" of the European Tour...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down