The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I meant to support Wigan in the Superleague now?

4 posters

Go down

Am I meant to support Wigan in the Superleague now? Empty Am I meant to support Wigan in the Superleague now?

Post by Steffan Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Im from South Wales and a rugby league fan

Was reading a few articles the other day in regards to the Scorpions and Warriors link up. One said:

"Wigan have declared their intention to succeed the Crusaders as Wales's Super League club by announcing partnerships with the South Wales Scorpions, who play in the Championship, and the national governing body"

I suppose if they are helping rugby league in Wales I should support them

Would be weird though as iv never been that keen on Wigan before to be honest

What you all reckon?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Am I meant to support Wigan in the Superleague now? Empty Re: Am I meant to support Wigan in the Superleague now?

Post by Luke Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:43 am

What Wigan are doing will hopefully help RL in Wales, but they are obviously doing it for there own reasons (fanbase being one of them). But over all they should be comended for there support and help to Welsh RL.

As for you supporting them, no not really it's up to you who you support. But support a team because you like them, not because they or other people expect you to. If that was the case for everybody i'd be a Hull fc fan (i lived in West Hull most of the time i lived there). But i'm not, i'm a Rovers fan and proud of it. So support who you want to.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Am I meant to support Wigan in the Superleague now? Empty Re: Am I meant to support Wigan in the Superleague now?

Post by Kenny Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:58 pm

Didn't you know everyone is supposed to support Wigan !

No seriously Wigans involvement with the Scorpions should benefit both clubs enabling young players to gain experience and maybe enable some good young welsh players to reach a wider audience .

As for supporting Wigan then its upto you , why not go with the Scorpions though ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:43 pm

I think both clubs will benefit from the arrangement.
Wales in the past has had a lot of very good Rugby League players, who of course had union back grounds. I hope the link up is a huge succcess for both clubs.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:58 pm

The Scorpions are my team...but iv decided il give supporting Wigan a go in the Superleague

I hope all the Wigan fans in here realise if they have a great season its all down to me now Wink

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:52 am

Wigan fans will be disappointed that their team was unable to beat Huddersfield , but its only the first game of the new season and there will be lots of twist and turns before the season is over.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down