The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh what an atmosphere....I love a party with an atmosphere......

+5
Shifty
maestegmafia
CurlyOsp
bedfordwelsh
The Wood
9 posters

Go down

Oh what an atmosphere....I love a party with an atmosphere...... Empty Oh what an atmosphere....I love a party with an atmosphere......

Post by The Wood Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:03 am

As I was working late I only managed to catch the second half of the Ospreys V Dragons game on the telly. What struck me that there actually seemed to be an atmosphere at an Ospreys home game. I'm a Dragons fan and at Dave Parade we are lucky to get 6000 paying customers on a good day but the atmosphere generated is usually first class. Would the Brewery Field be a better option for the Ospreys for most of there games in a season or not. I'm sure games could be switched for more high profile games like local derby and Heineken Cup matches where bigger crowds are anticipated. As a player I'd rather have 5-6000 fans creating an atmosphere in a ground like the Brewery Field than have them rattling around in the much bigger Liberty Stadium. The players would probably prefer it as well. Any thoughts?

The Wood

Back to top Go down

Oh what an atmosphere....I love a party with an atmosphere...... Empty Re: Oh what an atmosphere....I love a party with an atmosphere......

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:08 am

I was at the Brewery Field last night and they said there was just shy of 5,000 there.

It was a decent little atmosphere but lots of young kids who had managed to get some cheap drink and had no interest in the game (same at lots of places and were we any different).

As the OP said when we get around 5-6k down at Dave which whilst not being huge generates a top class atmosphere on most occasions, I am hoping that maybe the game last night will maybe get the Dragons board thinking about experimenting with a few games around Gwent.

Game itself was good first half poor second half great bunch of talent on show by both but those who are saying Steffan Jones and Matthew Morgan for Welsh squad please not yet they will get slaughtered against the big boys.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Oh what an atmosphere....I love a party with an atmosphere...... Empty Re: Oh what an atmosphere....I love a party with an atmosphere......

Post by CurlyOsp Sat 28 Jan 2012, 12:17 pm

Was at the game myself, good atmosphere where I was, much better than any I've experienced at the Liberty.

To be fair that was largely down to the Dragons fans, it's hard not to join in when they start chanting "stand up for the men of Gwent" great passion!

I think they could probably sell out the stadium with the temporary stand up for a league game there, just a shame that they're tied to the Liberty (and the parking's a bit of a mess).

CurlyOsp

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 28 Jan 2012, 12:20 pm

I agree I was there last night too. Great atmosphere, wonderful stadium and a good match too, great night out.

As we were discussing on another thread it would be great to see the regions move a number of games out to their larger regions stadiums.

Take the game to the fans, if you can't get the fans to the games.

Wonder if we can get the Ospreys at Llynfi road?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 28 Jan 2012, 3:45 pm

I was there, I think the Brewery field is very run down, and it was bloody freezing!

The only time I heard an atmosphere on the terraces was when the Dragons fans started a Dragons chant and the Ospreys fans started their own to drowned them out. But there was really nothing stand out about it to be honest.

Personally I'd rather they moved to summer rugby, reduced ticket priced and kept all games at the Liberty!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 28 Jan 2012, 5:16 pm

AlynDavies wrote:I was there, I think the Brewery field is very run down, and it was bloody freezing!

The only time I heard an atmosphere on the terraces was when the Dragons fans started a Dragons chant and the Ospreys fans started their own to drowned them out. But there was really nothing stand out about it to be honest.

Personally I'd rather they moved to summer rugby, reduced ticket priced and kept all games at the Liberty!

We're you driving ?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:02 pm

maestegmafia wrote:We're you driving ?
Yes mate I am often the designated driver! laughing
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:56 pm

maestegmafia wrote: As we were discussing on another thread it would be great to see the regions move a number of games out to their larger regions stadiums.

Less than zero chance of that happening at Cardiff Blues at present and it's very different for the O's since they have interests in Brewery Field.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:35 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
maestegmafia wrote: As we were discussing on another thread it would be great to see the regions move a number of games out to their larger regions stadiums.

Less than zero chance of that happening at Cardiff Blues at present and it's very different for the O's since they have interests in Brewery Field.

Yes and any effort they have made at Sardis road has been met with chants of "I will never be a Blue".
Though to be fair Bridgend would be the same if we had been handed to the Blues not the Ospreys.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:59 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Yes and any effort they have made at Sardis road has been met with chants of "I will never be a Blue".
Though to be fair Bridgend would be the same if we had been handed to the Blues not the Ospreys.

There have been Ponty v Cardiff Blues games at Sardis, but all pre season friendlies. A proper game won't happen elsewhere since Cardiff Blues would lose out on refreshment revenue and they would still have to pay for CCS regardless. They could wangle a game at CAP though if they desired since they still pay for the place.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 29 Jan 2012, 11:39 am

The Ospreys have a luxury of four feeder clubs that they need to take advantage of. I can't stand the Liberty. Now that they own Bridgend they should perhaps invest in a new stand for the Brewery field and play some league games next year, perhaps rotate between there and Swansea. That way they are always travelling for games and it could improve their away form, you never know.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:29 pm

Morgannwg wrote:The Ospreys have a luxury of four feeder clubs that they need to take advantage of. I can't stand the Liberty. Now that they own Bridgend they should perhaps invest in a new stand for the Brewery field and play some league games next year, perhaps rotate between there and Swansea. That way they are always travelling for games and it could improve their away form, you never know.

4?
I thought we only had Bridgend and Swansea as our pro feeder clubs? Headscratch
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:32 pm

You've got Neath and someone else too. Can't remember that one off the top of my ehad though, but think it begins with an A? (and yes I know Neath and the O's haven't gotten on but I think that's all fixed now)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:34 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:You've got Neath and someone else too. Can't remember that one off the top of my ehad though, but think it begins with an A? (and yes I know Neath and the O's haven't gotten on but I think that's all fixed now)

ATonmawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:37 pm

aha! diolch Rev OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:41 pm

Aberavon as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:43 pm

To my knowledge nothing has been sorted out with Neath that has been announced other than cuddy rival leaving.

Neath is still full of people who have openly criticised the Ospreys, Hore and Cuddy so I'd be suprised if things were just washed under the bridge that quickly.

Coach Patrick Horgan, has had a few choice things to say about cuddy and Hore and Hore has a habbit of forcing people he doesnt like of of their roles, that hasnt happened at Neath.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:52 pm

Aberavon....that could explain why I was thinking of an A...yeah think they could be Rev.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 01 Feb 2012, 7:56 pm

There was me thinking this thread was a tribute to Russ Abbott Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBGrz73IkHk&feature=fvst

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by BridgendBoyo Thu 02 Feb 2012, 8:32 am

My understanding is that since Hawkes has left Neath, Neath has come back into the Ospreys fold, but not to the extent like it was before. One reason for it coming back was that the WRU had stated that all teams in the Welsh Premiership had to be aligned with a Region.

The company that owns the Ospreys now owns the Brewery field, and Cuddy has invested in the Bridgend team. Swansea and Bridgend are the favoured clubs at this moment in time, it helps that they cover the West and East of the region. I was told that the Brewery field also has the facilities to host games because they better disability access, newish club house with corporate boxes and a restaurant, with a tescos on its doorstep, what more would fans want Wink

Also, the Ospreys realised that Bridgend has a knack of producing young players.

BridgendBoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down