TNA-Someone tell me about it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TNA-Someone tell me about it

Post by Liam on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:05 pm

I've watched TNA a handful of times, the last one was in wembley arena if I recall. I'm obviously a WWE fan but the creative team has been so poor recently I would like to broaden my horizons and watch TNA also. I'm not going to be comparing TNA and WWE whilst watching them, rather watch them both for what they are, two 'different' wrestling shows. I think if you continuously watch TNA going 'WWE wouldn't have done this' or 'half of them are WWE stars anyway'. So could people tell me about:

What are their shows e.g. raw, SD equivalent's?

X division-what is it and who's in it?

Main eventers-Bobby Roode I believe is champion?

Sting and Hogans roles in TNA?

What I will enjoy about TNA's product?

What days and times is it on? I know it's on challenge.

Now I know i've done what I said I wouldn't and compare WWE and TNA but that was just my way of explaining what I meant in the first question If you catch my drift.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Re: TNA-Someone tell me about it

Post by Adam D on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Impact Wretling is the equivalent of Raw/ Smackdown combined. Explosion is like Superstars

X Division is supposed to be a high flying division but really there arent any restrictions. People like Angle and Joe have been in it although it does tend to be lighter guys

Main eventers currently are Roode, Storm, Bully Ray, Sting (to some extent) and Angle (i think)

Sting is commissioner

The wrestling is generally of a higher standard. The Knockouts are better wrestlers and better looking.

What days and times is it on? I know it's on challenge. Wednesday I think.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Adam D wrote:What are their shows e.g. raw, SD equivalent's?

Impact Wretling is the equivalent of Raw/ Smackdown combined. Explosion is like Superstars

X Division is supposed to be a high flying division but really there arent any restrictions. People like Angle and Joe have been in it although it does tend to be lighter guys

Main eventers currently are Roode, Storm, Bully Ray, Sting (to some extent) and Angle (i think)

Sting is commissioner

The wrestling is generally of a higher standard. The Knockouts are better wrestlers and better looking.

What days and times is it on? I know it's on challenge. Wednesday I think.

Close. Think of Sting like a face HHH GM type character. And it's on Sunday nights at 9pm on Challenge/

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:36 pm

Cheers Ad, I'll start giving it a watch, sounds like the set up of it all is pretty good. The only I haven't liked about it when I have watched it is the old school railings on the outside (Never liked them in the first place) and the cheap noise if you like the mat makes when a move is performed. Apart from that I have enjoyed what I have seen so far, like when wrestlers are talking backstage, it looks and sounds realm rather than scripted.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:48 pm

I'd say it woudn't count as either really. 9/10 they always start the show with either an opening segment or a brawl around the iMPACT Zone. They tend to have segments through the show which set up for the main event. They also have camera men who film backstage segement. Me personally I don't really enjoy them. They do however up on some decent matches on a weekly show. The X-Divison matches are normally the fast paced matches with high risk moves. They also have their fair share of gimmick matches and normally would have something like a street fight or a no DQ match during the show.

X-Divison is the high flying high risk wrestlers. The current champ is Austin Aries. He is a former X2 ROH world champion. Very good on the mic, he's quite a matt based wrestler but will go to the top rope during a match. Other guys to look out for are, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Kaz, Kid Kash & Brian Kendrick. They have also had guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels & Jeff Hardy turn out in the past.

Yes Booby is currently the World Champion. Others include his ex tag partner James Storm, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Sting. Other guys such as AJ Styles, Abyss, Bully Ray, Jeff Jarett RVD & Mr. Anderson have also recently been in the spotlight. So I guess what I am sayin is there a number of guys who can step up to the main event.

Sting is currently the GM of the show. He does tend to wrestle every now and then so I would say he would be part time. Hogan I would say is the ambassador for TNA. He does all the media work for tours and things like that. He does appear every once and a while on TNA but has calmed down a lot over the last couple of months. He did however appear at the last PPV supporting Eric's son in a lame storyline.

Honestly in parts some of it gets rather boring. But some of the matches they put out are very decent. They aren't as resticted as they are in WWE. The Knockouts as Adam as said put on a much better match than the current WWE Divas, Apart from Beth. The X-Divison is also worth checking out. A lot of high risk and big moves. They do also tend to have regular hardcore matches with do from time to time have some good spots.

It's on a Sunday at 9pm. The repeats are also shown on a Tuesday at 10pm. Explosion is normally on a Wednesday. The PPV's are nomally on the Wednesday after When they were taken place which is on the Sunday. Like I said you would catch this on a Wednesday at 10pm.

martyr_94 if you want to check out how decent TNA can really be. In My opinion and my personal suggestion would to be check out any PPV's you can from Mid 2005 up until the end of 2009. For me this is when TNA were at their very best. They kind of have lost their way in the last couple of years. But that's just my personal opinion.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:17 pm

This is the biggest problem with TNA in my opinion, only Kurt Angle and Bobby Roode really scream Main Eventer's here, I'd add Jeff Hardy to it but it's criminal that Samoa Joe and AJ Styles at this stage in their TNA careers aren't regarded as definite main men, you can add Mr Anderson to that too, although the sooner he realises that he should be a heel and stop trying to get the fans to like him the faster he'll find his true role in the company

Bobby Roode (Heel)
Jeff Hardy (Face)
Samoa Joe (Tweener)
AJ Styles (Face)
Kurt Angle (Face)
Mr Anderson (Heel)

That's a main event division that could and should be top notch with guys like Crimson (face), Morgan (heel), Storm (face) and Bully Ray (heel) all just sitting under that level

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:19 pm

The_Enigma has hit the nail on the head
just to add X division is for werslers under 220

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:26 pm

''TNA-Someone tell me about it''

It's sh*t, dont waste your time.

Take Me Out on a Saturday night is far better OK

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Mr H wrote:''TNA-Someone tell me about it''

It's sh*t, dont waste your time.

Take Me Out on a Saturday night is far better OK

laughing

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:50 pm

I'm ashamed to say that in my soberity and as such staying in with her in doors on a Saturday Night I've become strangely addicted to that Take Me Out

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:26 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'm ashamed to say that in my soberity and as such staying in with her in doors on a Saturday Night I've become strangely addicted to that Take Me Out
You know those posts that can make people feel queasy...? Erm

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:34 pm

Laugh most of my mosts on any subject have a habit of doing that to people, I'm a right popular swine me...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:10 pm

The_Enigma wrote:What are their shows e.g. raw, SD equivalent's?

I'd say it woudn't count as either really. 9/10 they always start the show with either an opening segment or a brawl around the iMPACT Zone. They tend to have segments through the show which set up for the main event. They also have camera men who film backstage segement. Me personally I don't really enjoy them. They do however up on some decent matches on a weekly show. The X-Divison matches are normally the fast paced matches with high risk moves. They also have their fair share of gimmick matches and normally would have something like a street fight or a no DQ match during the show.

X-Divison is the high flying high risk wrestlers. The current champ is Austin Aries. He is a former X2 ROH world champion. Very good on the mic, he's quite a matt based wrestler but will go to the top rope during a match. Other guys to look out for are, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Kaz, Kid Kash & Brian Kendrick. They have also had guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels & Jeff Hardy turn out in the past.

Yes Booby is currently the World Champion. Others include his ex tag partner James Storm, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Sting. Other guys such as AJ Styles, Abyss, Bully Ray, Jeff Jarett RVD & Mr. Anderson have also recently been in the spotlight. So I guess what I am sayin is there a number of guys who can step up to the main event.

Sting is currently the GM of the show. He does tend to wrestle every now and then so I would say he would be part time. Hogan I would say is the ambassador for TNA. He does all the media work for tours and things like that. He does appear every once and a while on TNA but has calmed down a lot over the last couple of months. He did however appear at the last PPV supporting Eric's son in a lame storyline.

Honestly in parts some of it gets rather boring. But some of the matches they put out are very decent. They aren't as resticted as they are in WWE. The Knockouts as Adam as said put on a much better match than the current WWE Divas, Apart from Beth. The X-Divison is also worth checking out. A lot of high risk and big moves. They do also tend to have regular hardcore matches with do from time to time have some good spots.

It's on a Sunday at 9pm. The repeats are also shown on a Tuesday at 10pm. Explosion is normally on a Wednesday. The PPV's are nomally on the Wednesday after When they were taken place which is on the Sunday. Like I said you would catch this on a Wednesday at 10pm.

martyr_94 if you want to check out how decent TNA can really be. In My opinion and my personal suggestion would to be check out any PPV's you can from Mid 2005 up until the end of 2009. For me this is when TNA were at their very best. They kind of have lost their way in the last couple of years. But that's just my personal opinion.

Thanks enigma, i'll check out those PPV's definately. Mr.H and gaffer, I appreciate your not quite as in depth analysis as enigma but i'll give it a try. Hey, I think we all love a bit of take me out. My uncle looks like Paddy for a start laughing. Let the Yorkshire, see the pudding Laugh

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:40 am

How does Take me Out even come into this conversation, it is on a totally different day at a totally different time?

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:53 am

The wrestling quality is of a far higher standard compared to the WWE. Even the tag matches and undercard is worth watching. The matches are more enjoyable even if you can't buy into the storyline which can be a problem sometimes.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:04 pm

Generally speaking, the Heavyweight scene is pretty good. The title / contender matches tend to be pretty epic. The likes of Roode, Storm, Bully Ray, Hardy, Morgan, Crimson etc. always put on a great show.

There's a whole load of other top talent that they're not making great use of at the moment, including Styles, Daniels, Kazarian, RVD, Anderson, Angle and a bunch of others. They've all been title contenders / holders at some point, but are just support acts at the moment. Would like to see them either put into tag teams or given another belt to fight for, as they deserve to be higher-profile.

The other stand-out feature is the X Division. First time I watched, Bryan Kendrick was the champion, but Aries has held the title for quite a while now. Lots of talent in this division, including Jesse Sorensen, Zema Ion, Alex Shelley. As others have said, these matches tend to be faster-paced and have more high-risk moves.

The female Knockouts division also has a good crop of wrestlers at the moment. These gals really can fight (as well as being easy on the eye Wink )

The only really bad point about TNA is that they have a lot of talent floating around, without any real direction. The tag team scene is also a bit of a mess at the moment. Formerly they had:

Beer Money (split after Roode turned on Storm)
Pope & D-Von (split after feud)
Mexican America (left after losing title to Crimson & Morgan)
MCMG (on hiatus while Chris Sabin recovers from injury)
Ink Inc (split after Jesse Neal's contract ran out)

Crimson and Morgan were paired up to take the title off Mexican America and have since lost it to Magnus & Samoa Joe. Apart from those two there aren't any other long-term teams. Fighters just seem to get paired up to fill a slot.

I think that by establishing another title and/or sorting out some long-term tag teams, they could make better use of their talent and improve their shows.

dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum