The Tell A Story Thread.

Go down

The Tell A Story Thread. Empty The Tell A Story Thread.

Post by Holymiky on Thu 24 Mar 2011, 12:59 pm

Now i love to hear about peoples lives they lead but i wanna get into it a bit more and if you have an interesting story or experience you would like to share, please do.

Ill start to make an example.

Recently i dislocated my right shoulder (no it did not fragment into my spinal column!) at work by losing my footing on the stairs and popping it out of place, most painful thing i've ever felt by the way! So i was put into a sling for 4 weeks and was limited to what i could do, i wouldn't recommend it! I had what appears to be my second and last physio appointment today, and hopefully getting discharged by my doctor tommorow. I'm feeling good about 2011 though and just enjoying stuff such as gaming, wrestling and just living.

Over to you guys?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

The Tell A Story Thread. Empty Re: The Tell A Story Thread.

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 24 Mar 2011, 1:38 pm

Good stuff Miky, glad to hear you're on the mend Hug

I remember about a year or so ago I was playing football and went over my ankle. It swelled up to basketball size almost but I didn't get it seen to because the next day the swelling had gone down. So I carried on as normal for the next couple of weeks but it would still give me some bother when I woke up in the mornings, it'd be really sore. As the day went on the pain would go away but waking up the next morning it'd be agony first thing.

Eventually my girlfriend forced me to go to the hospital, the whole time I'm going "There's nothing wrong with me!", they took an x-ray and I was sitting there thinking what a waste of time it all was. Eventually the nurse came in and says "Yeah you've got a broken ankle". Felt a right eejit lying there whilst they put the plaster on, and the whole time my girlfriend's going "I told you so! I told you so!" Very Happy

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky on Thu 24 Mar 2011, 2:12 pm

I bet that was painful!

Me and my mate were fake wrestling and he did a Ric flair type knee drop onto my left wrist and he wasn't skinny.

Anyways i went home in a bit of pain not thinking much of it and i told my mum etc (i was younger then). She took me out of school to go to hospital the next day and turns out it was a fractured wrist!

Was in A and E for 4 hours though!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 24 Mar 2011, 2:21 pm

4 hours?! Ruddy Nora!

I've torn ligaments in both ankles, both from playing football (should probably take up another sport!)

First time I went was the morning after it happened and I must have picked a bad time because no-one was around A&E for 45 minutes, think they were all on a tea break or something. Eventually a nurse comes up, took me into a room and asked what was wrong. Told her about my ankle and how I was in pain and then she said "Did you take painkillers last night?" to which I replied "No" and then she goes "That's why it's sore today then!"

Yeah like the fact that my ankle ligaments were torn had nothing to do with the pain I was in, it was because I didn't take a flipping paracetemol 12 hours earlier! Should have known that would have cured my torn ligaments!

So she moved my ankle around a bit, said "Yep you've torn a ligament", put a tubi-grip on it and gave me some ibuprofen and that was it!

Second time I went in it was a different nurse, she got me a wheelchair (could barely walk) took me for an x-ray, got me a cuppa while I waited, bandaged me up and arranged physio as well. She couldn't have been more different from the first nurse if she tried!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky on Thu 24 Mar 2011, 2:48 pm

Interesting fact about me - I'm allergic to Ibruprofen!

I remember seeing my mate break his wrist, slit a massive gash in his leg on a tree and have concussion, none of it was nice at all.

The concussion - We tied a rope swing up with LAWNMOWER wire (stupid i know) he wanted to try it so he asked to borrow my bike helmet. He borrowed it and ended up falling out of the tree and hit his head on the ground as he dropped. He sat up and only knew who a few people were and went hospital, few days after he came back and he had bought me a new helmet and said "thank you so much, the doctor said your helmet pretty much saved my life".

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Mar 2011, 2:57 pm

I've had surgery...................5 times................in my left knee.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 24 Mar 2011, 3:20 pm

This......is who I am.

This is what I do.

I'm not really an athlete.

This isn't real.

Try lacing my boots.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe on Thu 24 Mar 2011, 4:14 pm

Dislocated my knee, done my cruciate ligaments on the same knee, broke my elbow and dislocated my shoulder

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 24 Mar 2011, 4:15 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Dislocated my knee, done my cruciate ligaments on the same knee, broke my elbow and dislocated my shoulder

But you still got up!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN on Thu 24 Mar 2011, 4:16 pm

Couple of mine:

At work we decided to have a Wii Olympics one afternoon.
I picked up a coffee table to stick the wii on and the bottom section slid out and landed on my big toe. It hurt like anything and went rather numb, wanting though to win the Olympics I carried on. I managed about 3 events until the pain became too much and they took me to A&E where I found out I’d broke my toe. They also had to drill through my toe nail to release the blood that had swollen up under the nail. Later on that night the pain returned due to another build up and I had to drill through my own toenail with a hot needle to release it.

(gaffers fave)
On my 18th birthday I went along to my local (a pub I’d been a regular at and on the pool team since the age of 14) to celebrate. A party was organised by the landlady and both my mum and gran were in attendance. The night was going well and then a policewoman came in.
A rather rough looking policewoman in fishnet tights.
She proceeded to strip me to my boxers and then she took off everything, the full works and it was not a pretty site. She was clearly not a ‘tame’ stripper at this point. She straddled me around the pub like a horse, made me eat a cream covered banana out of her you know where and whipped my backside something chronic, all in front of my gran.
I still wake in cold sweats with the image of her.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

http://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 24 Mar 2011, 5:07 pm

Hero wrote:On my 18th birthday I went along to my local (a pub I’d been a regular at and on the pool team since the age of 14) to celebrate. A party was organised by the landlady and both my mum and gran were in attendance. The night was going well and then a policewoman came in.
A rather rough looking policewoman in fishnet tights.
She proceeded to strip me to my boxers and then she took off everything, the full works and it was not a pretty site. She was clearly not a ‘tame’ stripper at this point. She straddled me around the pub like a horse, made me eat a cream covered banana out of her you know where and whipped my backside something chronic, all in front of my gran.
I still wake in cold sweats with the image of her.

Outstanding! laughing

I remember when I was about 13 or 14 we used to go to the local pier and jump off the breakwater. There was a guy with us and he kicked a bit of wood - probably about a foot or so long - into the water. We started winding him up saying that if a boat came along the wood would get caught up in the propeller, totally wreck the boat and it might sink. At first he didn't believe us but we kept at him to the point he was practically in tears thinking he was going to be responsible for the sinking of a boat!

With perfect timing, a small fishing boat appeared at the entrance to the harbour and started making it's way towards where this bit of wood was innocently floating along. So this guy starts running along SCREAMING "WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT THERE'S A BIT OF WOOD IN THE WATER! THERE'S WOOD IN THE WATER! GET OUT OF THE WAY! THERE'S WOOD IN THE WATER!" We were in absolute bits watching this guy frantically waving his arms around, as the blokes in the boat stared at this mad man unaware that they were chugging to their certain doom because there was WOOD IN THE WATER! laughing

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan on Thu 24 Mar 2011, 7:40 pm

When I was 14 I was playing Squash against a wall outside a cricket club in the dark (yes I know, stupid idea)

Anyway the girl I was playing with went to hit the ball but instead flicked up a conveniently placed pint glass with her racket which smashed in my face, had a massive gash (lol) on my cheek was not nice!

Went to A&E, a nurse had to glue the cut back together, and she somehow managed to get her rubber glove caught in the bloody wound and had to yank it off!

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperupdate on Thu 24 Mar 2011, 8:23 pm

So this is fake right?

Hyperupdate

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend on Sat 26 Mar 2011, 7:57 am

I've torn the pectoral muscle completely off my shoulder.
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 28 Mar 2011, 2:20 pm

I've done nothing bad like any of you, coz I'm not STUPID ! laughing :run1:

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve on Mon 28 Mar 2011, 2:35 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

I remember when I was about 13 or 14 we used to go to the local pier and jump off the breakwater. There was a guy with us and he kicked a bit of wood - probably about a foot or so long - into the water. We started winding him up saying that if a boat came along the wood would get caught up in the propeller, totally wreck the boat and it might sink. At first he didn't believe us but we kept at him to the point he was practically in tears thinking he was going to be responsible for the sinking of a boat!

With perfect timing, a small fishing boat appeared at the entrance to the harbour and started making it's way towards where this bit of wood was innocently floating along. So this guy starts running along SCREAMING "WATCH OUT! WATCH OUT THERE'S A BIT OF WOOD IN THE WATER! THERE'S WOOD IN THE WATER! GET OUT OF THE WAY! THERE'S WOOD IN THE WATER!" We were in absolute bits watching this guy frantically waving his arms around, as the blokes in the boat stared at this mad man unaware that they were chugging to their certain doom because there was WOOD IN THE WATER! laughing

One of the best stories I think I've ever heard. Poor lad! laughing

I've never actually broken/fractured/torn anything in my life. TOUCH WOOD

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum