The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aintree around the corner.

5 posters

Go down

Aintree around the corner. Empty Aintree around the corner.

Post by racingnut Thu 24 Mar 2011, 8:11 pm

Do any of the posters on here look forward to Aintree as much as they do Cheltenham or is it viewed as a poor relation? I personally enjoy Aintree as much as the Festival and from a purely punting angle ive had better Aintrees than i have Cheltenhams.From a racegoers point of view i would recommend Aintree but not National day,ive been three times since 87 and to be honest you cant see a thing of the big race,great atmosphere mind and plenty of nice fillies(sexist comment,slapped wrists).Last time i went Thursday and Friday,still big crowds but you could move about quite freely.
From a betting viewpoint i like horses that have real "toe" around Aintree particularly hurdlers and i always look for horses that gave Cheltenham a swerve.Think the chase course can suit a real bold jumping front runner especially when the ground is on the quick side.Two that i think will suit Aintree are Finians Rainbow and Grandouet,i know they both ran at Cheltenham but to me they both screamed quicker ground, flatter track.

Lets see if we can get these boards going like they where before and during Cheltenham. thumbsup

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Aintree around the corner. Empty Re: Aintree around the corner.

Post by Solerina Thu 24 Mar 2011, 10:05 pm

Good post racingnut.

I no longer look upon Aintree as a poor relation......these days the standard of racing has become so good it's almost like another Cheltenham Festival......I look foward to it nearly as much.

I dread the Grand National tho'......I usually watch it from behind the sofa.....and am always glad when it's over....but I love the other races.....bring it on!

Yes.... let's hope we can keep the interest on here going like we did for Cheltenham.....we might even have a few more members by then.

Where's Enigma got to I wonder.....a few more who have posted on here have been very quiet lately......maybe we'll send out a search party lol.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Wed 30 Mar 2011, 8:14 pm

Well.if the websites and racing press are to be believed then it looks like a real host of Cheltenham victors are trying the double and going to Liverpool.Long Run,Albertas Run,Big Bucks and the likes of Peddlers Cross,Finians Rainbow,Cue Card and many more are most probables.TV looks like its going to work again next week as it has the makings of being three days sport to almost rival the four at Prestbury Park Yahoo

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Wed 30 Mar 2011, 8:18 pm

Lookin forward to it Racin
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Thu 31 Mar 2011, 9:50 am

they may be taking part again but I would be very wary of horses that had tough races at the festival.

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Thu 31 Mar 2011, 11:48 am

I'd tend to agree with you Steveo77 .... i would usually avoid festival winners running at Aintree for the obvious reasons. It takes a very good animal to follow up and training one to peak at Cheltenham and then keep them ticking over until Aintree takes some doing. History would dictate that it's not an easy thing to follow up ... Having said that, i do remember backing Katchit a few years back when he followed up his triumph win by slamming Punjabi in the Novice Hdl. On the same day, Exotic Dancer won the Betfair Bowl after finishing 2nd to Kauto in the Gold Cup and Mighty Man reversed form with Inglis Drever in the Long Distance Hdl (although Inglis hated Aintree ... never did understand why they persisted running him every year there after the super efforts at the festival).
Anyway, it'll be very interesting to see what does line up ... although i do enjoy the meeting .... It's simply not Cheltenham !!! 🍺

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down